Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lasapienzals

Am I Being Cheated Regarding My False Ceiling Works?

Advice is needed please !!

I have had my false ceiling installed in my living and bedrooms.

The contractor then declared it complete but the entire false ceiling was in a mess, no repainting or white wash, so all the muddy, dirty stains, drawing lines are still visible

Is this the standard of a false ceiling? I thought it should be nicely whitewashed after completion. Help me!

Thanks

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Mine they use wall sealer to make it smooth then let the painter to paint.

If muddy, dirty and lines should be able to cover using paint.

It depends how much you paid for it. If it around $2.50 p.s.f, then most likely it only covers installation, no touch up or painting. This should have been agreed before the work starts.

My false ceiling was quoted as "to supply and install false ceiling at XXX". Painting should be done by the painters. This was how it looked when almost completed.

110sh7.jpg

Edited by TYM

TYM

Thats how my ceiling looked when they handed it back to me with all other renov properly done : had to paint the ceiling n messed everything up with paint!

Dun quite understand. You mean the painters messed up the paint job?

It depends how much you paid for it. If it around $2.50 p.s.f, then most likely it only covers installation, no touch up or painting. This should have been agreed before the work starts.

$2.50 p.s.f is everything right?

I was recently quoted $800 for a normal bedroom approx 110 sq ft in size. Even at $3 p.s.f works out to $330??

$2.50 p.s.f is everything right?

I was recently quoted $800 for a normal bedroom approx 110 sq ft in size. Even at $3 p.s.f works out to $330??

OMG... i was quoted $4000 for the living, dining, kitchen & 4 bedrooms. is it too much also? :P

Mine they use wall sealer to make it smooth then let the painter to paint.

If muddy, dirty and lines should be able to cover using paint.

Can anyone tell me who is the person suppose to use the wall sealer to make it smooth?

1) The false ceiling contractor

2) or the painter? :dunno:

Help! tia

Edited by mud3210

Hi mud3210,

Actually this is the first time I ever heard that when handover, you need to paint/conceal the in-perfect parts of the false ceiling. I think you should chase the contractor/ID to properly do up the false ceiling.

Last time when I asked the HDB to rectify part of the house which includes the hacking part of the house which conceals the pipes (something like the false ceiling), they really did a proper job of making the thing smooth and repainting the whole thing.

Cheers.

Hi mud3210,

Actually this is the first time I ever heard that when handover, you need to paint/conceal the in-perfect parts of the false ceiling. I think you should chase the contractor/ID to properly do up the false ceiling.

Last time when I asked the HDB to rectify part of the house which includes the hacking part of the house which conceals the pipes (something like the false ceiling), they really did a proper job of making the thing smooth and repainting the whole thing.

Cheers.

erm, i mean i am letting my main contractor do my false ceiling, but not paint job, im either going to paint myself or get another cheaper painting contractor (which i havnt found yet, any recommandations is much appreciated)

so i am wondering for the wall sealer and touching up of the false ceiling should be done by my

1) main contractor (the one who do my flase ceiling) or

2) the painter?

Edited by mud3210

I have had my false ceiling installed in my living and bedrooms.

The contractor then declared it complete but the entire false ceiling was in a mess, no repainting or white wash, so all the muddy, dirty stains, drawing lines are still visible

Is this the standard of a false ceiling? I thought it should be nicely whitewashed after completion. Help me!

I have checked with my contractor that if u do not engage their painter, the false ceiling installed will not be painted nor will it be white. i am engaging both his false ceiling and electrician services, but NOT painting service, so i am expecting my flase ceiling to look like a mess b4 the painting is done.

if i am not wrong, you have to get ur own painter to paint the wall-sealer thing first then 2 coats of paint.

to put things simply: false ceiling is false ceiling and paintinig is painting job, they are different services.

now i am looking for painting services, if u got any cheap and good to recommand can let me knw too :)

my cheapest painting contact is at $400 (premium 4-room flat), not painting my 2 toilets, 2 common rooms and balcony.

but got paint wall sealer and 2 coats of normal paint on wall, ceiling, door frame and exposed water pipes (4 colors)

if premium paint add another $150, but u never knw if they will mix with lousy paint lah. :dunno:

btw, can i know r u looking for ur own electrician to install the lighting on the false ceiling for u as well?

and also hw much they charge u per sq feet for the false ceiling? Thanks.

hope this helps :yamseng:

(if convenient can u post a picture for us to see ur false ceiling condition?)

Edited by mud3210

Does anyone knows why isst when ppl say false ceiling is $2 - $2.50 psf,

and my false ceiling is 5ft x 5ft but my ID doesnt charge me $2.50 x (5x5) = $62.50

(btw, my false ceiling got 8 downlights, but installation of new lightpoints ($30 each) and labour to install lighting ($8 each). Both are seperate costs on the quotation, ntohing to do with false ceiling works, i assume)

my ID charges me $490 for a 5x5 ft false ceiling, sommore not painting my false ceiling for me!! WHY why why!!!! T_T :(