Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LadyLuck

Does Bride Need To Wait & Receiving Guests At Lobby? If Need Wat Time Mus Be There?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

lobby? it isnt at the lobby. its at the ballroom entrance. hehe. :dunno:

the answer to your question is NO! the bride doesnt have to come down so early. the bridegroom will come down first with the bride's parents and the bridegroom's parents to receive the guests. :dunno:

on our AD, we checked in the bridal suite in the afternoon about 2pm. at about 5pm, our wedding concierge (we had a wedding concierge assigned to us) told my hb (only my hb had to go down and i didnt have to) to go down to the ballroom for rehearsal. by 7pm my hb, my FIL and my mum went down to the ballroom to receive the guests. i stayed in the bridal suite to finish doing my makeup and waited for our wedding concierge to inform me to go down. i went down to the ballroom at about 8.30pm. !!

you dont have to worry la bcos your wedding coordinator will tell you what to do on your AD. :(

we had cocktail reception which started at 7.15pm. i think some of our guests already reached the ballroom at about 6 plus liao lor. :furious:

BUT, when the dinner ended then the bride, bridegroom and the parents/family members must stand outside the ballroom to send all the guests off. shake hands and thanks the guests for attending. :dunno:

lobby? it isnt at the lobby. its at the ballroom entrance. hehe. :)

the answer to your question is NO! the bride doesnt have to come down so early. the bridegroom will come down first with the bride's parents and the bridegroom's parents to receive the guests. :)

on our AD, we checked in the bridal suite in the afternoon about 2pm. at about 5pm, our wedding concierge (we had a wedding concierge assigned to us) told my hb (only my hb had to go down and i didnt have to) to go down to the ballroom for rehearsal. by 7pm my hb, my FIL and my mum went down to the ballroom to receive the guests. i stayed in the bridal suite to finish doing my makeup and waited for our wedding concierge to inform me to go down. i went down to the ballroom at about 8.30pm. :dancingqueen:

you dont have to worry la bcos your wedding coordinator will tell you what to do on your AD. :)

we had cocktail reception which started at 7.15pm. i think some of our guests already reached the ballroom at about 6 plus liao lor. :notti:

BUT, when the dinner ended then the bride, bridegroom and the parents/family members must stand outside the ballroom to send all the guests off. shake hands and thanks the guests for attending. :thumbs up:

in that case can i start make up & get dress at 730pm ? cuz i have a prayer at 715pm which require me to wash my face lor.

it's your big day u decide it! there is't any hard n fast rule dieX2 muz to follow one :)

:D no lar, i just wish to ensure not to be rude :P

answer is yes or no :thumbs up: up to individual

i will prefer my wife to be in the room first..then come down at abt 830pm to march in. this will create a wow effect..cos most of the guest are waiting to see the beautiful bride :dancingqueen:

in that case can i start make up & get dress at 730pm ? cuz i have a prayer at 715pm which require me to wash my face lor.

if you start to makeup and get dress by 7.30pm then it will be late liao lor. my MUA came at about 6pm to start doing makeup and hairdo for me. after my MUA had finished doing mine and then she started to do my mum's. :thumbs up:

it's good to do everything as early as possible so that you dont feel rush. :D

i will prefer my wife to be in the room first..then come down at abt 830pm to march in. this will create a wow effect..cos most of the guest are waiting to see the beautiful bride :)

that is one of the reasons why usually the bride comes down at about 8.30pm lor bcos most of the guests are waiting just to see the bride! :notti::dancingqueen:

once i came down at 8.30pm and all our guests were sitted inside the ballroom liao. they were watching our photos montage. :) my hb and i were standby outside the ballroom entrance waiting to march in. :P

aiyah everyone waits for the bride..not the other way round. then after the dinner then u can stand and see them off

or ang moh style, the bride and groom leave first..

you can take your wudhu before the make up starts, thats what i did for my wedding last time. as long as everybody who helps you with the make up etc are women. but must tahan lah. :bow: dont wait after everything done, you 'high tide'...

hi ladyluck..

its really up to you lor...for us hubby was there since the start of the reception about 7pm...i was in the bridal suite having my makeup...i went down about 10 minutes before the they close the doors for 1st march-in to just take a look...hee...i din't go into the ballroom though...stayed outside and said hi to those who just arrived... zz

No hard and fast rules la! Up to you whether you want to mingle with your guests...some brides do show up only during 1st march-in because they want the "wow" effect when walking in...hehee..

:bow:

hi ladyluck..

its really up to you lor...for us hubby was there since the start of the reception about 7pm...i was in the bridal suite having my makeup...i went down about 10 minutes before the they close the doors for 1st march-in to just take a look...hee...i din't go into the ballroom though...stayed outside and said hi to those who just arrived... :)

No hard and fast rules la! Up to you whether you want to mingle with your guests...some brides do show up only during 1st march-in because they want the "wow" effect when walking in...hehee..

:dancingqueen:

(highlighted in red) that's what most brides want! :notti: !!

aiyah everyone waits for the bride..not the other way round. then after the dinner then u can stand and see them off

or ang moh style, the bride and groom leave first..

you can take your wudhu before the make up starts, thats what i did for my wedding last time. as long as everybody who helps you with the make up etc are women. but must tahan lah. :notti: dont wait after everything done, you 'high tide'...

tat wat i worried lor.. i cant tahan kind one !!

hi ladyluck..

its really up to you lor...for us hubby was there since the start of the reception about 7pm...i was in the bridal suite having my makeup...i went down about 10 minutes before the they close the doors for 1st march-in to just take a look...hee...i din't go into the ballroom though...stayed outside and said hi to those who just arrived... :good:

:dancingqueen:

hehee.. i guess they will WOW & disappointed with me ba :).. wun wan them to have high hope to see me :P

i guess i can go down at 830pm yeah.. i jus concern about my prayer at 730pm lor.

For my wedding, my wife actually wore her ROM dress while I wore a casual shirt/jacket (without tie) to receive the guests at the foyer. Later when its about time for march-in, we both went up to change into our wedding gown and suit respectively.

Think this kill two birds with one stone where we can mingle with the guests yet have the 'wow' effects during 1st march-in. But try this only if you can rely on ur xiongdis and jiemeis to handle the situation when you both are not around...

hehee.. i guess they will WOW & disappointed with me ba :~.. wun wan them to have high hope to see me :(

i guess i can go down at 830pm yeah.. i jus concern about my prayer at 730pm lor.

LL, dont said that la. i'm sure your guests will really have the wow effect (the beautiful wow) from you. :jawdrop:

on our AD, my sister and brother in law were stationed at the reception to allocate (i had already done the seat allocation before hand and passed to my sister and brother in law) the seat to our guests. then, my another sister and brother in law ushered our guests to their seats. individual does their part then everything will go very smoothly. :~

however, our wedding concierge is the greatest helper for us! :~ wedding concierge and wedding coordinator are different here. wedding concierge (another additional person to assist us - the hotel assigned to us) is the person who will be our so called "right hand man" from the minute we checked into the hotel. :(

it's up to individual ba...

during my AD, i did went down to the ballroom foyer to receive my guests coz i happened to have an extra EG to change . i went down ard 7.40pm.. but everyone seems quite punctual leh. most of them inside the ballroom although still haf some guest who came late n some still having the cocktail.

i did my make-up ard 6.30pm and i got my MUA to do a different hairdo during cocktail reception, 1st march-in & 2nd march-in.