Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sunshines11

Ceiling Fan

I never had ceiling fans before....do they accumulate dust fast?

Hmm...my previous ones are the metal type, this time is the wooden type. My feel is not as fast as those standing fan. That is how my wife feel too.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hope you like it. We simply love the idea of having ceiling fans. :notti:

There are many people who installed ventilation fan in toilet, some with HDB approval, and some didn't ask for approval. I think it should be approved since some of them got approval letter from HDB.

I never had ceiling fans before....do they accumulate dust fast?

I also understand that the ventilation fan is not approved for use in HDB?

ventilation fan can be used in a hdb flat

but if the installation means the 'butt' of the fan will protrude out of the flat then a permit is required

protrude out into your own air-con ledge also consider, as long as from outside can see means permit required liao :notti:

Thanks to your recommendation, I also got it from Palace of Lights. Bought a 52" Fanco fan at $200. Rather expensive, but i didnt bothered to neg as I was in a rush.

Hope you like it. We simply love the idea of having ceiling fans. :notti:

There are many people who installed ventilation fan in toilet, some with HDB approval, and some didn't ask for approval. I think it should be approved since some of them got approval letter from HDB.

Where is the cheapest place to get KDK ceiling and ventilation fan?

i recall there's a KDK dealer at kelantan lane blk 30 (or was it 31?)

it's near sungei road, you can see the fans displayed outside the shop :notti:

I got mine from Palace of Lights at Balestier. Mine is 52" Amasco coz I've got 3 in living/dining area. 2 in living and 1 in dining. I need fan+light and went for wooden coz it look nice, no need separate fan speed control. We wanted ceiling fan coz we dun want a space to put standing fan. All are rooms have ceiling fans too coz too small to put standing fan, and dun like wall mount fan. But I do have friends who simply dun like the idea of ceiling fan. We are quite comfortable with it coz already have ceiling fan in old house.

Thanks to your recommendation, I also got it from Palace of Lights. Bought a 52" Fanco fan at $200. Rather expensive, but i didnt bothered to neg as I was in a rush.

Where is the cheapest place to get KDK ceiling and ventilation fan?

So would I be correct to say that if I want simple, plain white fans that work (no lights) and comes with remote control, KDK would be the best brand? I'm looking for such ceiling fans for my living room and master bedroom.

keltong & applefreak:

Which fan you got and from where? How much does it cost? Now I am still thinking whether to get a ceiling fan for the living room or not.

I got mine from Palace of Lights at Balestier. Mine is 52" Amasco coz I've got 3 in living/dining area. 2 in living and 1 in dining. I need fan+light and went for wooden coz it look nice, no need separate fan speed control. We wanted ceiling fan coz we dun want a space to put standing fan. All are rooms have ceiling fans too coz too small to put standing fan, and dun like wall mount fan. But I do have friends who simply dun like the idea of ceiling fan. We are quite comfortable with it coz already have ceiling fan in old house.

my living room fan is a 60" wooden blade fanco $170

all my fans are wooden bladed to avoid injuries

you can feel the wind as long as you are within a 3m radius from the centre of the fan :P

got all my fans from tai yong along jln besar :lol:

Ya, my experience is same as applefreak, I have been using it when I am DIYing stuff in my new house, and even though I do not stand directly under the fan, I can feel the breeze. So far so good (touch wood).

keltong & applefreak:

Which fan you got and from where? How much does it cost? Now I am still thinking whether to get a ceiling fan for the living room or not.

Ya, my experience is same as applefreak, I have been using it when I am DIYing stuff in my new house, and even though I do not stand directly under the fan, I can feel the breeze. So far so good (touch wood).

hmm that's very interesting Topspin

not that i'm doubting your experience, just that my experience is quite different from yours

my dining fan is nice looking (at least i'd like to think it's nice) with thick wooden blade and bulbs below but the wind is good

we usually eat dinner without switching the fan on as it'll cool the food very fast even if we only switch on the lowest :lol:

btw mine is a 48" from fanco :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by applefreak

From my personal experience on ceiling fan (I have one installed in my study room), those nice looking fans with thick wooden blade and bulbs below is not every windy unless you are directly under it. My study room is not very big but yet not much wind is felt outside of the fan diameter. If going for optimum cooling instead of aesthetics, I think getting a metal fan from well known traditional fan brand may be better.

As a last point, when u go to the showroom for some brands, they give u a quote that is much more than the dealers along Jalan Besar. Dun get cheated, try the Jalan Besar dealers(like TaiYong, Royal Fanco, Lim Kim Thye, Blk 30 Kelantan Lane, etc) also, they can quote you as much as 30%+ lower than some showroom/agents.

Another advice:

When u go to Jalan Besar to look for ceiling fan, prepare for flooding if it rains hard.

Dun park your car in the verasamy or hindoo lanes that side, they flooded up to halfway up the tyre.

That time we went there, got trapped in the Royal Fanco, the water almost coming into the shop........

Hi Calicojane,

Thank you for the useful information.

So what did u get eventually & from where?

I am surprise to know that you could get them cheaper than the sole agents.

I am looking for fans with lights.