Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sunshines11

Ceiling Fan

appreciate if anyone can tell where to get specifications for the fanco ff9?

fanco.com.sg only have:

100% Wind Assured, 188 Motor, Energy Saving, Life-Time Warranty (Motor. Only), R.P.M. 150-250, Acrylic Blade.

infor needed:

# of speed regulator

Wattage(W)

Air Velocity(m3/min)

Air Delivery(m/min)

Weight(kg)

noise lvl(dB)

Timer?

Do not buy from frankie at Choon Ying trading (kaki bukit warehouse). He quoted fanco 9 48 inch at 260. I thought I got a good bargain when I reduced it to 240.

Moral of the story. Always do your homework and no point doing homework like me only after I bought. This fan only cost 160 at lighting at balestier.

The price discrimination at Choon Ying is really bad. Different sales man can quote different prices. Be very careful when you buy from them

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Ceiling fan has no "guide" - a kind of conduit-liked, to guide the "air in" & "air out", those with short blade (<48 inch) have short-circulated air flow symptom. Meaning moving "air out" at sides, get sucked in and become "air in", so the flow of air get circulated around the blade area, particularly true when speed is high.

i must say i really don't understand what u mean....

me is very simple, stand below fan to feel the wind. significant difference between kdk 44 inch (stronger power) vs franco 48inch.

close off windows to test as well..

U're welcome... :)

Only when you are buying KDK ceiling fans (using pulley), then you need to purchase the bracket.

The whole set including the bracket and expansion bolts only cost a few bucks for the universal type. (Not Safety tested type)

I've attached the pic of the 2 types of mounting hook commonly use for KDK ceiling fan using pulley, just in case anybody needs the information. :good:

Hope this helps ;)

cheers :drunk:

SAFETY TESTED AND APPROVED TYPE with the expansion bolts and suspension loop

approvemountingbracket2.jpgapprovemountingbracket1.jpg

expandingboltsandring.jpg

bro, where to get this more tokong one?

i disagree on the toy part.

it depends on the location of fan as well, i.e. u put it at the centre of living room, but stand or sit at one corner, of cos cannot feel the wind. 60inch also cannot feel. But if you position it right above your sofa, then will be shiok when watching tv.

my franco 48inch is less powerful than kdk 44inch as well. length of blade is not the only concern here.

Agree with the no lights below fan and no string. Remote hard to say, it might or might not last. my fan still new...hope wldnt spoil so easily...

Ceiling fan has no "guide" - a kind of conduit-liked, to guide the "air in" & "air out", those with short blade (<48 inch) have short-circulated air flow symptom. Meaning moving "air out" at sides, get sucked in and become "air in", so the flow of air get circulated around the blade area, particularly true when speed is high.

Edited by bepgof

it depends on the location of fan as well, i.e. u put it at the centre of living room, but stand or sit at one corner, of cos cannot feel the wind. 60inch also cannot feel. But if you position it right above your sofa, then will be shiok when watching tv.

my franco 48inch is less powerful than kdk 44inch as well. length of blade is not the only concern here.

Agree with the no lights below fan and no string. Remote hard to say, it might or might not last. my fan still new...hope wldnt spoil so easily...

Check out new ceiling fans (www.haikufans.com)

Referring to KDK? Those blade with less than 48 inch in diameter are "toys" fan. Good to see but cannot "eat". 48 inches to 60 inch blade fans run from 200rpm to 300rpm. For HDB, cos of low ceiling, try get those "short but fat neck" type, avoid pull cord, no lighting below blade, will cast shadows and make one spins. Ideally should be variable speed control to suit different situation, of course remote control is the best(subjective). Some like pull cord and pull till it cord breaks or the mechnical rotary switch give way then LL.

wow, tks a lot for yr info.

now i knew wat to expect for the installation and hopefully wun get conn by d installer

Referring to KDK? Those blade with less than 48 inch in diameter are "toys" fan. Good to see but cannot "eat". 48 inches to 60 inch blade fans run from 200rpm to 300rpm. For HDB, cos of low ceiling, try get those "short but fat neck" type, avoid pull cord, no lighting below blade, will cast shadows and make one spins. Ideally should be variable speed control to suit different situation, of course remote control is the best(subjective). Some like pull cord and pull till it cord breaks or the mechnical rotary switch give way then LL.

If install within Lbox or rectangular box, mark 2 lines across each diagonals and get the "centre" point, install the fan there. KDK fan comes with a stainless steel cord/string. String tied to motor assembly, another end is supposingly fitted into another set of anchore bolt, for in case bracket give way, whole assembly will not drop to floor, but hang in the air. But this is not practical for HDB unit as ceiling is low. ABS blade is better than metalic blade - paint will peel or rust after some time.

Those "normal" bracket needs only 2 anchore bolts (3 inch long), those recommended by kdk(where to get?) needs 4 anchor bolts. The rubber gasket MUST fit nicely into the Ring, if too loose (ring too big) fan wobbles at higher speed. Bring the rubber gasket together with u while buying the bracket.

Edited by bepgof

tks a lot for yr reply

Any idea the cost of a bracket?

Actually name should be "bracket-cum ring" is abt $3. Problem is there are sizes of "small" & "big" ring . "Big" not good, at higher speed, whole fan assembly wobbling. Need to buy 4 pcs of anchor bolts too (each ~$1.5). The whole weight of fan assembly is "hung" onto the "ring:. The "ring" is welded onto the bracket. The bracket is fitted onto ceiling.

Edited by bepgof

how to know whether d fan u buying had got the ceiling mounting bracket?

normally buying of fan does not include this bracket?

is it a hidden cost and the installer will charge u for it?

how much does it cost?

normally installing at $35 doesn't include the bracket right?

Edited by mummyboi

hi bro, am looking for remote control ceiling fan. Can recommend any fanco model? can PM me the lobang contact. Many thanks.

If their main website also dun hv, dun think anybody will know... ;)

Cheers pal :drunk:

tks. guess i will have to go showroom try first or to save the trouble will get the kdk.

appreciate if anyone can tell where to get specifications for the fanco ff9?

fanco.com.sg only have:

100% Wind Assured, 188 Motor, Energy Saving, Life-Time Warranty (Motor. Only), R.P.M. 150-250, Acrylic Blade.

infor needed:

# of speed regulator

Wattage(W)

Air Velocity(m3/min)

Air Delivery(m/min)

Weight(kg)

noise lvl(dB)

Timer?