Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cookcpu

Network The Whole House

Those who have network their private house, do your electrician did the crimping to the other end of the cat5 cable or just leave it bare for you to find someone to crimp it to RJ45 plug.

My electrician just leave all the cat 5e at the DP point bare. I have to engage someone to do the crimping part.

Please share your experience. Thank you.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Those who have network their private house, do your electrician did the crimping to the other end of the cat5 cable or just leave it bare for you to find someone to crimp it to RJ45 plug.

My electrician just leave all the cat 5e at the DP point bare. I have to engage someone to do the crimping part.

Please share your experience. Thank you.

Hi, my electrician did exactly the same as yours. I crimp all the RJ45 plug myself.

At least you know how to do it.

Before the completion, the contractor told me that the electrician will do a panel for me. Since there are no written contract stating that I can't hold the electrician now.

Now trying to source a few source to do this thing for me.

Before the completion, the contractor told me that the electrician will do a panel for me. Since there are no written contract stating that I can't hold the electrician now.

I suspect the electrician does not do network cable but just help you to lay the cable only. He might not have the proper crimping tools. May you share what you prefer to lay the cable instead of going wireless?

I suspect the electrician does not do network cable but just help you to lay the cable only. He might not have the proper crimping tools. May you share what you prefer to lay the cable instead of going wireless?

Wire is much faster and more secure. That is the main reason.

For the wall panel, you don't need the crimping tool. Ask your electrician to provide the panel, you can download the wiring diagram from the internet to show your electrician if he is not sure about the wire connection.

If you have the confidence to do it yourself, check this out

http://www.bluemax.com/techtips/networking...destandards.htm

but still ask your electrician to provide the panel.