Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sunshines11

Ceiling Fan

only$85...?very niice price..thanks :sport-smiley-004:

you're welcome. so far I'm quite happy with it, aluminum blades quite durable, I personally don't like acrylic type, feel not save. happy sourcing ...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Anyone knows how to unscrew the lighting cover to replace the faulty tube?

I have tried but to no avail even though the vendor has showed me at the shop. I suspect mine is glued as I can't even turn it! 8|

it depends on the height of your wall, as the 3-blades fans are meant for low height ceiling. For example, i am 1.65m in height. When I raised my hand and point to the ceiling, I think another 60 cm or so, I would have touched the fan. And for those 3 blade fans, they dun have the additional pole (from the ceiling to the motor) of the fan, it's really the flat type. So I am not sure abt the height of your ceiling and won't be able to comment

ic.. thanks for the inputs.. :)

Edited by yokoyoko

hi, thanks for the reply.. not so much for the stability but the wind.. erm.. u mean shorter wall.. 43' fan no winds? that mean need 48" and above? i bot a 56" 5 blades elmark fan(for normal 4 rm hdb flat)... don noe ok a nt... i can change the fan if not suitable.. please advice...

thankss..

it depends on the height of your wall, as the 3-blades fans are meant for low height ceiling. For example, i am 1.65m in height. When I raised my hand and point to the ceiling, I think another 60 cm or so, I would have touched the fan. And for those 3 blade fans, they dun have the additional pole (from the ceiling to the motor) of the fan, it's really the flat type. So I am not sure abt the height of your ceiling and won't be able to comment

For example, my ceiling height was short, so I had to opt for those 3 bladed fan. I didn't feel much wind using a 43" KDK fan but once I switch over to the 48" Elmark fan, i can feel the wind.

hi, thanks for the reply.. not so much for the stability but the wind.. erm.. u mean shorter wall.. 43' fan no winds? that mean need 48" and above? i bot a 56" 5 blades elmark fan(for normal 4 rm hdb flat)... don noe ok a nt... i can change the fan if not suitable.. please advice...

thankss..

Hi everyone

Is it usually the shops will charge additional for the "regulator" i.e. the turn-knob switch for adjusting fan speed? If dun have that means use the pullstring...

The shop I went to charge $35 for the regulator thingy...not sure whether to go for it or just use string ;p

i think it depends on the model of the fan. I bought an Elmark 48" 3-bladed fan recently and it came with a regulator. The installer (whom I paid $50) did not had to do major trunking (my place was already done up). For the regulator, he simply fixed it next to one of my light switches. No additional trunking at all

Hi,

is it that the longer blades, higher spinning power is the best to choose for ceiling fan(in term of stronger wind)? will it be durable since they are using more power and heavier?

a noob on ceiling fan.. neber use before.. those who had used before can comments?

Thanks.. :)

just sharing what the shop told me. of course the longer the blade, the stronger the wind. It also depends on the height of the ceiling. For example, my ceiling height was short, so I had to opt for those 3 bladed fan. I didn't feel much wind using a 43" KDK fan but once I switch over to the 48" Elmark fan, i can feel the wind. I guess you are worried about stability of the fan i.e. will it drop with that additional power? I think as long as your electrician fix the fan well, it shouldn't be a problem. Ceiling fans should be fixed onto a beam or ceiling itself. For my old place whereby we did up the false ceiling, my electrician specifically told my ID to make sure that a sturdy beam is erected across the false ceiling (inside) so that he can install the ceiling fan properly

Hi,

is it that the longer blades, higher spinning power is the best to choose for ceiling fan(in term of stronger wind)? will it be durable since they are using more power and heavier?

a noob on ceiling fan.. neber use before.. those who had used before can comments?

Thanks.. :)

hi w2h

where did you buy your fans in the end and for how much? does this 48" model come in gun-metal (black metal) color?

thanks! :)

$380 for each (inc of installation & the chip for controlling) at a small shop in IMM. can't remember the name. just next to carpark exit (glass door) at level 2/3

not sure about colour but there's a catalogue with all available colours. i chose white cos it's close to ceiling colour, to bland into my ceiling.

may not be the cheapest in town, but too much a hassel for me to go ard s'pore to compare prices (you decide: time spent vs amount saved)