Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ahjane

Spray Paint Over Toilet Tiles

Hi, I have currently engaged Colourtrends Paints to do multi-fleck spraying on both my toilets (wall & floor) as well as my kitchen wall. The spray is not completed yet, but I am very pleased with the results. It really give a new look to the kitchen and toilets. Once it is done, I will post pictures on the forum. The company quote me $3.9K for the above.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Visited Faith Coat showroom with hubby yesterday. They have both the imported and local flakes, also some kind of special flakes with sparkling effect.

To do 1 toilet floor with imported flakes is $550 net (with warranty), with local flakes is $380 net ( with warranty but exclude decolourization). They have plain solid colour and texture effect spray coating for the wall tiles. More than 100 colour to choose from.

Salesperson said they have different range of products to suit different customer group, whether they are comparing prices or quality.

Was told that they have a new year special package promotion at sing expo over 2 weekends (12&13 Jan, 19&20 Jan)

Hi, I have currently engaged Colourtrends Paints to do multi-fleck spraying on both my toilets (wall & floor) as well as my kitchen wall. The spray is not completed yet, but I am very pleased with the results. It really give a new look to the kitchen and toilets. Once it is done, I will post pictures on the forum. The company quote me $3.9K for the above.

$3.9k to do 2 toilet wall + floor and kitchen wall by Colourtrend Paint sounds quite expensive. They will counter offer if met a competitor. I rem they quoted my uncle $4k net for kitchen + 2 toilets wall and floor

Just to share some personal encounters. when i was a project manager with a construction film about 4 years ago, i did invite colourtrend paints to quote for tiles coating works for one of the hotel projects at little indian. an ang moh in his late 50s or early 60s, wearing t-shirt and bermuda (with paints all over his face and body) turned up. he seemed to have came from a job site.

i was quite disappointed when he presented to me his samples. he left me with only one option - spray coating in plain colour for wall and floor tiles. can view the pictures in his web site. those are spray coating applied to the tiles (including floor). only in recent years then came about the designer flakes, linked to an australia web site.

the ang moh operates from home and looks more like a omo. he does all the spraying works himself, with a helper for the simple works. he might have retired or sold his business. the current company seems like a complete new management.

Now a days nobody would apply the spray coating on floor tiles, especially toilet floor. This type of spray coating is slippery when wet and prone to scratches.

This is a very interesting forum. I'm a architect by profession and i'm very familiar with the coating industries.

Dear Mr. Tutto, u are not the only flakes manufacturer in Sg as what u've claimed. To educate you for your ignorance or to expose your intention to mislead our fellow forumers, I've listed 3 local companies that manufacture flakes. 1) BO_ _ _L_ _ _ at ubi, 2) T_ _ T_ _ _ _ at upper paya lebar 3) S_ _ at pandan.

In addition, if your product or service is so good, someone will praise and comment about it. Not for you to go around to argue and boost about how good your product is.

U should go to the right channel and platform to market your product. This forum is setup for the purpose of sharing experience and views, not for suppliers or service providers to sell their "ko yok". Can u imagine what will happen to this forum when the rest of the coating companies start to pump in their ads and argue about their product and sercices?

Dear ricklow1234,

You sound very angry and upset ,have I done something to offend you?

My purpose in this forum to inform readers of the choices available in the market,and to give advice whenever possible.I also state my company credentials and I did not claim to give very good service or say my products are fantastic .

I also do not flame or bad mouth other people or their company products.

We are in this line to give good service and quality products and not to criticize each other.The final choice of choosing which company the home owner want is entirely up to them,it's their choice and they deserve good products for their hard earn money.

If suppliers wish to sell their " ko yok" here,why not? its a free country/forum and I dont argue about their services or comments on their products either,I just clarify the facts when needed.Furthermore readers get to know more companies and have more choices and eventually those offering bad service or products will not last as Singapore is so small ,a bad job done will spread like wildfire.

Yes I know Bo__l__ at Ubi,they have good products and I am good friends with the founder Paul Tan for 20 years and we exchange tips, their flakes are produce elsewhere before and they may have started producing in Singapore.

As fot TT and S , i will check.

Any way I can be contacted at 91386272 or you can visit or call me at my office/factory at 120 woodlands park e3 for a chat/quotation/enquiries/complains or whatever regarding my company or products.We are here for 23 years already and we intend to stay.

Dear Mr. Tutto, I'm not directing at you or your company. You did not offend me but somehow I felt agitated to read what you have posted.

I'm telling the truth and stating facts but not you. I voiced out because I know what is going on in this industry. If i know nothing about it, I'll keep mu mouth shut.

You claimed that you have been in the business for 23 years, but you just can't get the facts correct and wishfully think that you are the only one who manufacturer flakes in SG. Therefore, what I have stated is unquestionable. Either you are ignorant and live happily in your own fantasy, or you are trying to misleadour fellow forumers.

You should have done your home work before making any claims, "As the only manufacturer of flakes in Sg....". Sg is so small but you didn't even know that there are at least 3 other local companies that manufacture flakes. Not just started, but for many years. Might be even longer than you did.

The best part is when you mentioned about BO------ and your relationship withthe founder. Both of you are good friends and and exchanged tips with each other? You mean you don't know your "good friend" has been producing flakes in sg for many years? He did many HDB upgrading projects using locally produced flakes yet you are not aware?

