Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wmayeo

How To Save Water?

I heard of one way is to install a flow regulator to the tap, to reduce the flowrate. Has anyone done it before?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

There was this water saving button given by SP Services some time back than helps to reduce the flowrate, very easy to install. Should be easily available.

for my family, we save the water from the washing machine to flush the toilet bowl after we use it. The 1st and 2nd drain is very soapy and most dirty, so not suitable lah. We will keep the last drain, hence toilet always have pails and pails of water...either wash the toilet floor or flush toilet bowl after we use.

also, if there is only one cup or one spoon in the kitchen basin, try not to wash it 1st. wait till there are more. It would save water and soap to wash all at the same time. This does not apply to oily crockery.

just to share.

The water saving button does work in some way...hee...

Another thing I note is if you are washing clothes by washing machine...try to get a full load to wash at one time instead of everyday wash a few pieces...can save quite a bit...

!!

I got this referenced from somewhere else I cannot remember but for sharing:-

1. Using a tumbler of water for rinsing your mouth, instead of leaving the tap running while you brush your teeth.

2. Don't leave the tap running while you shave. Turn it on only when you need to rinse your razor.

3. When using a washing machine, launder only when you have a full load.

4. When washing clothes by hand, reuse the rinse water to mop the floor.

5. Take short showers and turn off the shower while soaping.

6. Use a pail of water to wash your car or floors rather than a running hose.

7. Outdoor potted plants need to be watered only once or twice a week. Indoor potted plants need to be watered every three to four days to be sure, test the soil by feeling it at about a centimetre from the surface and water only when it feels dry.

8. Rinse vegetables and fruit in a bowl or a sink of water instead of under a running tap.

9. When washing dishes by hand, rinse them out in a sink of water rather than a running tap.

10. Only use an automatic dishwater when there is a full load. Otherwise, it is much faster and cheaper to wash by hand.

LOW CAPACITY FLUSHING CISTERNS use between 3.5 and 4.5 litres of water per flush compared to the Dual Flush Cisterns which use between 4.5 and 9 litres of water per flush.

THIMBLES concentrate water flow to give a stronger stream from your taps without your having to turn the tap on wider.

CONSTANT FLOW REGULATORS keeps the water flow at a constant rate of 8 to 12 litres per minute.

SPRING-LOADED NOZZLES for hoses cut off water flow whenever the hose is not in use.

ALERT! CHECK FOR WATER LEAKAGE FROM PIPES

Make sure all water outlets (taps and faucets) are turned off inside the house from the door up to the water meter. After 15 minutes, observe your water meter - if the reading dials show movement, you may have a leak that needs repairing. Engage a licensed plumber to rectify the fault immediately.

anyone knows where to get the water saving button?

15. Where can I get the water saving devices?

You can call PUB at Tel : 67313275 or 67313273, Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm).

You can also reach our multi-contact centre, PUB-One through:

24-hour toll free hotline at 1800-2846600

email at PUBone@singnet.com.sg

SMS at 90343430 in the format:

Name:

Contact Number:

Address:

No of Thimbles required:

I have using those thimbles in my house now... But don't really find them helpful to me cos I am not those kind of people who will turn on the tap to the max every time... I always turn it using a little bit of force, depend how much water I need... Without the thimbles, I can get a cup of water within 15 secs... After putting the thimbles, I need to wait for at least 30 secs to fill up the same cup... When I am in a hurry for work, really feel like throwing those thimbles away :curse:

I think these thimbles are more suitable for people like my bf, who never fail, turn on the tap to the max when he needs water :bleah: