Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sunshines11

Ceiling Fan

Hi I am thinking of installing Fanco Aroma, but will the remote (on/off) and wall switch serve as a double switch? ie I want to turn the light on and off from both the remote and wall switch

I find it inconvenient to search for remote all the time. But my wife wants the remote.

Any comments?

Edited by magiclamp

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I've got a quick question for everyone. Our ceiling fans just got mounted and when I turned them on, at level 1, it was ok (not much sound). But the moment it got to level 2 and 3, wah, **** loud! As in, you can clearly hear the "whirring" noise. Is this normal?

My fiance say perhaps the noise is louder because our home is still empty (renos still on). Should I change to a "quieter" fan? I have a three blade.

livingroom-night.jpg

Edited by ene

if that is the case, why is it so that 5 blades are recommended for living room and 3 blades is good enough for bedrooms? i am confused!

To get fans with lesser blades is true. 5 blades definitely need more energy to drive, it takes up more power or needs stronger motor to drive the fan. So, having more blades should not be slower rotation.

Ever read from the web that the lesser the # of blades, the more air a fan can drive. Meaning that 4 blades can move more air than 5 blades, 3 blades can move more air than 4 blades.

Don't switch to Elmark. People said Elmark has bad customer service

Wah really? Ok ok. Actually, I got a friend who was using Elmark at her living room. Apparently, her fan is not working properly after 5 years already.

Oh and one more thing. I was advised to get fans with lesser blades (i.e. about 3 is good enough) because if you get those with 5 blades or more, it's heavier which means the rotating becomes slower and hence, less wind.

True or not? :unsure:

Sighs. Sounds like no one uses Tamco! Now I'm wondering if I should switch to Elmark..... :(

Wah. Then I got chop liao. 52" fanco for $200 at Palace of Lights. LOL

does the price includes remote control?

Hihi

Just purchased 2 ceiling fans and am looking for contacts of technician for installation.

1 is a new installation while the other 1 is a replacement.

Was quoted $80 for new installation and $120 for replacement by my contractor. I feel I am being ripped off after reading from the forum that the installation charges for new installation is only $40.

We just bought 2 Tamco fans. (1.2m in diameter, 48", 3 blade). We were looking for a plain, simple white fan. It does not come with a remote control but comes with the dial which can be mounted beside your light switches. We learnt that for remote control fans, they usually only come with 1 year warranty but the ones w/o remote controls are covered longer. Something like that, I can't quite remember. Also, these fans don't have the string dangling down which I don't like :D

We got each for $135. Is that a decent price? We got taken to the shop by our ID and honestly, haven't heard of Tamco. Comments about it? Did we pay too much?

Edited by ene