Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sunshines11

Ceiling Fan

1 technical question to ask. i got only 1 switch to control the lighting in my room. if i want to install ceiling fan plus lighting in the room, is it possible for the fan to bypass the switch? in other words, switch to control light while fan to be switched by remote/pull

hi... you would still need a switch to turn on/off the fan before the remote control can be used to adjust the speed. this mean that there must be wiring to your ceiling fan. you can consider using a 2-gang switch, 1 switch for light and 1 switch for fan.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

1 technical question to ask. i got only 1 switch to control the lighting in my room. if i want to install ceiling fan plus lighting in the room, is it possible for the fan to bypass the switch? in other words, switch to control light while fan to be switched by remote/pull

Hi bigb, I've PMed you liao..... ;) nice to hv yr treat pal.... :dribble:

Kopi is good... :good: can keep me awake... kekeke... :D:P

cheers pal :drunk:

Hi bro

I'm also looking for ceiling fans so I'd appreciate your lobang.

Thanks!

Hi all KDK fans,

just to share with you the information i gathered while hunting for KDK ceiling fans...

KDK distributor in Singapore is Capital Distributor (www.kdk.com.sg/index.html) and they display all the ceiling and standing fans in the showroom. Can even test them. :)

However, the sad thing is they don't release the list of dealers to public. When I called to ask, they asked for my location and only gave me 2 dealers' contact. Below is the list of dealers that I collected after calling several rounds :P :-

a)
Everjoint in Ang Mo Kio (so far the cheapest I get)

b) Euromark (
)

c) Tai Yong Electric, 116 Jalan Besar

d) Parisilk (
)

e) Kim Seah Electric,
635 Veerasamy Road #01-164

f) Hong Kwang Electric, blk 30 Kelantan Lane

g) Lim Kim Thye Electric, 157 Jalan Basar
h) Mega discount, B1 Katong Mall

For HDB, only 3 models are allowed due to ceiling height constraint:- A11YS, V56VK and V60WK

Take note that the U-hook and screws are not provided in the box, need to buy separately either from installer or from the shop (though not all shops sell it). Please check with KDK the correct diameter of the hook before buying, as different shops sell different sizes (nearly got tricked by one of the shops). Capital Distributors sell the U-hook and screws at $15 after GST. Installers normally sell it at $10 and Tai Yong sells it at $5.

The warranty of the ceiling fan is 1yr. For the remote control, the replacement costs $40 from Capital Distributor.

Hope the above information is useful.

Cheers

Wow! Thats great info!

Was looking to get a KDK. Think i'll drop by the main showroom at Capital to test them out first.

Thanks for sharing!

Hi all KDK fans,

just to share with you the information i gathered while hunting for KDK ceiling fans...

KDK distributor in Singapore is Capital Distributor (www.kdk.com.sg/index.html) and they display all the ceiling and standing fans in the showroom. Can even test them. :)

However, the sad thing is they don't release the list of dealers to public. When I called to ask, they asked for my location and only gave me 2 dealers' contact. Below is the list of dealers that I collected after calling several rounds :P :-

a)
Everjoint in Ang Mo Kio (so far the cheapest I get)

b) Euromark (
)

c) Tai Yong Electric, 116 Jalan Besar

d) Parisilk (
)

e) Kim Seah Electric,
635 Veerasamy Road #01-164

f) Hong Kwang Electric, blk 30 Kelantan Lane

g) Lim Kim Thye Electric, 157 Jalan Basar
h) Mega discount, B1 Katong Mall

For HDB, only 3 models are allowed due to ceiling height constraint:- A11YS, V56VK and V60WK

Take note that the U-hook and screws are not provided in the box, need to buy separately either from installer or from the shop (though not all shops sell it). Please check with KDK the correct diameter of the hook before buying, as different shops sell different sizes (nearly got tricked by one of the shops). Capital Distributors sell the U-hook and screws at $15 after GST. Installers normally sell it at $10 and Tai Yong sells it at $5.

The warranty of the ceiling fan is 1yr. For the remote control, the replacement costs $40 from Capital Distributor.

Hope the above information is useful.

Cheers

Hi mix361001,

Hv PMed you liao..... ;) if you save abit then buy me TEA lor.....kekeke.....lol... :P

cheers pal :drunk:

Hi Bro,

Please PM me the contact details.Kopi on me if u still r not bored with it :)

Thanks.

Hi android, I've PMed you liao.... ;) , hope you'll save abit n buy me kopi ya lol kekeke.....:P:P:P

cheers :drunk:

Hey bro, I need the contact too. Pls pm me. Wow, so many kopi treat liao...

Hi bro

me need to buy many fans...:)

me need pm from u too......:)

me buy kopi.....................:)

me say Thank You,.......:)

thanks

Hi... Can anyone tell me where r the places that i can go to where there r alot of ceiling fans on display? I m concerned with both the performance n aesthetic purposes :) Btw my id recommended me kdk, but i m stil undecided bet crestar n kdk :) Any advise or recommendations?

Get my KDK from JB... Well worth too....

KDK fan seldom got problem and the price is same as those Taiwan Brand...

I prefer to go for KDK although some say fan from Malaysia dun have balancing kit or warranty...

The model is Fanco FF9, i didn't fix wf any remote control, i'm using pull chain instead.

too many remote controls on the console liao..... :D

As for price, I got it for less then 200bucks :jawdrop:

I'm able to get veri good pricing on fanco fans. :good:

cheers pal

Hi bro,

mind sharing fanco contact? tks!

Thks for your kopi treat.... ;) very nice of you... ;) but I dun hv KDK lobang :dunno:

Cheers pal

bro

I don't mind checking Fanco out. Where's a nice place i can go that carries most models in SG?