Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sxin

Haunted By Loansharks At Ang Mo Kio (resale Flat)

I almost bought a unit at Potong Pasir splash paint one. Wonder why police dun do anything?
What do YOU want or expect the MAN IN BLUE to do, why don't you tell us?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

actually, when we bog my current hse....we also look out for any paint spray / splash clues,......and also check the letter box whether got any *writings* on it....hahaha :D

then, all cleared and we decided to buy.

and after we took over the hse,...we left it vacant and did not do any reno for the past 3 mths,.........*to monitor the situations*....hahaha :D

nothing happened,....SAFE! so, we started our reno lor....hahaha :D :D :D

LS can strike at your house not becos your previous house owner borrowed and defaulted. It could be your neighbours next door or upstairs. Nowadays i heard LS will disturb neighbouring units to create embarrasment and inconvenience. Wats the point of splashing paints at the defaulter' house when the person already default and could not care less.

What do YOU want or expect the MAN IN BLUE to do, why don't you tell us?

Like launch an operation to nab these loan sharks? Esp if police report had been made?

Are you police yourself? So means police cannot do anything ah?

Like launch an operation to nab these loan sharks? Esp if police report had been made?

Are you police yourself? So means police cannot do anything ah?

You might want to read what I posted above:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?s=...st&p=274171

Like I said, LS issues are basically private matters with the debtor. You became involved when you bought the unit from the debtor. If you are aware, so many people's houses are being terrorised by LS everyday, but few got hurt. Moreover, most of the time the victims do not know who did it and have no suspects in mind.

So look at it from this POV: Its a private matter, nobody saw who did it (ie no suspect), splashing of paint is afterall a case of mischief, or a minor offence punishable only by a fine or short jail term, plus it is happening everyday, everywhere. Do you really think its plausible for the police to take their men off the streets, stand-down guard-duty for those sensitive locations, cut down other investigations, etc and assign the manpower to "launch operation" for such LS ambush??

IMO I would rather wack the police for letting Mas Selamat escape, and I would be more than happy if they take manpower off such minor cases to buck-up in their more sensitive duties...

You might want to read what I posted above:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?s=...st&p=274171

Like I said, LS issues are basically private matters with the debtor. You became involved when you bought the unit from the debtor. If you are aware, so many people's houses are being terrorised by LS everyday, but few got hurt. Moreover, most of the time the victims do not know who did it and have no suspects in mind.

So look at it from this POV: Its a private matter, nobody saw who did it (ie no suspect), splashing of paint is afterall a case of mischief, or a minor offence punishable only by a fine or short jail term, plus it is happening everyday, everywhere. Do you really think its plausible for the police to take their men off the streets, stand-down guard-duty for those sensitive locations, cut down other investigations, etc and assign the manpower to "launch operation" for such LS ambush??

IMO I would rather wack the police for letting Mas Selamat escape, and I would be more than happy if they take manpower off such minor cases to buck-up in their more sensitive duties...

What if it's your house? Suggest to us what you will do since no police will be involved for your case.

Fed up! I'm back now. My house just kanna splashed on end of Aug (after midnight) and end of Sep 2008 (in the afternoon). I thought my house is cleared already since there was no sign of Loanshark activity for the past 6 months.

Reported to the police, nothing much being done. They just took my report and took photos. And said the CID will investigate. But the officers gave me different responses whether I should contact the number on the wall? One said it's up to me, One said don't call, One said call if you have the ex-owner address. There was even shocking comment from one of the officer at the police station. That time, I went to police station to get hardcopy of my report and get statement from the police to state that the ex-owner no longer live in my current address. Suddenly he said, "What for? You are making things worse, the loanshark will get angrier. These kind of runner not affraid of police.". I was stunned don't know how to answer, I told the officer just give me the hardcopy. He said "You are not supposed to anyhow paste the police report you know?!". I was getting more confused. One of the officer kind enough to type and print the report. But still he said this will not help.

After I left the police station, then I realized if the runner not affraid to police then what should I turn to? Just wait for another splashing?

