Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
familyfirst

Real Meaning Of Housewarming

Hi, does anyone know the real meaning & purpose of housewarming?

I mean, yes, we invite our friends to come over to celebrate our new place but someone told me the real purpose is to have as many people in & out of the house to create a situation of abundance. Is this true?

One even told me that he only buys a show unit cos over the months, can you imagine the number of people who have stepped in & out of this particular unit to view it?

Anyone care to share their knowledge & view?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

As the name suggests, its to "warm up" the house and to create more 'ren-qi' lor; this also include neighbours whom you do not even know yet. Which is why I always felt its funny that people have small private gatherings and called it housewarming, defeating the purpose.

I believe many of us (me included!!) nowadays actually hold housewarming parties to show-off their houses to their friends and relatives. An usual routine when the guests first arranged at the house, they would go tour the place and the owners will try to 'sell' what their furnishings and fittings are.

a few considerations:

1. If one's family members are few like most family unit in Spore. Hse warming is a good way to increase Ren Qi. Thus, choosing a good date is impt for such occassion.

2. Some ppl use hse warming to invite business associates - colleagues, bosses, customers etc. If so, choosing a good date is impt cos these ppl r their 贵人 Noblemen. You wld want to benefit from such occasion.

Both can be requested from yr FSM when you engage the FSM for FS audit.

3. If it is only for close frens and families, then any date will do.

cheers!

think house-warming is rather an ang moh thing

chinese call it the ru(4) huo(3) jiu (3) - 'moving in wine' literally

usually had on the first day of moving in, it is in part to thank people for all the help rendered and to celebrate the family shifting into a new (and usually better) place

the real purpose should be the participation of a joyous occasion

as for the ren qi part, it's really up to the individual bah :unsure:

not that i don't believe it, coz my dad strike 4D the day after we had a mini house warming :P

heh heh... for me, house-warming is just to let ppl (frens n relatives) to see your new house. bcos ppl know you move house, so naturally they will want to know how your new house look like mah... i din do house warming tho. had a small gathering over cny and had red wine spilled on my white wall and floor, and my virgin mahjong table soaked in beer. cannot imagine if as many as 100 ppl come in a day.... keke... :unsure:

heh heh... for me, house-warming is just to let ppl (frens n relatives) to see your new house. bcos ppl know you move house, so naturally they will want to know how your new house look like mah... i din do house warming tho. had a small gathering over cny and had red wine spilled on my white wall and floor, and my virgin mahjong table soaked in beer. cannot imagine if as many as 100 ppl come in a day.... keke... :notti:

:jawdrop:

one my fren kids , nearly spoilt my sofa,the way she step pull down the leather & oso bang bang bang on my full glass & full mirror cabinet, nearly break :(

I agreed that it is more for the 'ren qi' thing since there are normally 2 persons( husband & wife ) staying in the flat. Moreover, it is good to have friends to come over for a small gathering or chit chat. Remember u save money by not going to expensive restaurant or pub.

Hehe! 2 persons has benefited a lot after coming to my flat for house-warming and my flat has offically been label as 'Wang' home for my relatives. And I am expecting a big ang bao from them for my AD. haha !