Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sunshines11

Ceiling Fan

cos Fanco is cheap.. come with light and remote controller...

Crester with ligh kit and remote cost more...

i have 2 Crester with light kit and remote in living room and dining area. i have 3 Fanco Amara 56" in 3 bedroom.

Oh... ok... I dun like ceiling fans with light kit :)

Since you have both, do you prefer crester or fanco?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

If I am not wrong, newer HDB flats are of higher ceiling. But for old flats like mine, 8ft is the norm.

Actually, 7ft is too low in my view. The guideline given by HDB is 2.4m or 7.87ft. But our ceiling is already 8ft, what to do? We are left with no choice :bleah:

Does Elmark have non-aluminum blades for their 3-blade fan? Amasco has acrylic blade, which is a safer option.

Before you install the fan, should start educating your kids, too dangerous to jump up & touch the fan :no:

Edited by yokine9a

saw this FAQ in one of the fan manufacturer website...

25. How low should a ceiling fan hang?

* Ceiling fans should not hang any lower than 7ft from the floor.

My reply.... No wonder hdb request removal of the fans when you do a resale of apartment.

Thanks for yr inputs.

Ya, i agree on the low height problem. If installed with light, then for sure kids will have field time to see who can jump up and touch the fan. The height issue is kinda at the top of my decision making now. Even with 13", for me it is still very low.

I am seriously contemplating the 3 blades. I saw some seriously fan designs from Elmarks and it is appealing. The wish that I have, is that HDB could have design the blocks to be much taller.

the height for the fan from ceiling is around 13"

my ceiling height is 8.3ft or 255

The last time I was in the lighting shop, the sales girl measured for me & said 16" for the Aroma fan. The spec of this fan also stated the height as 40cm or 15.75". How come yours is shorter by 3"? Did you install without the downrod?

Hi Red, my ceiling height is 8 ft or 96", just a bit higher than yours. Putting a Aroma is going to very low. I am currently considering the Fanco 3-blade.

Hi,

I am planning to buy a aroma fan from royal falco, can i find what is the height of the fan from ceiling after the installation?

My hdb unit's ceiling height is only 94", so I am kinda concerned that it will be to low after installation.

the height for the fan from ceiling is around 13"

my ceiling height is 8.3ft or 255

Hi,

I am planning to buy a aroma fan from royal falco, can i find what is the height of the fan from ceiling after the installation?

My hdb unit's ceiling height is only 94", so I am kinda concerned that it will be to low after installation.

How come everybody buying fanco huh?

I bought my crestar 54" include installation and regulator for $294...

cos Fanco is cheap.. come with light and remote controller...

Crester with ligh kit and remote cost more...

i have 2 Crester with light kit and remote in living room and dining area. i have 3 Fanco Amara 56" in 3 bedroom.

PMed... u too.... ;)

Bro...i was looking for that type of fan u had. Can PM me too and may i knoe wat brand and model is it.

Thanks