Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ahjane

Spray Paint Over Toilet Tiles

Thanks David,

Eh possible to pm me the name of the contractor?

Have just went to Faith Coat today to know more about the coating, and view the samples. Was quoted $4.1k for 3 toilets, floor + wall. Or is there any other reliable contractors with lower price?

So coincident! My contractor is from Faith Coat ( can refer to my previous thread in Feb 2012).

Look for Philip. He is very detailed and provides good advise. His pricing may not be the cheapest in town but reasonable. Most importantly is the assurance of doing a proper job which he really delivered.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

C) ColourTrend Paints (aka Designer Flake)

2 x Toilet wall+floor: $2700

1 x Kitchen wall+floor: $1550

Total: about $4250 or $5psf

This company didn't seem to be consistent with thier pricing. They used to quote below $1,000 for a toilet wall + floor

This company didn't seem to be consistent with thier pricing. They used to quote below $1,000 for a toilet wall + floor

Prices soared might be resulted from constantly engaging in price war. As I mentioned earlier, they will counter offered a much cheaper quote when met a competitor.

Either they have very good profit margin, which I don't think is the case; or they have to do more jobs.

This implies that quality of works is compromised as this service requires fine workmanship. Balloon will burst when defective jobs started to snowball.

So coincident! My contractor is from Faith Coat ( can refer to my previous thread in Feb 2012).

Look for Philip. He is very detailed and provides good advise. His pricing may not be the cheapest in town but reasonable. Most importantly is the assurance of doing a proper job which he really delivered.

Yes Philips is the one I liasse with. He's coming down to my place for an assesment this wed.

Yes Philips is the one I liasse with. He's coming down to my place for an assesment this wed.

Oh I see. Hope he can get more business.

Actually I did compared other companies before deciding to go for Faith Coat. I personally feel more comfortable and confident dealing with Philip.

I did my toilets a few months back ( jus before CNY) My friend saw the transformation " faith coat" did to my toilets and was very impressed and keen to do the same for his toilets.

A renovation company at tampines offered a much cheaper quote and claimed that they are using similar product as "faith coat". My friend engaged his service and it turn out to be a nightmare.

They spend 2 days just doing 1 toilet floor. Worst of all, the floor looked patchy and was still sticky on the 3rd day. They came back to redo the job but there were still some patches. My friend was utterly disappointed.

This could be the same contractor your friend engaged.

Anyway, just beware of this renovation company "Pri_ _ _ _ _ _ Sol_ _ _ _ _ " located at Tampines industrial area.

They also take 2 days just to do a toilet floor. They use locally produced flakes but claimed that those were imported from USA.

Don't get conned by this company! By the look and weigh of the raw flakes can differentiate the 2 products.

This could be the same contractor your friend engaged.

Anyway, just beware of this renovation company "Pri_ _ _ _ _ _ Sol_ _ _ _ _ " located at Tampines industrial area.

They also take 2 days just to do a toilet floor. They use locally produced flakes but claimed that those were imported from USA.

Don't get conned by this company! By the look and weigh of the raw flakes can differentiate the 2 products.

Dear Dongjing,

Im the In-Charge of "Pri_ _ _ _ _ _ Sol_ _ _ _ _ " located at Tampines industrial area. I had recieved a call from my contact and realise that you have comment of my company as above. This is my first post and never did i ever gave any sales comments over here. And correct me if Im wrong. You had only joined this forum on 27/02/2013 at 22:42 and giving out your very first post at 23:07 as above on the comments. And even based on your Profile of no contact information at all trying to act ANONYMOUS and giving comment like this without any proof! Our Company had never told any customer that the floor coating can be done witin a day. We charge $1,000.00 nett for 02 toilets floor and $550 for 1 toilet floor. $1,000 job for 4days and why dont my company just follow the rest doing the work within a day using "hotgun" to speed up the process??? To let you have a better knowledge about coating, there is a period of drying time during interval layer!

