Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
countrylover

Our Cosy Country Home

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

These are wallies I purchased from US to beautify our otherwise boring wall tiles.

DSC08095.jpg

DSC08098.jpg

I'm not quite done with the toilet decor, will add in more items and shelving units over the next few months.

Can I check with you guys how the wiring for your hood is run? Is it concealed? Mine is exposed, so quite awful with the wiring dangling around. :(

Hi mine is concealed.

The developer concealed the switch and wire inside the cabinet.

Cos ontop of my hood is a cabinet.... and everything is inside. But if

i open the cabinet can see one wire. ahhahaha

Btw... your house looks warm and cozy..

love all the small bits you are putting together!!

Hi mine is concealed.

The developer concealed the switch and wire inside the cabinet.

Cos ontop of my hood is a cabinet.... and everything is inside. But if

i open the cabinet can see one wire. ahhahaha

Btw... your house looks warm and cozy..

love all the small bits you are putting together!!

Sigh, my canopy takes up the entire wall, hence a waste of storage space and nowhere to conceal the wire for my hood, unless I ask the electrician to relocate the point. But that's really troublesome. Guess gotta put up with it for now. :(

Sigh, my canopy takes up the entire wall, hence a waste of storage space and nowhere to conceal the wire for my hood, unless I ask the electrician to relocate the point. But that's really troublesome. Guess gotta put up with it for now. :(

heh nevermind lah cos once u have the other electrical appliances.. there will be lots of wire running around..

we have every point concealed.. ie no running wire in the entire house at all.. but once u plug in the fridge.. rice cooker etc... sure got wire hahahaha.. bo bian

hey, nice kitchen & toilet leh!

i especially love your toilet!

Thanks so much! :) I didn't renovate the toilet at all, it's in its original state as what HDB had provided. Just relying on some fittings and decor items to beautify it. A major overhaul for the toilet is not cheap. Maybe 5 yrs later when I have enough budget. :P

heh nevermind lah cos once u have the other electrical appliances.. there will be lots of wire running around..

we have every point concealed.. ie no running wire in the entire house at all.. but once u plug in the fridge.. rice cooker etc... sure got wire hahahaha.. bo bian

It's nice of your ID to conceal your electrical points. I don't intend to have too many electrical appliances lying around, maybe just the rice cooker and hot flask. Cos having too many appliances seen makes the kitchen look too modern, hence diminishing the country-appeal. :P I brought along my microwave oven but still thinking if I shd display it. Cos my kitchen cabinet is extremely small. After putting in the sink and hob, not much solid surface area left. If I put in my microwave, then no space for my rice cooker liao. I'm considering buying a portable table (saw some nice ones at Ikea!) to put at the corner opp my cabinets to place stuff like cutlery, cups etc.

What I REALLY wanted is a buffet hutch for my dining area (like the photo I attached below), so I can display all my treasured chinaware and store things like cutlery etc. Haven't seen anything that I like in S'pore though, either the colour doesn't match or it's too huge. Saw a hutch at Unik Furniture at IFC selling at a promo price of $200+, dark walnut colour. Quite tempted to buy it, although I would prefer a white-coloured one, as I have too many dark wooden furniture in my living room.

42015100-0021-10.jpg

Edited by countrylover

Hey Banzai

Love your canopy too, simple and nice! But I think the white part for yours is made of plaster right? Cos can tell that the texture is very different from wood. I think just having the photo frame is good enough. Putting in too many elements make it look cluttered, hence taking people's attention away from the beautiful canopy. Think our intention is to bring people to admire the canopy, rather than the decor items used to accent it. Just my 1 cents worth. ;)

Hi, Countrylover,

My canopy is made of wood. My ID put plaster? on the wood as a cover. It is a different type of wood as my kitchen cabinet.

It's nice of your ID to conceal your electrical points. I don't intend to have too many electrical appliances lying around, maybe just the rice cooker and hot flask. Cos having too many appliances seen makes the kitchen look too modern, hence diminishing the country-appeal. :P I brought along my microwave oven but still thinking if I shd display it. Cos my kitchen cabinet is extremely small. After putting in the sink and hob, not much solid surface area left. If I put in my microwave, then no space for my rice cooker liao. I'm considering buying a portable table (saw some nice ones at Ikea!) to put at the corner opp my cabinets to place stuff like cutlery, cups etc.

What I REALLY wanted is a buffet hutch for my dining area (like the photo I attached below), so I can display all my treasured chinaware and store things like cutlery etc. Haven't seen anything that I like in S'pore though, either the colour doesn't match or it's too huge. Saw a hutch at Unik Furniture at IFC selling at a promo price of $200+, dark walnut colour. Quite tempted to buy it, although I would prefer a white-coloured one, as I have too many dark wooden furniture in my living room.

