Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hobbes187

Budgeting For A New Home

Washing machines cost about $350 - $400 for samsung, panasonic....

I think u miss out the curtains which could cost as high as $1200 + + +.

For TV, I shall strongly recommend 40 or 42 inches (cost about $1800<LG> to $3999<Sony>) with a blue ray disc player($900++) or PS3($XXX).

For toilet accessories, I got the middle range stainless steel type at $300++ per set.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
A good heater will be around 100-200 but do check with the salesperson on the flow of hot water coming out.

I bought this mistral heater partly cos of its compact size and partly cos the salesperson said it is a good brand.

But when its installed, I find that the water flow if turned on high pressure, the water is only lukewarm. After much adjustment to the flow, then I find that if turn on low pressure, its hot.

hello bunbun!

you bought your furnitures from JB? Wow..

How did you get them out? And where you go?

Can share? =)

Washing machines cost about $350 - $400 for samsung, panasonic....

I think u miss out the curtains which could cost as high as $1200 + + +.

For TV, I shall strongly recommend 40 or 42 inches (cost about $1800<LG> to $3999<Sony>) with a blue ray disc player($900++) or PS3($XXX).

For toilet accessories, I got the middle range stainless steel type at $300++ per set.

Curious, why strongly recommend 40/42" TVs & why bluray player? What about HTS?

Yup Bought my furniture from JB. Some furniture shops in JB does delivery service to singapore for a fee and of course got to pay tax + gst. Still overall cheaper than what I would have paid for in singapore leh.

Went to this furniture shop near Pasir Gudang. Am not familiar with that area myself as I went there like 2 times in total. First time to check out the furnitures there & KIV whatever items in mind while waiting for keys then. 2nd time was to choose & confirm furniture for our place by the time we got the keys.

hello bunbun!

you bought your furnitures from JB? Wow..

How did you get them out? And where you go?

Can share? =)

Actually what is blue ray? You mean tv c/w blue ray disc play or ps3???

Very confusing term.

bluray is a format of HD DVD

before the end of the format war, there was 2 formats for high def dvds

one is just called HD DVD (supported by toshiba i think), the other is bluray (by sony if i'm not wrong)

basically studios can release their films using either format

but recently the war is over coz HD players called it quits

so now the standard in the industry will be bluray

all new films will be released in bluray for high def dvd

if you planning to watch high def dvds (sharper pictures), you need at least a HD-ready (if not Full HD) tv

if not you won't be able to see the details on the screen

then you need a player to play the high def dvds, therefore the need of a bluray player

ps3 is the game console, but one of the accessories available is a bluray player that you attach to your ps3 to play bluray discs

that's why ps3 is considered the cheapest bluray 'player' in the market !!

bluray is a format of HD DVD

before the end of the format war, there was 2 formats for high def dvds

one is just called HD DVD (supported by toshiba i think), the other is bluray (by sony if i'm not wrong)

basically studios can release their films using either format

but recently the war is over coz HD players called it quits

so now the standard in the industry will be bluray

all new films will be released in bluray for high def dvd

if you planning to watch high def dvds (sharper pictures), you need at least a HD-ready (if not Full HD) tv

if not you won't be able to see the details on the screen

then you need a player to play the high def dvds, therefore the need of a bluray player

ps3 is the game console, but one of the accessories available is a bluray player that you attach to your ps3 to play bluray discs

that's why ps3 is considered the cheapest bluray 'player' in the market :sport-smiley-003:

Applefreak,

To watch bluray on Full HD TV can be costly. Bluray disc also not cheap as compared with DVD. Plus one has to cough up additional $2K above for a good HTS. If not, there's no point having superb images w/o the sound effect. Its like driving a Porsche Cayenne with a Proton engine....

My advice, dont be hasty to catch up with technology. Prices will fall esp bluray players & full HD tVs.

Cheers

Vince

Hi Bun Bun,

Not sure if you are able to advise. I need a storage bed. In Sg, the cheapest i can find is about $500 for a hydralic one. Some hydraulic ones cost more than $900. Drawer types costs more than $800. Is it possible to get anything cheaper in JB? Have u seen anything like that when u were there?

Applefreak,

To watch bluray on Full HD TV can be costly. Bluray disc also not cheap as compared with DVD. Plus one has to cough up additional $2K above for a good HTS. If not, there's no point having superb images w/o the sound effect. Its like driving a Porsche Cayenne with a Proton engine....

My advice, dont be hasty to catch up with technology. Prices will fall esp bluray players & full HD tVs.

Cheers

Vince

truth to be told, i have neither

just trying my best to 'explain' what bluray is all about

no intention of getting a bluray player within this year, or a full HD tv for the next 5 yrs

to each his own, if can afford it why not? :sport-smiley-003:

Nipponho, speaking of drawer storage types, I have this queen sized bed with 2 storage drawers at the front. Can see it in my T-Blog. However the storage drawers is not the deep type but sufficient to put bedsheets and a pillow in each drawer

When I was there, I didn't see any storage bed, primary 'cos I saw mostly dark walnut sturdy bed frames as what they have on catalog may not be in their showroom. There are all kinds of bedframes like platform for eg. I think there is the hydraulic ones like you mentioned in their catalog when I was looking through. My advice is that if you're looking for storage beds, you would need a very sturdy bedframe with support for storage.

The bed which I got is about equivalent of SGD 600++. If include in bedside tables, around SGD800+ Hope this helps.

Hi Bun Bun,

Not sure if you are able to advise. I need a storage bed. In Sg, the cheapest i can find is about $500 for a hydralic one. Some hydraulic ones cost more than $900. Drawer types costs more than $800. Is it possible to get anything cheaper in JB? Have u seen anything like that when u were there?