We bring in our wall coating paint directly from the US call Multicolor Paint which you can google online about their history. Let me tell you as well, we took the flake locally from a company called "Bo***" This company named was earlier mentioned by an architect in the earlier post. He share the same view as one of the leading flake manufacturer locally. Even the flake coating is been used by Town council for upgrading project.

So now PLEASE verify your stand of "Don't get conned by this company! "

Who is the person in the company whom say that the flakes are import from USA?? We only bring in the wall coating paint from the USA directly!

Well I will be waiting for your reply for the above statement. So please dont be a "coward" sitting in front of the monitor screen and giving misleading comments!

For your info, our comapny not only provide inhouse spray coating works, we are HDB & BCA registered contractor that undertake all reno works.

So why dont step forward and reply what i had said to make your STAND?

You can jolly well post any irrelevant comments but just show some proof for your comments.

I can be reach at 6781 9559!

Edited by AllanTan9009

• Like 1

Hi SupperKing

I suggest you look for the person whom did the work for you.

What warranty did they issue?

Cant comment much as i do not even know what material they used.

Firstly we dont even recommend to use epoxy paint as it will turn yellowish when exposed to sunlight.

Primer coat is the most important layer as if the bonding is not there, no matter how many layers of top coat been applied on, it will still peel off.

Secondly how did you maintained the coated wall?

We do not recommend using anything that is abrasive to scrub as you will damaged the wall. You can always use soft sponge with dettol, magic clean etc

Well perhaps you can always state down who is the one whom did the work for you.

Dear Dongjing,

Im the In-Charge of "Pri_ _ _ _ _ _ Sol_ _ _ _ _ " located at Tampines industrial area. I had recieved a call from my contact and realise that you have comment of my company as above. This is my first post and never did i ever gave any sales comments over here. And correct me if Im wrong. You had only joined this forum on 27/02/2013 at 22:42 and giving out your very first post at 23:07 as above on the comments. And even based on your Profile of no contact information at all trying to act ANONYMOUS and giving comment like this without any proof! Our Company had never told any customer that the floor coating can be done witin a day. We charge $1,000.00 nett for 02 toilets floor and $550 for 1 toilet floor. $1,000 job for 4days and why dont my company just follow the rest doing the work within a day using "hotgun" to speed up the process??? To let you have a better knowledge about coating, there is a period of drying time during interval layer!

We bring in our wall coating paint directly from the US call Multicolor Paint which you can google online about their history. Let me tell you as well, we took the flake locally from a company called "Bo***" This company named was earlier mentioned by an architect in the earlier post. He share the same view as one of the leading flake manufacturer locally. Even the flake coating is been used by Town council for upgrading project.

So now PLEASE verify your stand of "Don't get conned by this company! "

Who is the person in the company whom say that the flakes are import from USA?? We only bring in the wall coating paint from the USA directly!

Well I will be waiting for your reply for the above statement. So please dont be a "coward" sitting in front of the monitor screen and giving misleading comments!

For your info, our comapny not only provide inhouse spray coating works, we are HDB & BCA registered contractor that undertake all reno works.

So why dont step forward and reply what i had said to make your STAND?

You can jolly well post any irrelevant comments but just show some proof for your comments.

I can be reach at 6781 9559!

I just happened to know about this forum through a online reno search that night.

Mr. Allan, you should know who I am. I'm Mrs. Tan, You came to my place at tampines to give a quote. Yes, you did mentioned you take 2 days to do a toilet floor beacause others use hot gun to speed up the process. I also remembered very clearly that you told me that "all your products" were imported and from USA. But now you are saying that only the wall paints were from USA but the flakes were from a local source? .... after reading my post to warn others in this forum?

I can get the same job done at $380 per toilet using the same material you used.

Come on young man, although auntie maybe semi retired, but I have better things to do than to be a "coward" siting in front of the monitor screen and giving misleading comments.

I just happened to know about this forum through a online reno search that night.

