Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
calicojane

Driveway Automatic Gate---price Range

Luckily, I read this thread. My contractor quoted me $5k for the Auto gate (wrought iron Chengai wood). This is EX!!!. Better get my own. For those who have already installed their auto gate, pls share your feedback.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Luckily, I read this thread. My contractor quoted me $5k for the Auto gate (wrought iron Chengai wood). This is EX!!!. Better get my own. For those who have already installed their auto gate, pls share your feedback.

Below my quote from Piang Giap last week. I chose to have wrough iron fencing throughout my driveway. The quote is also for 'simple' design only.

To Supply and Install:

1 Set Sliding Wrought Iron Fencing Gate: $2,188.00

Vertically Build (Simple design)

Hot Dip Galvanised and Powder Coat Finishing

1 Set Auto System: $1,588.00

1 Set Fencing Railing Vertically Build: $1,388.00

Vertically Build (Simple design)

Hot Dip Galvanised and Powder Coat Finishing

Total price: $5,164.00

Any comments?

Is installing wood on wrong iron really good? I saw the laquar fading off for some of these wooden gates and I think some owners paint over the wood once every two years.

Awesome post! We just bought an inter-terrace with a very retro looking swing gate. Was thinking of changing it to chengai + iron bi-fold version with electrical auto-gate...

now, lets say hat i want my side wall to have chengai to match the gate. Question is that do i get the contractor to do it, or the gate people (since i want them to match)?

Awesome post! We just bought an inter-terrace with a very retro looking swing gate. Was thinking of changing it to chengai + iron bi-fold version with electrical auto-gate...

now, lets say hat i want my side wall to have chengai to match the gate. Question is that do i get the contractor to do it, or the gate people (since i want them to match)?

probably get contractor to do is better, as gate people only pro at their gate stuff i believe..im oso currently goin tru some reno works fo my house. my contractor suggested balau wood instead of chenghai, more cost effective and was advised that balau is more for fencing use, else chenghai is more of floor decking.

Pm me if you want to me to share my reno contact.

I went with my id who quoted me $4+k as well. I thought it's reasonable because he fabricated the metal gate to my design. In the end I had to add $500 for a sensor to auto close the gate. It's a hassle to use the remote each time I drive out.

I went with my id who quoted me $4+k as well. I thought it's reasonable because he fabricated the metal gate to my design. In the end I had to add $500 for a sensor to auto close the gate. It's a hassle to use the remote each time I drive out.

That's wonderful. Just concern that if the sensor fails and the autogate closes on you before you could drive off completely, it can be quite disasterous.

Well you get a small dent. I know because a friend parked in front of our property w the gates opened. But the sensor was not blocked so it closed on her car. Really it was the best $500 I spent. My auto gate receiver was in the garden so it's hard to remotely activate the gate to close from the car outside the house.

Well you get a small dent. I know because a friend parked in front of our property w the gates opened. But the sensor was not blocked so it closed on her car. Really it was the best $500 I spent. My auto gate receiver was in the garden so it's hard to remotely activate the gate to close from the car outside the house.

I thought you would have a remote control. I think door closing outwards is not approved by the authorities. For TOP purposes, doors have to close inwards. Anyway, after TOP, many owners reverse the closing of the gates towards outside. Danger is for homeowners to damage someone's car and the person make a complain to URA and BCA. You may want to consider a sliding gate in future.

Closing outwards? I don't understand. My gates swing outwards to open, why would it be disallowed?

I think there are two reasons. First, by swinging outwards, you may hit and damage a car that is directly outside your gate or someone who is standing outside your gate (in a public place) may get knocked by your gate opening outwards towards him/her. Second reason that I thought of was to restrict homeowners from building only within your land perimeter.

I was informed by the architect that the rule prohibits swing gates from opening outwards, unless after opening outwards, the gate is still within the perimeter of your house. Like I said earlier, after TOP, nobody bothers unless there is a complain against you.

Hmm first time I heard of this. I estimate that 90% of the swing gates swing outwards, including new projects by proper developers. I didnt want a sliding gate because I worry for the safety of my kids while playing in the garden.

Hmm first time I heard of this. I estimate that 90% of the swing gates swing outwards, including new projects by proper developers. I didnt want a sliding gate because I worry for the safety of my kids while playing in the garden.

You can always construct your perimeter wall inwards towards your house so that you can place the sliding gate tracks on the outside. In this way, it will be safer for your kids. In addition, sliding door gate can open completely and this allows easier access in and out of the house for your vehicle. If you are concern that the kids may stick their hands out while the gate is sliding, you can always install glass gate or wooden gate that covers all.

Something for you to think about when considering the pros and cons.

Cheers!

Edited by leechaorui

anyone here using Ranger or the brand FAAC? any idean how much just to buy the motor>? Thanks

Edited by wuga98