Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lizzygrace

Wallpaper Can Block Out Noises?

Hi

I have very noisy neighbours upstairs who wake up at 5+ or 6am every morning (365 days), I don't what they do anyway, the point really is, should I use Ceiling Wallpaper to blockout the sound or what should I do to block out the sound economically? I'm almost going crazy with the late nights and waking up so early. I need some help here. What are the alternatives here?

I've not visited any interior designers or whatsoever. I hope to get some advises from you guys before i proceed.

I've heard of 'soundproofing' but i'm sure it's expensive, like a few thousands for 1 bedroom ceiling.

Thank you all for your kind help and replies....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Lizzy...

I don't think wallpaper can really block the noise out...it is actually quite thin...

Professional soundproofing will probably work better... :dancingqueen:

Even if you put wallpaper on ceiling will also cost you at least one thousand over, depends on what design.

And yeah agreed with above, wallpaper does not reduce the noise at all. Think you are better off to endure for now, save up abit and put up soundproof later when got enough budget. Dun waste the money on wallpaper for this...

I've done ''soundproof'' to my ceiling, the noises got worse. There's no soundproofing effect at all. The contractor uses thick 'rock wool' to stuff inside the false ceiling but it didnt work a bit, i could near the noises even clearer now? Why's that? I spent $1500 for nothing :yamseng:

Edited by lizzygrace

in this case, the best sound proof is visit your upstair neighbour and let them know your situation politely. if fail, approach help from town council / rc. get a 3rd party to talk to them and let them know you are working late and need gd rest till late in the day.

i have acciedentally soundproofed my room:

my house is right beside main road where there are lots of heavy vehicles, trucks, buses.. traveling towards psa/vivo city. my bedroom was noisy, even now when door opened.

however, i had 1 of my wall wall-papered (3m), 1 of my wall, actually wardrobe with 3m of curtain, window curtain, and i have systemind 30cm high storage platform. guess what... my room is totally soundproofed now, i believe its one of these that helps... i guess the platform.

but then, noise from noisy motobike at the carpark, can still hear about 30-40% after i closed window. but i guess the curtain, wall paper & platform truly help in soundproofing, which one best, not very sure.