Mr. Allan, you should know who I am. I'm Mrs. Tan, You came to my place at tampines to give a quote. Yes, you did mentioned you take 2 days to do a toilet floor beacause others use hot gun to speed up the process. I also remembered very clearly that you told me that "all your products" were imported and from USA. But now you are saying that only the wall paints were from USA but the flakes were from a local source? .... after reading my post to warn others in this forum?

I can get the same job done at $380 per toilet using the same material you used.

Come on young man, although auntie maybe semi retired, but I have better things to do than to be a "coward" siting in front of the monitor screen and giving misleading comments.

Oh Hi to this so called Mrs Tan.

I go over to your place and gave a quote?? Oh so now you admit that i mentioned to you that it takes 2 days to do complete therefore whats the accusation about we takes 2 days to do in earlier post??!!

the best part is who on earth are you Mrs Tan??!! But since you appear from nowhere and comment like that, i will simply just entertain you on this forum!

Why must i be worried about your accusation as you are simply ANONYMOUS. Im replying your post because of you mentioned about "Don't get conned by this company! " Well let me also guess in this forum there might be so many so called "House Owner" simply contractors themselves trying to promote their own company! Lol!

Now you can also jolly well put words to my mouth that i mentioned the flakes are from USA when now i simply state on this forum that our paint is from USA and the flakes from local. Let me also comment when some other guys are bringing in from Malaysia!

Wow you can do the floor coating using same material for $380?? What material?? Whats the epoxy resin brand? Whats the size of the flakes?? Can you list out?? Well who's the company doing the "SAME COATING" at $380? You can help to promote "THAT" comapny. Why dont you say at $280 instead? Lol!

Let me tell you the best part, my staff did a search and REALISED that for the past 30 months record, we do not even have a quotation or invoice with the customer by the name MRS TAN staying in Tampines! Lol! Any explaination??Lol! Oh perhaps you are someone with wrong identity?? Lol!

Please bring out some proof to show the whole world in this forum instead of making me laugh at what you have said!! Lol! Are you in the same trade, Auntie! Please for god sake, justify your claim!

Or why dont we meet at perhaps small claim court if you insist that i had wrongly mislead you, HDB branch office or how about the office of this reno forum??

Im really looking forward to see you in person or even your reply over at this forum.

Spray epoxy over tiles is only a short term solution and these are some pictures of the conditions only after a 3 years. They started peeling and cracking - so ugly. Seems they have to hack and redo tiles and better to re-tile them in the first place. End up paying more and have so much inconvenience for another reno. Perhaps, the spray painting epoxy contractor can comment what is the problems here.

ppp-191_zps51aaf977.jpg

ppp-189_zps41dc392b.jpg

ppp-188_zps9f44eb63.jpg

ppp-190_zpsabc85ed6.jpg

OMG... Can share with me via pm which co did your coating?

There's a influx of individuals and compines claiming that they also provide tiles coating services recently. Flakes are manufactured locally in recent years and anybody can access to these local flakes easily due to low cost and ready stock.

Apart from the flakes, the use of the undercoat and protective coat is also very important. This implies to wall spray coating as well. The application requires experience and knowledge of the product.

As highlighted by a reader, this service requires fine workmanship and the reliability of the installer. One should consider carefully before deciding which installer to engage.

OMG... Can share with me via pm which co did your coating?

Can also share with me who did the coating for you? I'm also considering this on my toilet wall & floor. Just to ensure that i won't go to this company.

I'm considering Faith Coat as based on the forum they seemed to be reliable.

Thanks!

I told myself I'll never consider spray coating on my tiles after viewing these photos. But I changed my mind and was convinced that this so called coating on tiles really works after seeing a demo at Singapore Expo by Faith Coat during the recent home show.

To show me the effect of spray coating on tiles, the sales person broke a piece of ceramic tile that was spray coated. From the cross section of the broken tile, could see clearly that the coating bonded firmly to the tile and looked as it already became part of the tile surface. Very impressive! See for yourself to believe.