Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sunshines11

Ceiling Fan

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Mine does. It's also an amasco.

For that matter I've had very bad experiences with amasco's quality. My 2nd bedroom fan started making loud humming and rattling noises within 3 months of installation and they fixed it. The stupid thing started again last week. The remote control is half busted - the fan control works but light doesn't. And as you said, the balance seems off, it wobbles even after lots of adjustment by the service tech. And now my master bedroom fan is suddenly going sloooooow... even at max speed.

In contrast, my "crestar" fan in the living room is silky smooth, no noise, no wobble. I'll never recommend or buy amasco stuff. Bad quality.

Anyone's fan wobbles when switched to the highest speed? My amasco 56" motor wobbles slightly at manual speed 3 + remote speed max. It wobbles lesser at manual speed 3 + remote speed med. It works most gracefully at manual speed 2, remote speed med.

For those interested in Monte Carlo fan, here's the pic of it mounted:

Picture367.jpg

Picture370.jpg

The wind was very good.

Elmark service superb and very punctual in delivery.

Hubby and me love the fan.

Even our ID likes it and asked us to recommend him the place to buy :)

I saw 2 LSHA fans at Spinelli China Sq Central.

Does anyone know who supplies/distributes that brand? Can't seem to even find that brand on the Internet.

Anyone's fan wobbles when switched to the highest speed? My amasco 56" motor wobbles slightly at manual speed 3 + remote speed max. It wobbles lesser at manual speed 3 + remote speed med. It works most gracefully at manual speed 2, remote speed med.

pull string... i thought all use remote...

Yeah..mine's those with pullstring to regulate the speed. When i bought this fan i was contemplating between this & the kdk remote controlled ones, but a friend of mine paid $100+ for the remote when it malfunction, so kind of changed my mind to get it.

As for the warranty..i'm not quite sure about it. Not even sure if the warranty card was given at the time when they install it as my reno was taking place & house was in a mess with all the other accessories lying around. Will check with the fanco people..

There are a number of fans which are made in australia which catches my wife's eye but to just import them myself & the thought of getting a electrician to install it will only add to the cost. Then again, the designs are really good which they dont have it here in sg. Of course..warranty is another issue.

Apparantly, my 1 year plus old fanco have failed me since my son played the nintendo wii & accidently swing the pull string over the top of the fan, causing it to slow down abruptly. Though it still works, the speed of the fan have been drastically reduced even though it's on speed3. Tried servicing it myself but to no avail.

It was a pretty good fan i must say, so just a word of caution is to be careful of the pull string (for adjusting the speed) to be stowed away if you intend to have any form of moving around under the fan.

I'm looking into replacing this fan & get another. May try out other brands..

pull string... i thought all use remote...

Based on my research on ceiling fan, KDK is one of the best. But too bad it has limited choices for HDB and design too plain.

Other 2 brands recommended by most people are Fanco and Crestar.

Apparantly, my 1 year plus old fanco have failed me since my son played the nintendo wii & accidently swing the pull string over the top of the fan, causing it to slow down abruptly. Though it still works, the speed of the fan have been drastically reduced even though it's on speed3. Tried servicing it myself but to no avail.

It was a pretty good fan i must say, so just a word of caution is to be careful of the pull string (for adjusting the speed) to be stowed away if you intend to have any form of moving around under the fan.

I'm looking into replacing this fan & get another. May try out other brands..

Based on my research on ceiling fan, KDK is one of the best. But too bad it has limited choices for HDB and design too plain.

Other 2 brands recommended by most people are Fanco and Crestar.

if that is the case, why is it so that 5 blades are recommended for living room and 3 blades is good enough for bedrooms? i am confused!

so how to know which brand is better..

my Wife Bro get the below brand which is recommend by the shop..

http://www.amasco.com.sg

56" 5 blade

speed: 180-255

Motor: dynamic 188

Model afh-141

cost $388 nett include installation

After 1 mth of using, it is not so windy liao...

i like Fanco Aroma too want to get the 54" or 5, is this good....?

Edited by steventay

Hi I am thinking of installing Fanco Aroma, but will the remote (on/off) and wall switch serve as a double switch? ie I want to turn the light on and off from both the remote and wall switch

I find it inconvenient to search for remote all the time. But my wife wants the remote.

Any comments?

you can switch on/off the light from both the remote and the switch

but the fan from the remote only :yamseng:

During the last EXPO exhibition, i saw another brand something like Fanco Star one of the design say Amasco copy them... Amasco on top have hole so not good as dust can go in. Fanco Star don't have hole on top.

http://www.amasco.com.sg

56" 5 blade

speed: 180-255

Motor: dynamic 188

Model afh-141

cost $388 nett include installation

i like Fanco Aroma too want to get the 54" or 56".... include installation...

anywhere to get cheaper price...

i need to get 5.

Edited by steventay