Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sunshines11

Ceiling Fan

Hi,

Need some advices here.

I intend to install a ceiling fan and false ceiling in my living room.

My contractor recommend me to install the fan to the concrete ceiling and he will cover the false ceiling over it.

It is logical as it is stronger mounted to the false ceiling.

But I am concern in the future if i need to change the fan. That means i have to remove part of the false ceiling to accesss the fan. Is there a better way?

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

Not to forget, you need enough space in between the fan blades and the ceiling, if not you won't feel any wind man....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

Need some advices here.

I intend to install a ceiling fan and false ceiling in my living room.

My contractor recommend me to install the fan to the concrete ceiling and he will cover the false ceiling over it.

It is logical as it is stronger mounted to the concrete ceiling.

But I am concern in the future if i need to change the fan. That means i have to remove part of the false ceiling to accesss the fan. Is there a better way?

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by kopicino

Hi pal, I've PMed you liao, hope you'll save abit n buy me kopi ya lol kekeke..... :D

cheers :yamseng:

Could anyone PM me a contacts for either repair or retail of ceiling fans?

My current false ceiling lights in my living room are not bright enough for reading. Anyone know of a model with good lighting? Saw an article earlier about models that come with LED lights, I wonder if they are good enough.

Thanks in advance for any help!

do ur franco fan has lights below? if has, then switch them on and turns the other light off. i planning to install downlights for my corners, think they will be far enough from the fan to generate shadows.

I bought a FF-9 Franco 56 inch fan for my living room.

How far apart must my fan be from my living room lights so that i wont see irriating shadow of the moving fan when i on the light?

Hi pal, I've PMed you liao, hope you'll save abit n buy me kopi ya lol kekeke..... :D

cheers :yamseng:

Hi Bro,

Please pm me the contacts of your source.

I'm interested to know the price for

Without light without remote

Without light with remote

With light without remote

With light with remote

Thanks!

I had the same concern too but my ID assured me using cove light is ok wor... your friend hse using what kind of lighting?

Hmm, I didn't think of this when I decided to place my fan near the cove lights.. Hmm, hope that it won't have the dizzy effect.. Anyways, in my earlier post, I said I ordered a Rega Fan but I've cancelled it, I chose Crestar instead..

Bought 4 48" Crestar Airvacs, 2 with light kits (4 lamps with Philips lightbulbs) and 2 without light kits.. 2 regulators and 2 remote controls.. Total slightly above $1000.. Good deal??

I've seen it happening at my friend's place... dizzying when watching tv with the shadows generated by the light shining on the fan blades... end up have to off the lights ..

So when i got my ceiling fan, i ordered the lights that is fixed BELOW the fan... so when I on the fan, i will off other lights above the fan.

Cheers.

I had the same concern too but my ID assured me using cove light is ok wor... your friend hse using what kind of lighting?

I've seen it happening at my friend's place... dizzying when watching tv with the shadows generated by the light shining on the fan blades... end up have to off the lights ..

So when i got my ceiling fan, i ordered the lights that is fixed BELOW the fan... so when I on the fan, i will off other lights above the fan.

Cheers.

Anybody installed their ceiling fan w/o light right next to their cove lighting? Want to find out if you get whirring shadows on the ground. Pinkdewy got install like that but she is inactive le, so checking out the experience of people who have done that.

Btw, bro, can share contact for fan as well? =p

The KDK A11YS is specially designed for low ceiling... very suitable for HDB use... anyone used it b4 and any comments? Im thinking of getting this model.. would appreciate if anyone can comment on this particular model.

thanks!

KDK A11YS is powerful enough if you are sitting under the fan and the coverage is reasonable. I lost trust on any other taiwan made/assemble fan unless they give life time warranty on capacitor. I have two that fail after 7mths and i only on it for 6 hrs a day. They still wants to charge all cost. Most motor don't spoil but what's the use when the fan don't give you the power ! KDK, never have any problem so far.

I'm using Z60WS and A56VK as it is really much more powerful. White color can go with most ceiling. The only disadvantage is without lighting.

Anybody installed their ceiling fan w/o light right next to their cove lighting? Want to find out if you get whirring shadows on the ground. Pinkdewy got install like that but she is inactive le, so checking out the experience of people who have done that.

Btw, bro, can share contact for fan as well? =p

Hi Bro,

Can PM me the supplier's contact and address. By the way, the ceiling fan you have is without lights. Do you know how much is the one with lights + installation + remote?

Thanks.