Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Junkay

Suddenly Thinking So Much At 30

i'm rotting in my current job to get my bread

I think majority of us are in the same situation as you, we work for the $$ to pay for the bread :(

Edited by yokine9a

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I am on the verge of completing my degree/qualifications and switched job recently, from the public sector to the corporate sector. I was in a somewhat similar situation, because my degree doesn't guarantee me anything in my previous job. Morever, it is totally irrelevant, which is why i took the decision to leave.

1 month into my new job, i have already discovered how different and how tough the working environment is. And now, i am like so many other here, stuck in a job, just working because of the bread.

I am on the verge of completing my degree/qualifications and switched job recently, from the public sector to the corporate sector. I was in a somewhat similar situation, because my degree doesn't guarantee me anything in my previous job. Morever, it is totally irrelevant, which is why i took the decision to leave.

1 month into my new job, i have already discovered how different and how tough the working environment is. And now, i am like so many other here, stuck in a job, just working because of the bread.

Yeap, pte sector is tough but the rewards can be alot too, provided u joined a reputable company.

For all those that remember my case, I have decided to get the degree in psychology and see if my boss will recognise my contribution and promote me. If not, just get yearly pay increments and pray for big bonus.

Good luck to all y'all

Anyways just out of curiousity, anyone heard of work at home schemes? I have a thread going on, please feel free to contribute. THANKS!!

I'm in the same situation as you, now in a new environment and its tough.

therefore like what you have describe just working because of the bread. :(

IMO, just do what u wish to do.. i believe if one is willing to work.. bread will be always there and enuff..

more suggestions or ideas given by others will make u more indecisive...

i m oso currently doing a part time degree and work in ah gong sector(but i don like my job la.. haha).. but i will not regret if i m to leave after i got my degree.. cos i believe that every moves that we made that are pros and cons...

Life is short.. do wat u want!! :)

Just turned 29, feel like resigning and have a total change in job industry.. from office to Retail Sales

holding back because of all the commitment now...

Wonder is it a good move to change career now at 29 yrs old, if not its too late to even change isnt it?

think a change of environment might help to boost up my motivation now.

Edited by charemme

I saw alot of reflection of myself from many forumers.... ;)

Resigned from my Ah Gong Job (from junior post to senior post for less than 1 yr) when I was 30...

Came out to do my own business and always looking out for opportunities...

Now happily spending quality time with my wife & our 2 young children ;)

So the life is yours!!!

My buddy...

Resigned from Ah Gong Job also...when he was 26, went into private sector... "Mainly Sales..."

got his 1st car, Lancer at 28... just changed to BMW (within 2 years) when he turned 30 this year.... with the arrival of his 1st child too ;)

So... Whatever it is.... don't think so much & regret...

Life is short... Do what you want to do and feel like doing...

Know what you want and follow your goals... then you will not feel afraid or fearful of anything...

Then again... always... seek great understanding and give assurance to your partner.... He / She is your greatest pillar of support... Always remember this...

my 2 cents worth...

So... Whatever it is.... don't think so much & regret...

Life is short... Do what you want to do and feel like doing...

Yup, if you can afford to....go for what you really like to do, rather than doing something just for the money.

I'll graduate in August this year, in my line I don't really need a degree...but I took the course because I wanted to learn more...

Time flies, I'm 46.

This business world is realistic: One to one exchange. No short cut.

-High pay comes with high responsibilties. Responsibilities accelerate/burn your youth.

-Responsibilities require practical experience. Experience takes time.

-Do right thing in first attemp, not do thing right.

-Only after the storm can tell your worth

- Respect needs "to be earned" throughout the process. Not the Hon, MBA, or Phd

- Respect help get things done more effectively and effects last long and gain friendship.

Edited by bepgof

30 years old is time to think of the future and try new things to get new results before we are 40 :)

Life is always full of diffculties and problems. Take a step at a time and never say die or give up.

Life is always full of diffculties and problems. Take a step at a time and never say die or give up.

Ya, a step at a time and you wount fall down and hurt yourself badly

Time flies, I'm 46.

This business world is realistic: One to one exchange. No short cut.

-High pay comes with high responsibilties. Responsibilities accelerate/burn your youth.

-Responsibilities require practical experience. Experience takes time.

-Do right thing in first attemp, not do thing right.

-Only after the storm can tell your worth

- Respect needs "to be earned" throughout the process. Not the Hon, MBA, or Phd

- Respect help get things done more effectively and effects last long and gain friendship.

heyy bepgof, thanks for summarising your valuable life experience into concise bullet points for us to disgest. really appreciate your insight especially the part on "Responsibilities require practical experience. Experience takes time"

i think this is a good pointer to youngsters like us who are guilty of taking shortcuts in life by job hopping... i get your message and will remember it. thanks!

someone once told me this:

"If there was a particular house you wanted, or a particular job you wanted, and you didnt get it, the Universal is telling you that it was not good enough and did not match your dream. It is also telling you that it has something BETTER and more worthy of you.

Something better is coming... you are allowed to be excited!"

Edited by steelze