You mentioned you don't criticize or comment on others products. You just clarify facts? You slapped youe own face by saying that "imported flakes may not be as good as local ones...". On what basis do you make that comment? Because they are not tested to local standard so they are not as good?

For your information, BO------ had been using the imported paint flakes (good product as you mentioned) for more than a decade before switching to produce thier own flakes due to increasing inventory and import costs.

You contradicted yourself by saying that BO--- have "good products" that were produced elsewhere. The "good products" you mentioned are the imported paint flakes.

Yes. This forum is free. But not for suppliers to sell their "ko yok" here. Let me direct you to the "Posting of sales & offers" annuncement page of this forum. It stated that " Posting of commercial company sales and offers and their links are notallow in renotalk forum"

Dear Ricklow1234,

Geez, you sure are one angry architect,,anyway feel free call me for a chat to sort things out as i dont wish to make any enemies.

I will not antagonise/argue with you further but will let the readers decide for themselves who they want to use for their spray epoxy coating.

They are more than wise enough after reading through the forum.

Have a good day

Cheers

Mr Loh

what has it got to do with "angry architect"? Let's address the correct issue. I upon my professionalism!

And there's nothing for you to argue about also. What I've stated are truths and facts, cannot be denial. Unless otherwise you can prove that I was wrong.

I'm not here to find fault or to pick on anybody. Let me reiterate, I only elaborate on the truths and facts. This is for the benefit of our fellow forumers. They will get to see the true pictures in case they got misleaded by incorrect info.

what has it got to do with "angry architect"? Let's address the correct issue. I upon my professionalism!

And there's nothing for you to argue about also. What I've stated are truths and facts, cannot be denial. Unless otherwise you can prove that I was wrong.

I'm not here to find fault or to pick on anybody. Let me reiterate, I only elaborate on the truths and facts. This is for the benefit of our fellow forumers. They will get to see the true pictures in case they got misleaded by incorrect info.

Dear ricklow1234,

There's no necessity for you to delete your posts and apologize. You've done nothing wrong.

I don't see what you've posted constitute to any form of defamation. I can verified that it's true that B------- at Ubi and T-- T---- at Upper Paya Leber produce local flakes. The other one I'm not too sure.

Incorrect information is indeed misleading to some extent, it's up to the individual to interpret.

I will stand by you, will pm you my contact in case you need any assistence.

hi david, pm'd you but no reply?h

Sorry ferReno, I was away for oversea assignment and din really follow up on this issue. By the way, how's your reno works?

Did you engage any contractor for your tiles painting? If yes, how's your experience with the contractor?

Hi guys,

For those who have done this spray paint thingy since a few years back, is it still in good condition? Or has anyone experience peeling and discoloration?

Getting keys to my resale condo soon. Am thinking of hacking and re-tiling, but it'll cost me at least $20k for 3 toilets... So am looking for a cheap alternative.

Hi guys,

For those who have done this spray paint thingy since a few years back, is it still in good condition? Or has anyone experience peeling and discoloration?

Usage and maintenance is one of the key factors to determine how long the coating can last.

The bottom line still lies on the reliability and workmanship of the installer.

I have done up my 2 toilets more than a year ago and are still in good condition. My friend did his toilets about 4 months back but he was facing a lot of problems.

The coating started to peel off just 1 month after the job was completed. The contractor came back to patch up the coating twice but the problem remain unsolved.

My friend got fed up with his contractor and eventually engaged my contractor to remove the existing coat and re-coat the 2 toilets floor.

Usage and maintenance is one of the key factors to determine how long the coating can last.

The bottom line still lies on the reliability and workmanship of the installer.

I have done up my 2 toilets more than a year ago and are still in good condition. My friend did his toilets about 4 months back but he was facing a lot of problems.

The coating started to peel off just 1 month after the job was completed. The contractor came back to patch up the coating twice but the problem remain unsolved.

My friend got fed up with his contractor and eventually engaged my contractor to remove the existing coat and re-coat the 2 toilets floor.

Thanks David,

Eh possible to pm me the name of the contractor?

Have just went to Faith Coat today to know more about the coating, and view the samples. Was quoted $4.1k for 3 toilets, floor + wall. Or is there any other reliable contractors with lower price?

I am doing my research about spray paint for toliet & kitchen (both wall+floor), and came to this thread. Have called 3 companies that were recommended in this thread, following quotes based on HDB 3room flat, price vary accordance to actual size. Hope this is useful for 'newcomers', can use this as a guideline for your research instead of reading the whole thread! ;)

A) Tutto

2 x Toilet wall+floor: $2600

1 x Kitchen wall+floor: $2100

Total: $4700

Wesbite: www.tutto.com.sg

Address: Woodlands Industrial Park

Customer service: Straightforward, no frills.

B) Faith Coat

2 x Toilet wall+floor: $2800

1 x Kitchen wall+floor: $1800

Total: $4600.

After discount: $4200

Address: Lor 23 Geylang

Customer service: Friendly, customer-service oriented, detailed.

C) ColourTrend Paints (aka Designer Flake)

2 x Toilet wall+floor: $2700

1 x Kitchen wall+floor: $1550

Total: about $4250 or $5psf

Website: no official company website, but is linked to www.designerflake.com

Address: Seletar Base / Tampines / Defu Lane

Customer service: Polite, customer-service oriented, detailed, invited me to visit his completed projects.

Edited by diamond11