Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
caDAVEr

Soho Interiors + Studio Arc

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Anyone had any prior experience with them??? :unsure:

went for a quotation and was told need to pay a designer fee of 3k. Saw their plan but was not really impressed. Was rather simply though, so strike them of my list.

went for a quotation and was told need to pay a designer fee of 3k. Saw their plan but was not really impressed. Was rather simply though, so strike them of my list.

Issit?! I met one of the main designers yesterday and spent 1.5 hours going thru my floorplan. He said to do some 3Ds based on discussed and get back to me after next week. Let see if they ask for any monies then. :P

Issit?! I met one of the main designers yesterday and spent 1.5 hours going thru my floorplan. He said to do some 3Ds based on discussed and get back to me after next week. Let see if they ask for any monies then. :dancingqueen:

oh wat i meant was the pricing quotation includes a 3k designer fee

oh wat i meant was the pricing quotation includes a 3k designer fee

I'm using them to do space planning and design + 3D views + carpentery drawings + ceiling plan etc etc. for the whole house. Quoted me original package price is 3.5k. Got a good discount. :good:

Only needed them to do this as I've my own contractor whom I know can do a good job and more importantly whom I can trust. No need to keep 24/7 monitoring on their work.

Next steps is to give them pictures and dimensions of my existing furniture from my current place that I'm bring over to my new place and they will plan and design based on those items. Quite different from others.

Will update as I go along...

Hi Folks,

Was at a HOME & DECO fair today.

I just got my floor plans hence was out seeking ideas :)

Was quoted $200 for 7 drawings + Consulting + breakdown of total renovation costs - hmm is this ok price?

anything else i should be aware off? - what else should i check ?

cheers

I spoke to someone from this firm before... mmm well.. I dun have a good impression of contractors who are too busy... and those who have nothing to do.

This one was one of those who had nothing to do. He could sms me 3-4 a day, ask me about my place, ask me if I've seen the quotation, ask me if I've discussed it with my siblings... haiz

A Big No-No for me. Too "eng" means no business... which is scary.

I spoke to someone from this firm before... mmm well.. I dun have a good impression of contractors who are too busy... and those who have nothing to do.

This one was one of those who had nothing to do. He could sms me 3-4 a day, ask me about my place, ask me if I've seen the quotation, ask me if I've discussed it with my siblings... haiz

A Big No-No for me. Too "eng" means no business... which is scary.

wow didnt know that :jawdrop:

the guy i got is Dave. thanks for your feedback and i'll keep a lookout

cheers!

wow didnt know that :jawdrop:

the guy i got is Dave. thanks for your feedback and i'll keep a lookout

cheers!

Why are you paying for quotation and consultation fees? I think most of us would tell the id our budget, let him works out a quotation and if you are comfortable with the price, then pay a deposit and he will start the 3d drawing. ... And from his previous projects, you should know how good his design is before enaging him...

I think it is not right to pay $200 upfront for 7 drawing...etc....BUT if you have confirm with them.

I am sure other id/con will willing to quote you the price foc.

Hi Folks,

Was at a HOME & DECO fair today.

I just got my floor plans hence was out seeking ideas :)

Was quoted $200 for 7 drawings + Consulting + breakdown of total renovation costs - hmm is this ok price?

anything else i should be aware off? - what else should i check ?

cheers

Have been sourcing for an ID for the past couple of months and Soho Interiors was one which I shortlisted. Went thru' three rounds of consultation with them, including a session at my new apartment and was inclined to go with them as design-wise, they are perhaps the strongest amongst the 4-5 IDs I met, i.e. what they proposed was quite in tune with the concept my fiancee and I have in mind.

However, my subsequent dealings with the project consultant assigned to me have eroded my confidence in them actually seeing the project through to a satisfactory fruition. Increasingly, from the tardy fashion which the project consultant has been attending to follow-up (e.g. delay in tweaking quotation based on requirements discussed, or even in terms of responding to acknowledge my sms-es), it almost seemed as if I am the one urging them to take on my project, rather than them doing a more proper, and timely pitching exercise...which is quite disappointing considering that I have been quite flexible in terms of my budget.

As of now, I am inclined to go with my alternative ID firm, which may not be as strong design-wise, but certainly gives better vibes in terms of project management. I mean, there is a need to be circumspect vis-a-vis the number of IDs who can actually see their fanciful design ideas through, i.e. I can do without the situation where my initial euphoria of seeing a great design was substituted with a painful, laborious project management phase.

My fiancee and I reckon that we'll just have to do a bit more work going thru' design magazines and surfacing our preferences to the alternative ID to "hand-hold" a bit more on the design aspect.

well i was once getting quotes from them but end up not signing with them, cause the guy that attended me gone missing after 3 appointments, very disappointed with them.

i end uop signing with a COLOURS BY LESLIE CHUA, well a small company price wise ok ok but design wise is good, i felt worthwhile.... not bad.... if u need to run a quote can get me id to try lo.... afterall its good to run more quotes. u can e-mail me at jer92@live.com ill pass u the quote i got...

wah u very active pushing for this leslie chua guy hor? see ur posts here n there recommending him...how abt putting up some of ur home pics to see?