Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
familyfirst

Suitable For Own Stay?

Dear Mr Chong, I would like to seek your advise if this property is suitable for our own stay.

It is a 2 1/2 storey link house with the living/dining/kitchen on the ground floor (road level). MBR and 2 other rooms on the first floor. The family area, guest & maid rooms are on the lower ground floor).

My husband's gua no is 1 and mine is 3 and both of us belong to the East group. House is facing NE.

We would like to seek your advise on general fengshui of this house as we would like to move into this property when it is ready.

Advise needed on the following:-

(i) general layout of the property.

(2) location of kitchen & toilet on the ground floor ok? Where to place hob & hood (stove)?

(3) can I paint the dining room in yellow?

(4) main door ok?

(5) MBR location ok? Placement of bed? Wall color of room?

(6) MBR toilet location is right above main door. How to remedy this situation???

(7) Any other comments?

Thank you!

GroundFloor.jpg

FirstFloor.jpg

LowerGroundFloor.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hello

Dear Mr Chong, I would like to seek your advise if this property is suitable for our own stay.

It is a 2 1/2 storey link house with the living/dining/kitchen on the ground floor (road level). MBR and 2 other rooms on the first floor. The family area, guest & maid rooms are on the lower ground floor).

My husband's gua no is 1 and mine is 3 and both of us belong to the East group. House is facing NE.

Is the front part beside the main door facing the car porch and main gate all sliding glass or solid wall?

Can you describe what can be seen in front of the main gate. (Better if provide some pics)

The way this main door is located and facing not good. It is made even worse when you indicated that the toilet is also above. The effects from any remedy will not be of much help. One good solution is to refrain from using the toilet but not easy for all family members to abide.

However, if your front part are all sliding glass doors, then I can recommend some other options.

If you can take a look at the pinned instructions for compass reading is better to just tell me facing NE.

(2) location of kitchen & toilet on the ground floor ok? Where to place hob & hood (stove)?

The kitchen location is ok. Place the stove against the kitchen wall facing the dry kitchen.

(3) can I paint the dining room in yellow?

Yes

(5) MBR location ok? Placement of bed? Wall color of room?

Can place against the East wall. Avoid black and white.

Dear Mr Chong

Thank you for your reply.

Here is the ground floor layout plan again with some notes indicated.a>

Some answers to your questions are :-

Toilet in MBR is only used by me & hubby (once in the morning and once at night). Rest of the day, we can minimise use of it and use the ground floor toilets if this helps.

Outside main gate (road) is facing similar type of houses. Sorry no pics at the moment.

Please note:-

There is glass sliding door between wet & dry kitchen, so may not be able to place stove at the place you recommended. Any alternatives?

There is also another toilet on the first floor at the same corner where the kitchen is on the ground floor. Another major problem for us?

Thank you for your frank comments.

Some answers to your questions are :-

Toilet in MBR is only used by me & hubby (once in the morning and once at night). Rest of the day, we can minimise use of it and use the ground floor toilets if this helps.

Hello

If you can use the sliding glass frontage as entry and exit, use the MBR toilet whole day also doesn't matter.

It is good news that those were sliding glass. Move in and out through them.

Please note:-

There is glass sliding door between wet & dry kitchen, so may not be able to place stove at the place you recommended. Any alternatives?

I was referring to the east/SE wall of the wet kitchen.

There is also another toilet on the first floor at the same corner where the kitchen is on the ground floor. Another major problem for us?

Yes, it will be another major problem if you place the stove there as recommended. Possibe to shift the stove further down along the wall to avoid the toilet directly above? Keep your stove within the South sector of your home. Otherwise, you got to locate the stove in the dry kitchen.