Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sunshines11

Ceiling Fan

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi

I'd like to contribute some factors to consider when buying ceiling fans based on my experience few months ago.

1) Take note that installation of fan does not come with the price of the fan. It is about $35 per fan installation. Also, if you buy two fans at one go, electrician still going to charge $35 x 2 units = $70.

2) Remote control and light kit. Take note that these CAN be 3rd party brand ones. So, you may buy an Amasco brand ceiling fan. And you tell the shop you want remote control and/or light kit to come with it. The suppy of remote control and light kit is NOT Amasco brand. It is some other 3rd party brand.

Now, what's the problem with that? The problem is when the remote control and light kit does not work properly after you instal the fan. Example: after a few days from installing everything, the fan speed become very slow! I had the remote control removed and it work back to normal speed.

Then, when i want to return the remote control to shop, they refused to refund me the money!! What makes it worst is that every time something wrong with the fan, you need electrician to come and check and troubleshoot, they CHARGE you for every single time!!

It's so bloody unfair to consumers but this is what the industry practice!!

3) Some shop provide some **** lousy light brand that does not work. Not only you are stuck with a crappy thing but waste $$ troubleshooting it.

4) Please do ask shop if there are refunds policy. No buy from a shop that says no refunds but give you credit note. It is useless! Why? you must buy items from them (no choice) with the credit note. They will quote you HIGHER price for same item somewhere else! so, no matter what u're still stuck with bloody deal and get fleeced!

watch out for this light shop in Balestier....

Bro,

I got electrician to installed KDK v60w onto the 2 iron rod attached to the ceiling with false ceiling board covering the iron rod. After installing, the fan is wobbling. Do you know why?

Hi,

Thinking of replacing my 10 yrs old ceiling fan. Got a quote for 2X Fanco FF9 & 1X "So Call" Alpha V12 56" with 4 lights light-kit @ S$668. Any comment? Thanks.