Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ahjane

Spray Paint Over Toilet Tiles

IMG_0814_zps6d286e2c.jpgIMG_0816_zpsb31ed2a4.jpg

Just had my toilet tiles renovated and sprayed, it is done by tutto asia pacific and the result is totally awesome, workmanship is really great. Highly recommended to all ! :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I've seen those raw flakes (both locally produced and imported) at the singapore expo. I'm not trying to bilittle local product, but by the look, I can see a great difference in terms of quality and of course can roughly work out the cost of production between the 2. Just can't figure out why the locally produced one turned out to be more expensive than the imported flakes. $605 vs $550 per toilet floor??

I totally agree with you. We have to compare apple with apple.

The locally produced flakes look more like shred plastic and lighter in weigh.

The imported flakes look like oatmeal / wheat flakes and heavier.

Those foreign flakes are mainly imported from Netherland and have been around for 3-4 decades or more.

By the look and feel of the products can differentiate the difference between the 2.

I totally agree with you. We have to compare apple with apple.

The locally produced flakes look more like shred plastic and lighter in weigh.

The imported flakes look like oatmeal / wheat flakes and heavier.

Those foreign flakes are mainly imported from Netherland and have been around for 3-4 decades or more.

By the look and feel of the products can differentiate the difference between the 2.

Since we back to tis topic, let me share wat i've encountered.

no more $605 to do a toilet floor with local flakes, they have reduced the price to $500. Anyway the customer service and attitude of that salesman really sucks!!! When i made enquiry about the services, he sounded impatient and gave a kind of "ai lai mai sua" (u want u come, don't want forget it) attitude.

i didn't want to waste my time with him. I got another contractor to do my toilet floor at $380 using local flakes, so much cheaper.

As wat snailslow mentioned, the flakes really looked like shred plastic and very light. They did the job within a day and returned on the second day just to grind the floor. The flakes were quite poky when the glue dried up.

i did it the cheapest way because the unit is for rent. I'm happy if it can last me 2-3 years.

Part 1, my family of 3 person with story cut short,

- did flakes coating in 2009 from contractor met during roadshows that specialize in such flakes coatings, for both toilets, kitchen and service balcony, using Imported flakes

- main toilet only use for bathing and weekly changing of water in pail for house mopping

- discoloring appears more vividly over the shower standing area

- many cracks appear in early 2013, warranty is over

- water starts to sip through the cracks and under the flake coats, causing many hollow gaps between floor tiles and flake coats leading to peeling off

- place non slip mat over the crack areas

- finally one big piece came off during weekly toilet cleaning

- service balcony, kitchen toilet and master toilet that is use less and has much less contact with water, still ok so far

judge the condition on how i maintain the toilet for yourself

20114036fb5599e13db02afa0f47b1c088163caf

20114032b5e16db2b19a7c87597d58e4ec75395c

20114035c38b56fefb87d1eb1ea6f7f047ae1a7f

20114034230500d7c514c7edd36706fc5ada7611

201140333379330501ebe4b9f11f913d8a3dd6be

201141102005b2668677599c3cc84a8327e78215

Edited by littledaogei

• Like 1

Can try Faith Coat from Lorong 23 Geylang,tel 6741-7020.

Hi, anyone has any contact for the contractor supply and providing labour to spray some kind of epoxy paint over toilet tiles. Cos i dun have to hack to place new tiles due to budget constraint. Also cos i din hack, i dare not overlay cost not sure if got hollow tiles.

After mass reading of the forum, i thought the next best alternative is to paint over it. I read that few forummer did it. I tried to call Poh Chin but company no longer doing this business.

Hope someone can help.

u can call 9056XXXX and look for habib, i know he does that.

After reading and researching most of this tile spray paint wouldnt last more than 2-3 years.

My wallet ask me to go ahead and my heart says no.

Can I have more feedback from you people?

Thanks in advance.

I'd still opt to replace the tiles over spray-painting over it. To think of it, tiles are not like marble, where it is costlier. Read through some comments, I can see how people advised youtile spray paint won't last you any more than 2-3 years. 

Good reasons why you should still choose to replace tiles using tiles...instead of spray painting over.

1. Highly durable. 

2. Low maintenance. Instead of spending that $$$ on spray paint, why not spend a bit more to replace the tile? Think long term.

3. Environmentally friendly. It doesn't need to be treated or cleaned with chemicals - warm water should suffice for daily cleaning. Tile flooring can also help preserve your indoor air quality :)

Read here to find out more: https://www.stoneamperor.com.sg/5-solid-advantages-of-viewgres-porcelain-tiles/

Edited by Lydia18
errors