Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
korea

It Show

to add on

1. don't pay heed to the specs. why pay for something you can't really be sure is there i.e. your eyes can't tell. just like me saying LCD has ghosting problems but since most can't see it anyway just buy lah

2. if you going Full HD, please ensure that your sitting distance is not too far i.e. less than 3m for 42", if not your eyes can't see the details anyway

3. pay for what your eyes can see, not what is stated on paper

me using plasma coz really can't stand the ghosting image of LCD

yes i can see the lag of the images :(

so plasma is the only way to go for me :jawdrop:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
to add on

1. don't pay heed to the specs. why pay for something you can't really be sure is there i.e. your eyes can't tell. just like me saying LCD has ghosting problems but since most can't see it anyway just buy lah

2. if you going Full HD, please ensure that your sitting distance is not too far i.e. less than 3m for 42", if not your eyes can't see the details anyway

yes i can see the lag of the images :yamseng:

so plasma is the only way to go for me :good:

totally agree... :notti: end of the day, its u ppl who will be watching on that screen, probly for the next 5yrs or more.... thus, choose one tt is comfortable to ur eyes (as well as pocket... :P )

btw, applefreak, hw do u chk the number of hr used in ur plasma ah? any miji? :D

You will choose the M series over the Bravia W series? Was really tempted by the W series actually and almost committed but spoke to my CO and decided to give up Full HD. The W series at $2649 (with $200 vouchers) are the only made in Japan sets. Called a few outside retailers like Everjoint, Goh Ah Bee and the one at Transit Road, all quoting $3100 to $3500 CASH deal only, and those are supposedly made in Malaysia.

I really don't know.. personally i'm a sucker for Samsung but then again, it will be a close fight in my humble opinion.. for the price i paid for my Samsung S8 40", i'll definately get either the m8 or the bravia W...

for mid 2k range, i think its good time to go Full HD..

then again its my opinion.. :yamseng:

there's a thread in HWZ that teaches the trick

but i tried it once and failed, didn't dare try again though nothing happened at all :yamseng:

got this from the HWZ thread

8 Gen service menu

Enter at your own risk:

The get into the service menu do the following..

Enter the Service Menu

Start with the plasma turned OFF

Make sure you point the remote directly at the IR sensor in the tv

Press the i button (directly below 9) on the remote (just press, do not hold)

Wait 3 seconds

Press LEFT, UP, LEFT, RIGHT then POWER

If done correctly, the plasma turns on and the INFORMATION page is displayed, will change 3 times on its own quickly.

Press MUTE 3 times until the side bar screen is displayed at the bottom.

Press ENTER

Set:

Standard is set to 115 use left button to set to 0

Next to show hours meter

once into the menu press mute to show panel factory

press enter

Then press down and you will see the hours.

Press HOME MENU to exit

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showp...81&postcount=1

to add on

yes i can see the lag of the images :yamseng:

so plasma is the only way to go for me :good:

hi applefreak,

LCD got ghosting image? whats it suppose to look like? keke... was trying to see if there were any after reading your post. i have another samsung at home too. i dun seem to see any on mine leh...

hi applefreak,

LCD got ghosting image? whats it suppose to look like? keke... was trying to see if there were any after reading your post. i have another samsung at home too. i dun seem to see any on mine leh...

i believe ghosting typically was an issue in the older generations of LCDs.. today's LCD tvs/monitors shouldn't have this problem though..

its more like you can see the same picture but its like shift 1cm to the left right top or bottom.. thus seemingly having 2 pictures.. or a "ghost".. hence the word ghosting.

yup it's just like what phantom described

was watching the sony bravia on display at the IT show

there's a split second delay over the changing image, it's almost like a blur but guess i was kinda looking for it so it's rather obvious to me

not all scenes but only particular scenes esp dark to bright or bright to dark :sport-smiley-004:

yup it's just like what phantom described

was watching the sony bravia on display at the IT show

there's a split second delay over the changing image, it's almost like a blur but guess i was kinda looking for it so it's rather obvious to me

not all scenes but only particular scenes esp dark to bright or bright to dark :sport-smiley-004:

i guess that really depends.. like i can see flickering on LCDs but alot of ppl can't.. its just that i'm used to looking at lcd moniters since i was like 7... and i get really irritated by refresh rates..

i'm not really sure of LCD tvs but one thing is that they flicker.. and thats one reason.. watching 3 hrs of LCD will make ur eyes more tired than 3 hrs of plasma..

on the other hand.. watching too much of either will make most ppl tired.. lol.. even telly junkies..

i guess that really depends.. like i can see flickering on LCDs but alot of ppl can't.. its just that i'm used to looking at lcd moniters since i was like 7... and i get really irritated by refresh rates..

i'm not really sure of LCD tvs but one thing is that they flicker.. and thats one reason.. watching 3 hrs of LCD will make ur eyes more tired than 3 hrs of plasma..

on the other hand.. watching too much of either will make most ppl tired.. lol.. even telly junkies..

ohh.. ok... hmmm... i guess mine shouldn't have that ghosting problem then..either that or i really dun notice it at all. keke.. which is a good thing. my desktop LCDs dun have any ghosting 'effect' either.

that's why it's best to go for what your eyes can see

coz different people see different things

why pay for something you can't tell the difference anyway?

same goes for HTS and audio systems

if they all sound the same to your eyes, why pay a few thousand more for a better spec one? :deal: :deal:

I got a 40" Samsung Full HD LCD at 2399 with 200 robinson voucher on sunday. I was there on Friday and the same set was selling at 2499 with no voucher. Was eyeing the 40" Sony Bravia but in the end got the samsung coz over all a bit cheaper. Now doing house reno. need to budget. lol.

Didnt want to go down squeeze with the crowd this IT show de, but my laptop decided to die on my at 2pm on the last day of the show. ><

end up buying a brand new system from IT show and SLS.

some steals from IT show:

1) Geforce 8800 graphic card $319

2) 2GB DDR3 800 ram $68

3) LG latest LCD monitor 10000:1 $449

4) Sonic Gear Evo 7 $65

wah **** broke, there goes march bonus.