42015100-0021-10.jpg

Hi Countrylover,

http://roomyroom.com/html/royal_french_furniture.html

Maybe you can find something from there?

I personally have not been there so I cannot tell you whether the things are cheap or not. Their ad says lowest wholesale price.

Cheers

Hi, Countrylover,

My canopy is made of wood. My ID put plaster? on the wood as a cover. It is a different type of wood as my kitchen cabinet.

Hi Countrylover,

http://roomyroom.com/html/royal_french_furniture.html

Maybe you can find something from there?

I personally have not been there so I cannot tell you whether the things are cheap or not. Their ad says lowest wholesale price.

Cheers

I went down to the country furniture wholesale a few months ago. They didn't have a lot of French country furniture, all mostly teak and rattan furniture. Probably because they are sold out already, as I heard that the company brings in new shipment every few months. But must say the prices they offer are quite reasonable compared to many country furniture shops. But one thing to note, that place is very small and stuffy. Nearly died of suffocation...hehe...

Hi Country Lover

I saw something similar at Roomyroom before. I think for sales for about $1.5k?

Can't remember..

When did u go down? I went down about a month ago and most of the white stuff were gone.

I bought a chest of drawer from them back in May.

Delivery is prompt. Price wise i don't think is the cheapest.

but you can't really find many white country furnitures in Singapore... so no choice i guess. heh.

Hi Country Lover

I saw something similar at Roomyroom before. I think for sales for about $1.5k?

Can't remember..

When did u go down? I went down about a month ago and most of the white stuff were gone.

I bought a chest of drawer from them back in May.

Delivery is prompt. Price wise i don't think is the cheapest.

but you can't really find many white country furnitures in Singapore... so no choice i guess. heh.

Think I went down sometime in June. Most of the white furniture were gone too, left only a few pieces. How much did u pay for the chest of drawers? I'm also planning to buy 2 sets for my bedrooms. Saw 1 at Ikea which costs $300+. For white furniture, perhaps can try country furniture at IFC too, u can choose from a few wood colours. The shop custom make furniture, so u can request to have a bigger or smaller size to fit your home.

Sometime last year, I saw a white buffet hutch at Ikea, think selling about $700+. But think sold out liao, cos I can't find it anymore. :( I also saw one for sale at $1.5k at Forest Woodworking a few mths back, but it's kind of too huge, not suitable for my home.

Think I went down sometime in June. Most of the white furniture were gone too, left only a few pieces. How much did u pay for the chest of drawers? I'm also planning to buy 2 sets for my bedrooms. Saw 1 at Ikea which costs $300+. For white furniture, perhaps can try country furniture at IFC too, u can choose from a few wood colours. The shop custom make furniture, so u can request to have a bigger or smaller size to fit your home.

Sometime last year, I saw a white buffet hutch at Ikea, think selling about $700+. But think sold out liao, cos I can't find it anymore. :( I also saw one for sale at $1.5k at Forest Woodworking a few mths back, but it's kind of too huge, not suitable for my home.

I paid about $600 for it...

I think the new shipment is coming soon. Maybe can call them and ask.

I got a white display cabinet from Ikea as well...Ikea has a good collection of white furnitures this season! hehe

:P Hi all, Sorry for the late reply. Just came back from overseas. Thanks BunBun and piggiedearz for your compliments. :)

Your house is looking good countrylover! :good:

hey warsurfer! ur hse's veri nice! so so cozy n nice to live in. where did u get ur standing lamp and how much? i'm searching for standing lamps but all veri modern looking and not cheap either. ur custom made sign is so unique.. where did u make them?

we hv the same chair pads, ikea toilet flowery cabinet and table cloth haha. seems like in sg, country stuffs are so limited that most of us wld hv a few same items. that ikea cabinet my 2 other country friends also have :P

We got the standing lamp from a lighting shop along Balestier road. They occassionally bring in a couple of nice pieces. If I remember correctly, we bought the lamp for $170. :) As for the customised sign, we got it from a UK ebay seller. heh

Yup, choices are limited here in Sg but we'll just have to make do with them for the moment. :P I think you asked (pm-ed) me where I got my fabrics and lamps from before. heh. Anyway, do you mind sharing pics of your country home? :D

Hi Warsurfer,

Could you tell me where you bought the baskets in your blog? I have been trying to find them but could not find any suitable ones. Thanks a million.

Cheers,

Hey, the white baskets and the rattan ones are all from IKEA; and no prob at all. How's your reno coming along? Do keep us updated! :D

Edited by warsurfer