Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LadyLuck

Fetching Bride Place?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Usually not very nice lor, cuz you are married FROM your maternal home (ie the home you are borned into) mah.

I have only seen people holding the groom side's tea ceremony at the new home, but everything related to bride side must be done at her maternal home...

Hi,

Usually the bride gets married off in her maternal home (the home she grew up in). Even if both of you have already moved to the new home, she can return to her maternal home the day before your wedding so that you can fetch her from there.

Hehe..think this is what most people would do lor...it is also possible to get married off in a hotel room if it is not convenient to CHU JIA from the maternal home...

:rolleyes:

actually im quite in the lost.

can fetching wife from our New Home? rather then parent home?

my hb fetched me early in the morning (about 7am) from my mum's house then we had tea ceremony at my mum's house first. after that, my hb brought me back to his dad's house for tea ceremony then back to my mum's house again (after 12pm to symbolize it was after 3 days for the bride to go back to her parents' house). nowadays, seldom people really wait for exactly 3 days later to go back to the bride's parents' house liao. everything has been short-cut liao. :( but in between the fetching journey, we also went to our new house so that there was "ren qi" lor. :notti:

when we went back to my mum's house and his dad's house we must pray the ancestors lor. very important ok. :rofl:

Hi,

Usually the bride gets married off in her maternal home (the home she grew up in). Even if both of you have already moved to the new home, she can return to her maternal home the day before your wedding so that you can fetch her from there.

Hehe..think this is what most people would do lor...it is also possible to get married off in a hotel room if it is not convenient to CHU JIA from the maternal home...

:dunno:

I oso think of hotel for another option. hehee.. but tat the case my family have to go hotel ah?

my hb fetched me early in the morning (about 7am) from my mum's house then we had tea ceremony at my mum's house first. after that, my hb brought me back to his dad's house for tea ceremony then back to my mum's house again (after 12pm to symbolize it was after 3 days for the bride to go back to her parents' house). nowadays, seldom people really wait for exactly 3 days later to go back to the bride's parents' house liao. everything has been short-cut liao. :dunno: but in between the fetching journey, we also went to our new house so that there was "ren qi" lor. :yamseng:

when we went back to my mum's house and his dad's house we must pray the ancestors lor. very important ok. :P

for me if really have to fetch from mum place, this my plan lor

8am from new home to my mum place, make up & gown up :D

9am hb fetch me.

930am outdoor shooting

1030am go new house and change tea ceremony gown

1130am take off to mum place for tea ceremony

1pm go new home (BREAKTIME) before go hotel.

I oso think of hotel for another option. hehee.. but tat the case my family have to go hotel ah?

you are going to have wedding banquet at the hotel and of course your family, relatives etc will be going too, right? :yamseng:

for me if really have to fetch from mum place, this my plan lor

8am from new home to my mum place, make up & gown up :dunno:

9am hb fetch me.

930am outdoor shooting

1030am go new house and change tea ceremony gown

1130am take off to mum place for tea ceremony

1pm go new home (BREAKTIME) before go hotel.

did you look for master to select an auspicious time to fetch the bride? we did lor. :D so far, your planning is ok mah. :dunno: i also went to new house to change tea dress. :P

you are going to have wedding banquet at the hotel and of course your family, relatives etc will be going too, right? :yamseng:

did you look for master to select an auspicious time to fetch the bride? we did lor. :dunno: so far, your planning is ok mah. :dunno: i also went to new house to change tea dress. :P

i mean if fetching wife from hotel, my family have to go hotel early in the morning la.

i din ask master la....dun wan to tink so much...

korea ah.GOSH.. some one tear down my decoration at my main GATE . siao lan

i mean if fetching wife from hotel, my family have to go hotel early in the morning la.

i din ask master la....dun wan to tink so much...

korea ah.GOSH.. some one tear down my decoration at my main GATE . siao lan

i see. then its best to fetch the bride from your mum's house lor. its very impt for us to get master to select auspicious date for GDL, date and time for "an chuang", date for AD, time to fetch bride etc. anyway, it depends individual lor. :dunno:

aiyo, who is so naughty to do that to your deco?! :yamseng: our main door deco has been hanging since cny and still there. :P

hi ladyluck...

i am a bit confused....hee...are you the bride? if you choose to be married from a hotel...most probably your family will stay with you the night before the wedding...so that early next morning everyone will be there when the groom comes to pick you...no need to rush... :bangwall:

My FSM told me actually there is no taboo to 'chu jia' from new house or hotel. But traditionally, we should marry off from our maternal home, go to groom's house for tea ceremony, and then come back to bride's maternal home for 2nd round of tea ceremony.

The trip should only be between the bride's maternal home and groom's house as it signifies 'shuang shuang dui dui' and 'yuan yuan man man', we should not make another trip to the new house in between as it becomes a triangle which is not very good.

So i guess if marrying off from other places other than the maternal home, just make sure you have your tea ceremony at the same place.