Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Ya I agree with I_club23 on systemind being pricey for storage. I'd enquired there last time about the price and my jaw literally dropped! It's almost 2-3k just for a bed platform. That was their quote as we'd did consider such space saving features. I can't remember how they worked out the quote though as it was like long ago.

for one ID, i was quoted 1.4 k for my balcony platform.. and got other quotes was 850++.

When i ask my ID the reason for the high price.. she told me that the laminate used is a special kind. the laminate is 1cm thick.. meant for ppl to step on it..

is it true? any advice??

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Special kind? Maybe you can ask your ID what brand is the laminate and you can do some research.

But seriously i had the impression that platform laminate is more or less similar to laminated flooring and surely able to support human traffic? :bow:

for one ID, i was quoted 1.4 k for my balcony platform.. and got other quotes was 850++.

When i ask my ID the reason for the high price.. she told me that the laminate used is a special kind. the laminate is 1cm thick.. meant for ppl to step on it..

is it true? any advice??

Special kind? Maybe you can ask your ID what brand is the laminate and you can do some research.

But seriously i had the impression that platform laminate is more or less similar to laminated flooring and surely able to support human traffic? :dancingqueen:

wil ask her tmr.. jus surprise that the cost of the platform is at least 500+ more than the usual..

Edited by softballer

Hmm..I think my platform laminate is the same as what they installed in all my 3 bedrooms leh...just that there is plywood support beneath...I saw the workers fixing it from scratch...quite remarkable cos' so stable and can withstand weight.... :unsure:

Although systemind is rather pricey, I felt that it was worth it after seeing and using the finished product, so I'd still recommend it

Edited by l_club23

Hi...

This is my platform cosy corner which I love sooo much...but it doesn't come with storage lah...

http://myfortunekitty.com/?p=60

:yamseng:

hihi.. the platform look great.. was it part of ur reno package?? how much did ur ID charge you?

I also love your tv console.. where you got it? how much did it cost?

Hi softballer..

Yes, the platform is part of my carpentry in my reno package....our console is from Cellini...cost us about $700 after discount last year... :D

Hi softballer..

Yes, the platform is part of my carpentry in my reno package....our console is from Cellini...cost us about $700 after discount last year... :dancingqueen:

will drop by Cellini to take a look..

ur ID didn't break down the cost of each items?? anyway to find out how much it cost?? how much is ur total package?

My ID quoted me 900 dollars for the platform in laminate. I ask for parquet and she quoted me 1800 dollars.

I think if the laminate is near windows, might get wet and not so lasting.

My ID quoted me 900 dollars for the platform in laminate. I ask for parquet and she quoted me 1800 dollars.

I think if the laminate is near windows, might get wet and not so lasting.

if my contractor is charging me $1000-$1100 for a laminated platform on balcony, 12.5 ft x 6 ft.

is it expensive?

Hi softballer...

Just went to check my quotation...it was about $650 for my platform...

My platform is not by the window so no worries about rain...hehe...

:unsure:

Hi softballer...

Just went to check my quotation...it was about $650 for my platform...

My platform is not by the window so no worries about rain...hehe...

:)

my ID quote me 1.4k for a platform by the balcony..

she says it a small area so give me a lumpsum price..

the laminate used is power dekor.. not v sure abt this brand though..

is it good??

still think it is v ex (though the rest of her carpentary work quite good price)

Hi softballer...

Is your balcony area long? Maybe she quote by the total floor area?

Power dekor I have heard b4 but never used b4 lor...mine is supreme...maybe you can ask her if she use other brands would it be cheaper?

:curse: