Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
countrylover

Our Cosy Country Home

hi countrylover, any progress? :bangwall:

Haha...thanks for your interest. Been quite tired and lazy to take photos to update my blog. Just to update, we are working on our feature walls now. We are preparing the timber and bricks, should be able to start fixing them this weekend. Will try to take some pics these few days to upload here. :bangwall:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi vivien

waiting to see pics! :bow:

oh ya regarding the set from IFC above, i bought tat for my bedroom but in white, excluding the wardrobe. its on discount when i bought it. have u gone to check the shop out yet? i bought quite a few items there, dining set, chest of drawers, study table.

i added u in msn already, didn see u online...

hi vivien

waiting to see pics! :~

oh ya regarding the set from IFC above, i bought tat for my bedroom but in white, excluding the wardrobe. its on discount when i bought it. have u gone to check the shop out yet? i bought quite a few items there, dining set, chest of drawers, study table.

i added u in msn already, didn see u online...

Sorry, I can't rem who you are? Care to enlighten me? Pardon me for my bad memory :bow:

I've not gone to IFC yet, can't find the time. How much did you spend for the items mentioned?

How did you lay the cement screed yourself???

We engaged contractors to do screeding and floor tiles. The cement mentioned above which we DIY was for the window platform. :bow:

Sorry, I can't rem who you are? Care to enlighten me? Pardon me for my bad memory :bangwall:

I've not gone to IFC yet, can't find the time. How much did you spend for the items mentioned?

hi i'm Valerie. we emailed remember? u gave me ur msn add but so far didn see u online.

hi countrylover, how's progress? :)

Thanks for your concern. Hehe...nothing new to report. We still struggling to finish up with the feature walls and painting. Cos everything DIY and we only have weekends to work on it, so taking our time to finish. Targetting to finish everything in 3 weeks time, so can move in by end May.

Will keep all posted! :yamseng:

hihi, sounds like some great investments1 :P

do you mind sharing which US website u got your lights from? 4 items for $1K inclu shipping seems very reasonable indeed!

Do show pics of feature wall/ painting jobs if convenient! :)

hihi, sounds like some great investments1 :P

do you mind sharing which US website u got your lights from? 4 items for $1K inclu shipping seems very reasonable indeed!

Do show pics of feature wall/ painting jobs if convenient! :)

I bought all my lights from ebay. You can check out the following merchants :

http://stores.ebay.com/Selas-imall-Shops-and-Boutiques

http://stores.ebay.com/CSS-LIGHTING

http://stores.ebay.com/Tiffany-Direct

They are really cheap, mostly below US$100. It's the shipping charges that kill. But with shipping, still cheaper than what we can get in S'pore. I consolidated the varoius shipments via vpost USA to save on shipping costs. One thing though, u need to get yr electrician to do a conversion, cos US uses 120v but S'pore uses 240v.

I can't show photos of the lightings now as they are all packed in the boxes. What I've attached here are the stock pics from the merchants. Hope they look as stunning when installed! :sport-smiley-004:

A7-404-3B.jpg

86865.jpg

FB1474.jpg

C16338.jpg

Hi Countrylover,

Will there be voltage rating concern? Since USA is using 110V AC? Or you had already sort that out for lightings?

Yeah, that was a consideration before we decided to buy from US. We will need to ask our electrician to do a conversion to 240V for us.

All your lights are very nice! *Envious* Couldnt buy our tiffany lamp due to budget. for my next house i'll learn from u, buy from US

All your lights are very nice! *Envious* Couldnt buy our tiffany lamp due to budget. for my next house i'll learn from u, buy from US

Thanks. It's not too late. Maybe can consider getting a tiffany standing lamp or table lamp? I was also surprised that it's so cheap in US. Now I know why tiffany lamps and chandeliers are so expensive in Singapore. The markups by local stores are a killer!

I'm very pleased with the quality of the lamps...the frames are all made of wrought iron. Initially was very worried that they are made of inferior materials. But finishings and all are really good! So no complaints! :good:

Hey Zlia...is your home reno completed? Still waiting to see your pics leh ;)

Edited by countrylover

wow ur lightings are lovely!! if u're getting tiffany lamps from US again do let me know. i'm short of a standing lamp and if possible i wanna get from the site u recommended hehe. tiffany lamps in sg do look diff from overseas.. the ones u got are great. cant wait to see ur completed house :)

wow ur lightings are lovely!! if u're getting tiffany lamps from US again do let me know. i'm short of a standing lamp and if possible i wanna get from the site u recommended hehe. tiffany lamps in sg do look diff from overseas.. the ones u got are great. cant wait to see ur completed house :)

Thanks. Have u completed your reno? Quick...quick...show photos! :notti: