Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ahjane

Spray Paint Over Toilet Tiles

Hi, anyone has any contact for the contractor supply and providing labour to spray some kind of epoxy paint over toilet tiles. Cos i dun have to hack to place new tiles due to budget constraint. Also cos i din hack, i dare not overlay cost not sure if got hollow tiles.

After mass reading of the forum, i thought the next best alternative is to paint over it. I read that few forummer did it. I tried to call Poh Chin but company no longer doing this business.

Hope someone can help.

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I got 2 contacts. One from 2 years ago (not sure still in biz) and another from the recent Modern Living 2008 at Singapore Expo. Will post them here tonight coz the file not with me. :notti:

Hi, anyone has any contact for the contractor supply and providing labour to spray some kind of epoxy paint over toilet tiles. Cos i dun have to hack to place new tiles due to budget constraint. Also cos i din hack, i dare not overlay cost not sure if got hollow tiles.

After mass reading of the forum, i thought the next best alternative is to paint over it. I read that few forummer did it. I tried to call Poh Chin but company no longer doing this business.

Hope someone can help.

Can try Faith Coat from Lorong 23 Geylang,tel 6741-7020.

Can try Faith Coat from Lorong 23 Geylang,tel 6741-7020.

thanks thanks..i did read someone wrote faith..with lotsa asterisk***:dancingqueen:! haha i dun know the actual spelling of the company name.

i also forget to take brochure from the paint company in expo recently.

thanks thanks..i did read someone wrote faith..with lotsa asterisk***:notti:! haha i dun know the actual spelling of the company name.

Alternately,if you are into DIY, can try those special tile paints(also epoxy based) from Homefix. I think its about $88.00 per tin/litre. The colours available are quite nice and in matte finish.

thanks thanks..i did read someone wrote faith..with lotsa asterisk***:notti:! haha i dun know the actual spelling of the company name.

Yup, Faith Coat is the one in the Expo. The name card attached is as follows:

Frankie Lim

Sales Manager

9781-5266

Office/Showroom: 37 Lor 23 Geylang #06-02, Yu Li Industrial Building, S 388371

Tel: 6741-7020; Fax: 6741-4033

The other I got which is 2 years back, not sure still in biz :(

ColourTrend Paints

(Special Finishes(FE)Pte Ltd)

16 Edgware Road, Singapore 799767

Tel: 6481-4363; Fax: 6481-7331

:bleah:

thanks for the contact. I called Faith Coat. For a 4rm HDB flat, they charge $450 for 1 toilet floor and $850 for 1 toilet wall. i can choose the colors. They will paint all pipes too if i want.

it is really big saving compare to overlay which cost 3k or hack and lay which cost even more. sigh..really dun have budget but worry about the water leakage and water proofing prob. never reno before, so scared kena con..hehe..

thanks for the contact. I called Faith Coat. For a 4rm HDB flat, they charge $450 for 1 toilet floor and $850 for 1 toilet wall. i can choose the colors. They will paint all pipes too if i want.

it is really big saving compare to overlay which cost 3k or hack and lay which cost even more. sigh..really dun have budget but worry about the water leakage and water proofing prob. never reno before, so scared kena con..hehe..

Hmm....can consider...my mum hates her current flooring, original from HDB 23 years back! Haha....ugly, dirty and slippery.

hi, so confused..visit the Fa**h C**t company. The guy demo can heavy scratch the floor leh...and recommend hard scrubbing too. very impressive, but color not so nice. Cos no more cement grouting, so no prob with mould and algea and wat not.

But contractor says painting no good, says if good, ebione will be doing that liao...how much all still using tiles, hack and overlay. sigh...

i so confused...hubby says if i can more confused if i keep reading forum pages and consulting many contractors....i so tired.

It will not be as good as hacking and laying new tiles lah, so if done properly, it will ensure a few things, proper water proofing for years to come, tiles to your likely (hundreds or thousands to choose from), hmm...can only think of this 2 things.

Spraying is easy but less choices, and depends on the people doing it, may or may not do a good enough job.

I sprayed my toilet bowl and sink about 9-10 years back when this spraying thing is still very new here. The guys did suck a lousy job that in the end I can't remember if I paid him. Lived with those for 7-8 years before I change everything.

I would say laying tiles is the more traditional way and more accepted way, and spraying is like a 'new age' thing and less accepted. Like a paradigm shift. In the end, it's what your want and how much you are willing to pay.

We did consider epoxy paint for kitchen & toilets when we'd first saw our place in its bare condition back then.

Kitchen tiles is in seagreen colour and I was wondering why so different cos both showflat & sample unit have a light grey blue colour for kitchen tiles which was acceptable. Turns out that HDB ran out of the colour and used this seagreen colour.. While it may be nicer to do epoxy paint primary cos of colour choice, the added waterproofing and saving more money in the long run since no need to hack or overlay. The thing about epoxy paint is the feedback we got from my hubby's colleague who says that epoxy paint can peel off after a short while.

think tiles are used by more people as

1. no peeling problem even after years

2. you can't have textured epoxy paint e.g. deep groves or flower motif

3. there's only plain colours, you can't have the mosaic effect compared to tiles

however, epoxy paint should be considered if

1. you are on a budget

2. your tiles are still in good condition but you just don't like the colours

3. you like new things i.e. painting a new colour every five years

4. you already live in the place i.e. no dust from hacking or downtime from the renovation :D

sigh, i would not have considered had not the contractor quote me $5k for doing ONE toilet. Hack and laying new floor and wall tiles.

Still looking for better reasonable quote.

Hi All,

Is 3k - 5k really the estimated cost for hacking and relaying a toilet? I'm currently reading up on renovations, and is considering hacking the floor and wall tiles as I really hate the colours.

I also saw the exhibition from Faith Coat at EXPO a few weeks back. Interesting stuff, but the texture/colour variety seems lacking. Anyway, I was reading a small ad in today's ST newspapers.

"Re-colour Old Tiles and 3 years warranty - 6481-4363"

http://www.designerflake.com/

Could be a local company getting their stuff from Australia (see URL). There is no SG number listed on the website so I have to state it here in case you are interested.