On the second splashing, I asked the officer should I call the LS? He said you can call only if you have the ex-owner new address. I told him I don't have, don't the police has his address? Since I gave the IC number and his active HP number. The officer said yes they know the address, but they couldn't give to other people. I was asking at least why don't the police call the LS / runner saying the ex-owner no longer live in my place. Well, the officer said that can't do that.

He said the CID will look into it and I should consider get a CCTV.

Oh well, I hope the CCTV works well. Otherwise, don't who I should look for?

Newspaper? Town Council? PMO?

The reason I don't want to call the number on the wall because I don't want to be implicated more.

Sad to see that you are back again. I thought your problem has been solved.

Have you ever tried talking to your MP for help? Sometimes, your MP can help to get things move. Especially you are living in AMK, go & knock on PM's door.

I find the policemen here not really helpful & approachable. Their salary is drawn from our tax payment & they are our civil servant leh.

I can tell you whatever all of you have stated IT'S USELESS!

Call police, call MP, put CCTV, paste ex-owner address ..

The stupid and blind loanshark still come back!

Who can help to solve such society problem?

Edited by neanea

That time, I went to police station to get hardcopy of my report and get statement from the police to state that the ex-owner no longer live in my current address. Suddenly he said, "What for? You are making things worse, the loanshark will get angrier. These kind of runner not affraid of police.". I was stunned don't know how to answer, I told the officer just give me the hardcopy. He said "You are not supposed to anyhow paste the police report you know?!". I was getting more confused. One of the officer kind enough to type and print the report. But still he said this will not help.

You probably caught the officer at the last hour of his shift, cursing and swearing at this extra paperwork that made him stayed back late or something. Don't care lor, just take your report and go.

After I left the police station, then I realized if the runner not affraid to police then what should I turn to? Just wait for another splashing?

I am going to be very candid with you; since you are not willing to do anything, then of course you can only wait for another splashing, then make another police report, then the next splashing again, and the next, and the next...what else??

On the second splashing, I asked the officer should I call the LS? He said you can call only if you have the ex-owner new address. I told him I don't have, don't the police has his address? Since I gave the IC number and his active HP number. The officer said yes they know the address, but they couldn't give to other people. I was asking at least why don't the police call the LS / runner saying the ex-owner no longer live in my place. Well, the officer said that can't do that.

He said the CID will look into it and I should consider get a CCTV.

Oh well, I hope the CCTV works well. Otherwise, don't who I should look for?

Newspaper? Town Council? PMO?

The reason I don't want to call the number on the wall because I don't want to be implicated more.

Would you want the police to give away YOUR address to someone else?

Now, again I need to be very candid here, how would you feel if the police called you up, telling you, "Hello, this police ah. Your friend don't stay at this address liao hor. You don't go disturb the people there ah. We don't have evidence that you disturb lah, we don't know if its really you who disturb lah, anyway we cannot charge you in court and we cannot order you to do anything, but just telling you your friend don't stay there anymore and you don't go disturb lor." Funny? I don't think so, my friend. But correct me if I am wrong, you are expecting the police to tell the LS this??

There are ALOT of things that YOU can do for your own personal problem; I am really surprised that with all the information you had gotten and all suggestions here, the matter had came to this stage and not ended yet.

Like abovementioned, someone already suggested that you can tell ICA about the unauthorised person/s who still have your address on the NRIC. And since it is an offence not to change address, ICA will have to go after the person.

Second, you HAVE the ability to find out what is the ex-owner's new address, but you do not want to do it because you do not want to be 'implicated'. But wait a minute, you are ALREADY implicated now, isn't it? So what are we talking about here? Collaboration? Abetment to 'crime'?? All you are doing is to refer seekers who are looking for the ex-owner to the right address! That is NOT an abetment to crime!

But finding the MP, writing to the media, etc would probably let you raise a racket for awhile, make the police sit up for awhile, but that is still not going to solve your own personal problem. LS have alot of runners, even with CCTV and one get caught, they send another one after you, and probably even worse because this new one angry that you made his 'brother' go to jail.

I cannot emphasise this more: This is a personal problem, not a society problem; you need to solve it yourself. Hope you understand, sorry for my bluntness and I wish you luck... :yamseng:

I find the policemen here not really helpful & approachable. Their salary is drawn from our tax payment & they are our civil servant leh.

