Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sunshines11

Ceiling Fan

Hv PMed you liao.... ;) hope u'll save abit and buy me kopi ya...kekeke :P:P:dribble: :dribble:

Cheers :drunk:

Hi bro,

Sry to have to repeat this request again. Can pm me your contact for Fanco?

Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Luckygo,

can't help u out on this :dunno: as I dun hv any kdk lobang only FANCO lobang. :(

Cheers pal :drunk:

Hi Bro, you have any chance to compare the fanco ff9 with the crestar air vac 54"?

Can say that it produces the same air flow?

:(

Then just recently I passed by a shop at Geylang where they placed many boxes of ceiling fans outside and surely I pop by in to enquire. The boss advise me not to get fanco as I could get alpha VS5 at $230 with lighting kit, down rod extension at $10 per feet. He said Fanco is made in China while alpha is made in Taiwan. Then he did a demo which pretty impressed me. He switch on the alpha fan and placed his hands onto the turning blades but was unhurt. He said something like a safety feature " soft blades".

So any comments on Alpha ceiling fan and service?

We may have gone to the same shop. The guy who talked to me also.

He:

1) did that hands on blade demo... << who cares when no one in the right mind would stick their finger in

2) talked about '3D design of the blade' <<< every object is 3D, duh

3) ABS better than acrylic, less noise <<< not true to me

4) is as strong as Crestar AIR-VAC and got the cheek to say its better

5) said that Alpha is the number 1 model now cos its the only one with ABS <<< to me, if both fans have same motor, same blade design, ABS or ACRYLIC will give the same wind

6) I asked if ABS is so good, how come Crester didn't make a fan model made of ABS blade... he gave me a vague answer cos of $$$ (which I don't get it.)

context:

I have 4 crestar air vac 48" in my house now and was looking for alternatives which are as strong as alpha VS5. Then this guy promoted to me alpha and he talked confidently. Adviced me to get alpha VS5 even though I was going for crestar air vac(its tested and proven to me).

In the end I buy in to his talk and bought 3 alpha fans, 1 x 48", 2 x 54".

I regretted, but what to do? the fans are installed already. but I felt really cheated. If I had known the alpha vs5 is no where as good as producing wind as strong as crestar vs5, I would have made a different decision at that shop and most probably go for 3 sets of crestar air vac for $280 each compared to alpha for $210 each with installation.

To me, when you purchase ceiling fan, no point choose a nice design one but the fan cannot even do its basic thing, that is to produce strong air flow. Some fans spin so fast, that its a miracle that you can't even feel and decent air flow beneath. I set the crestar air vac(both 48" and 54") to be my yardstick. To date, I HAVE NOT come across any standard fan which can give an air flow comparable to the crestar air vac. If there is a fan that is as good(i really mean as good) if not better, do tell me, I'll really consider getting it. But to date, I have not come across one. After I bought the alpha vs5, it was a big let down. It can't circulate my hall as well as the crestar air vac.

The thing about shops which sell ceiling fans is that you can NEVER compare and two fans fairly in terms of airflow. The shops would likely to be small and the fans would be installed squeezingly, with different distance from the ceiling. Furthermore, the air sucked in at the top of the fans would be obstructed by other ceiling fans and lights. It would be a hit and miss for most buyers. Some buyers would be happy buying their ceiling fan thinking that it has good air flow, but would likely be a misinformed purchase. If everyone had tried the airflow by crestar air vac, they would seriously consider it even though its more expensive. Really, why buy a fan which can't give a decent airflow, especially in this hot humid singapore.

Also there is another thing, the speed regulator of the crestas air vac is more consistent. Below, I will give you an idea(according to my real world feel/experience with both fans) of the strength each speed level, relative to speed 3 of crestar air vac, taken as 100% air flow.

Speed level----------1-----------2---------3

Crestar Air Vac-----30%-------60%-----100%

Alpha VS5-----------10%-------30%-----80%

So for speed level 1 for alpha, its almost not usable.

For Crestar Air Vac speed level 3, it feels like you're at east coast feeling the strong sea breeze. The air flow produced is more constant and larger in radius compared to the alpha vs5, whos airflow sometimes has pockets of low pressure and smaller radius.

Just venting in this post.... really want to let it all out.

To the guy who talked his way into me buying alpha, I think I can get over this if you change all my 3 alphas to crestar air vac without any additional charges. grrrr.

Edited by Mankul

KDK v56vk S$190/R$470 includes U-hook

KDK v60vk S$230/R$560 includes U-hook

installation manual thoroughly before installation.

MY kdk fan model is diff from SG right? MY dun have v56/60k

Hv PMed you liao.... ;) hope you save abit and buy me kopi kekeke.... :dribble: :dribble:

cheers pal :drunk:

Bro bro, can PM the fanco fan contacts please? thanks a million

Hv PMed you liao.... ;) hope you save abit and buy me kopi kekeke.... :dribble: :dribble:

can PM me the contact for fanco and how much is it?

Bro.. possible to send me the contact for Fanco?

Much appreciated.