Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ahjane

Updates On Light Shop

any1 been to *** at balestier road? Think besides a few shop like curtain, etc also same boss... dont know their price ok anot. But their service like not bad...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Do try the shop at upper serangoon road...i got a total of 10 lights from them for the whole house for only $437...very good steal..the lady is very kind to explain n suggest to me too...else when u see so many lights u will be so lost too!

Do try the shop at upper serangoon road...i got a total of 10 lights from them for the whole house for only $437...very good steal..the lady is very kind to explain n suggest to me too...else when u see so many lights u will be so lost too!

Hi, don't mind can PM me. Thanks alot.

Just to share. Here is what I have just bought:

1) 14 x PLC 5" x 5" Downlights with 2x 13W Philip light tube - S$25 each (I choose the design I likt) so total = S$350

2) 01 x Completely closed up Rectangle Kitchen Light with SS lining - Come with 2 x 36cm light tube = S$90

3) 03 x Stainless Steel round casing light with 2x 13W Philip light tube - S$40 each (Two for bathrooms, One for service yard) = S$120

4) 01 x Normal 22W light with round matt casing- S$18 (For Storeroom)

5) 01 x Stainless Steel round casing light with 1x 13W Philip light tube - S$25 (Smaller version of item 3)

So Total damage is $603 with gst wavied off. Should be rather reasonable, right?

Just to share. Here is what I have just bought:

1) 14 x PLC 5" x 5" Downlights with 2x 13W Philip light tube - S$25 each (I choose the design I likt) so total = S$350

2) 01 x Completely closed up Rectangle Kitchen Light with SS lining - Come with 2 x 36cm light tube = S$90

3) 03 x Stainless Steel round casing light with 2x 13W Philip light tube - S$40 each (Two for bathrooms, One for service yard) = S$120

4) 01 x Normal 22W light with round matt casing- S$18 (For Storeroom)

5) 01 x Stainless Steel round casing light with 1x 13W Philip light tube - S$25 (Smaller version of item 3)

So Total damage is $603 with gst wavied off. Should be rather reasonable, right?

Hi. where did you get your lights from?? It's relatively reasonable!

This is the package i took: Package Lighting For 8pcs @ S$298.00 shown above

(Includes: 40w - 2pcs, 32w - 4pcs & 22w - 2pcs)

Then eventually i changed upgrade all to energy saving so extra $3 per light and added an IC for the 3 bulb lights and bought a hanging light for my dinning area so all come to a total of $437.. without GST...

Do take a look at my pictures at the other thread...

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...34891&st=80

This is the package i took: Package Lighting For 8pcs @ S$298.00 shown above

(Includes: 40w - 2pcs, 32w - 4pcs & 22w - 2pcs)

Then eventually i changed upgrade all to energy saving so extra $3 per light and added an IC for the 3 bulb lights and bought a hanging light for my dinning area so all come to a total of $437.. without GST...

Do take a look at my pictures at the other thread...

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...34891&st=80

Hi Velen,

Thanks for the details. I have read your message and also your another thread.

Is there any package for down lights? For eg. phillips down lights.

Cheers:) Emobebe

Hi emobebe...I din got any downlights so i din notice..but i just took another look at the website...seem like got a offer of $160 for 10 pcs...isit cheap?

Hi emobebe...I din got any downlights so i din notice..but i just took another look at the website...seem like got a offer of $160 for 10 pcs...isit cheap?

Must check out the type of downlight and also the number of light tube per downlight and the brand too.

$16 per pc most likely to be a std downlight with a single light tube from a unknown brand. However, this is my guess only..

Based on my exp, some shops like to use this kind of promotion to attract you down and then add here and there and ask you to change to a better brand and in the end it costs even more.. ;)

Must check out the type of downlight and also the number of light tube per downlight and the brand too.

$16 per pc most likely to be a std downlight with a single light tube from a unknown brand. However, this is my guess only..

Based on my exp, some shops like to use this kind of promotion to attract you down and then add here and there and ask you to change to a better brand and in the end it costs even more.. ;)

@Velen > Indeed very cheap but I think I prefer Phillips Down lights. I will check out with the rest forumers.

@kelvinangsw > I think Phillip Down lights around $2x for one. I need about 10 for the time being. (haven't finalised yet). Do you have any idea any shop promoting Phillip Downlights package?

Anyway, thanks to both of you for sharing! Cheers:)

@Velen > Indeed very cheap but I think I prefer Phillips Down lights. I will check out with the rest forumers.

@kelvinangsw > I think Phillip Down lights around $2x for one. I need about 10 for the time being. (haven't finalised yet). Do you have any idea any shop promoting Phillip Downlights package?

Anyway, thanks to both of you for sharing! Cheers:)

Hi Emobebe,

As you see my above post, I got the 5" x 5" Downlight with 02 x 13 Philip light tube at $25 each.

I think any price below this should be good ;)

Hi Emobebe...

No harm calling up to ask!...Might be a good steal...this shop not pushy in getting me to chg the promo lights..is me the chosy 1 wan to chg...hahhaa...so no harm calling to ask?? Jus my 2 cents tots...

I strongly recommend get lights from JB...Cheap!!!

I have been to quite a number of lighting shop in JB. Eg. Tampoi Lighting (Bad service), Starworld lighting, Best Light Electrical and VIP Lighting.

Tampoi and Starworld Lighting is at Tampoi Indah, VIP Lighting located at Jalan Meranti Merah, same row also have 2 more lighting shop.

I get most of my lightings and fan in VIP Lighting (they are having sale right now), bits here and there from Starworld Lighting.