Have you ever calculated how much of the tax you pay goes into the salary of the policeman? If you can have the police to come solve your personal problem, then isn't those rich men who pay tens of thousands dollars tax can get a platoon of policemen to guard their house for free?

Wahh then lydat all the bodyguards, cisco and security companies no job liao lor...? :notti::P

Hi,

Sad and sorry to see the state you are going thr now.

Dont want to comment abt what you have alrdy tried... jus want to suggest possible solution.

I have a church friend, (not very close, but knows of the ministry works he does in the area of red light district, ex-prisoners, ah long, etc) I know he able to 'sit down' and 'neg' with ah longs etc.

Maybe he might be able to help...

This is jus a suggestion, he may not agree/ or do not have the ability to help.

If you are keen.... then I can check with him or see if he can come up with better solution.

NOTE :- Usually, (hear this fr ah beng friend), ah long tag it to address, and debt sometime are being pass-on from 1 ah long to another ah long.... meaning, they 'sell' the debt to another ah long who is interest to collect back the money... and let another ah long try to collect back the 'bad debt'. Thus... this might go on and on and on..... and end up, diff ah long will keep coming back to the same address. fyi, I dont have prove.

I can tell you whatever all of you have stated IT'S USELESS!

Call police, call MP, put CCTV, paste ex-owner address ..

The stupid and blind loanshark still come back!

Who can help to solve such society problem?

You probably caught the officer at the last hour of his shift, cursing and swearing at this extra paperwork that made him stayed back late or something. Don't care lor, just take your report and go.

I am going to be very candid with you; since you are not willing to do anything, then of course you can only wait for another splashing, then make another police report, then the next splashing again, and the next, and the next...what else??

Would you want the police to give away YOUR address to someone else?

Now, again I need to be very candid here, how would you feel if the police called you up, telling you, "Hello, this police ah. Your friend don't stay at this address liao hor. You don't go disturb the people there ah. We don't have evidence that you disturb lah, we don't know if its really you who disturb lah, anyway we cannot charge you in court and we cannot order you to do anything, but just telling you your friend don't stay there anymore and you don't go disturb lor." Funny? I don't think so, my friend. But correct me if I am wrong, you are expecting the police to tell the LS this??

There are ALOT of things that YOU can do for your own personal problem; I am really surprised that with all the information you had gotten and all suggestions here, the matter had came to this stage and not ended yet.

Like abovementioned, someone already suggested that you can tell ICA about the unauthorised person/s who still have your address on the NRIC. And since it is an offence not to change address, ICA will have to go after the person.

Second, you HAVE the ability to find out what is the ex-owner's new address, but you do not want to do it because you do not want to be 'implicated'. But wait a minute, you are ALREADY implicated now, isn't it? So what are we talking about here? Collaboration? Abetment to 'crime'?? All you are doing is to refer seekers who are looking for the ex-owner to the right address! That is NOT an abetment to crime!

But finding the MP, writing to the media, etc would probably let you raise a racket for awhile, make the police sit up for awhile, but that is still not going to solve your own personal problem. LS have alot of runners, even with CCTV and one get caught, they send another one after you, and probably even worse because this new one angry that you made his 'brother' go to jail.

I cannot emphasise this more: This is a personal problem, not a society problem; you need to solve it yourself. Hope you understand, sorry for my bluntness and I wish you luck... :yamseng:

Have you ever calculated how much of the tax you pay goes into the salary of the policeman? If you can have the police to come solve your personal problem, then isn't those rich men who pay tens of thousands dollars tax can get a platoon of policemen to guard their house for free?

Wahh then lydat all the bodyguards, cisco and security companies no job liao lor...? :notti::P

Applause your speech, I mean writings..

mmMmm

My colleague last time she buy the house.. stay for a year then got LS come.. cos apparently the ex-owner never change address on IC and go borrow money using her address. Very cruel ah this kind of people.

I remember when I was hunting for flats.. we saw so many LS-harrassed flats. There were a couple of units that we REALLY LOVED but had LS problems. We joked about splashing paint on our own doors and putting bicycle chains on our doors every day plus put glue in our own locks...

... This is really a problem no one wants to have. haiz.