Sign in to follow this  
sylvia1627

Help On Kitchen Cabinets

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

didn't go for suspended kitchen cabinets due to:

1. hard to reach corners

2. can't do chopping on the cabinet

3. will worry about storing heaving things inside the cabinet :notti:

Hi, just got my keys for my new flat so now thinking of ideas..

wondering if suspended kitchen cabinets will be long lasting?? advice pl...

Suspended kitchen...wow...I have to google to understand what it is :notti:

Saw a nice looking suspended kitchen @ http://www.trendir.com/archives/000836.html

Looks nice, it almost like having wall mount kitchen cabinet for both up and bottom. You will have to go for reputable designer/contractor as it will be very tricky for the bottom cabinet. It has to be extra strong and sturdy. A nice concept though. If you do not cook often, this may be a showpiece, a talking piece.

I'm not sure if my kitchen cabinet is considered suspended, especially the bottom half. But i love it bcos it's very easy to vaccum and mop the kitchen floor and when i wash, it dries faster and doesn't touch the cabinet or damage them.

Once my washing machine water host broke and flooded my whole kitchen floor. Thank god my cabinets were not damaged bcos they don't touch the floor. Click on my signature header tosee my T-blog for pics... not sure if that is what u r referring to.

Edited by hasibee

:P thanxs all!

Hasibee, saw the rainbow painting on ur wall. Is very beautiful

Is it wallpaper or painting

Thanks.It's actually our bomb shelter wall. Painted.

i've got cabinet based so no problem with the washing part

only worry was what kind of weight can the cabinet tahan

also heard feedback that it's difficult to get to the back of the cabinet coz it's 60cm

got to squat down to clean right? :P

I'm not sure if my kitchen cabinet is considered suspended, especially the bottom half. But i love it bcos it's very easy to vaccum and mop the kitchen floor and when i wash, it dries faster and doesn't touch the cabinet or damage them.

Once my washing machine water host broke and flooded my whole kitchen floor. Thank god my cabinets were not damaged bcos they don't touch the floor. Click on my signature header tosee my T-blog for pics... not sure if that is what u r referring to.

Not sure why when I go to your T-blog and click on the image link, the link is broken, but looking at some of you able to see, maybe it's my connection.

But sounds like a nice idea in terms of easier cleaning. Will check on durability.

Hi,

I love suspended cabinets!!

My mum's cabinets already lasted her 5 years plus...still ok...when I had my own place I oso opted for suspended ones...now they are about 8 months old....

The pros about it is it is easy to clean the floor and it makes the kitchen looks bigger...

The cons is you will be having less storage space compared to a full cabinet length...

Not too sure about the weight it can sustain though but if it can already hold the weight of a sink and a stove...think the way the carpenters install it should be quite safe...:)

Sorry, didn't know some of the pictures are already gone. I will try to capture some and post tonight.