Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
russell

Living On 2nd Floor

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I just bought a 2nd floor corner unit in Bishan & kinda regret as find that it's too low....any views?

You already bought it, just carry on with the reno and enjoy the process.

Edited by TYM

I just bought a 2nd floor corner unit in Bishan & kinda regret as find that it's too low....any views?

buy big piano no extra delivery charges.

buy big big mirror or glass also no extra charges.

Upon funerals - so far i have enjoyed;

1) christian songs/carols

2) taoism gong and flutes

3) buddhism wooden clappers

and on the mth when the coffin was directly below my house, i kena 4D 3 times!:notti:! :notti:

Yes, since you have already bought that unit, think positively and you will be happy :dancingqueen:

You no need to worry when taking the lift with strangers. Too many robbery cases happening in the lift. I am living in a 2nd floor unit for a couple of years, and I walk upstairs everyday. Now I have bought a 10th floor unit and I must take the lift. No strength to take staircase leow. Every time when I am in the lift with a stranger, I feel so scared and worried :dancingqueen:

Hi,

I am low floor expert...haha, maybe not just expert but just destined for low floor flat.....when i am young i live at Ang Mo Kio(2nd floor)........then i shift to woodlands (1st floor)............then my first ballot flat with my wife is at punggol (3rd floor)............now my 2nd hdb ballot flat with my with my wife at clementi (also 2nd floor).

I live low floors until i very used to it.........i love to live at low floors........no need waste time take lift.....no need to take lift with strangers........imagine taking lift with another family with cats/ dogs and sometimes even with bicycles.......sometimes i becomes lazy to take the stairs and wait for the lift with some people of my block........and the lift takes a long time to arrive and the crowd gets bigger...........then i just walk up my house thinking lucky i no need take lift with them as i got the option to take the stairs.................i admit its abit noisy but i dont like to live in a too quiet place........i like to know theres people around me but not too close to me......

Theres sometimes some funeral downstairs........but sometimes many parties like birthday or celebrations also......so make up for it...........also low floors cheaper also.......

Just my 2 cents worth of view.............i think the best scenario is live the highest floor or live the lowest floor..............live the highest for the best view and the lowest for the best accessibility....live middle not here not there...........like in the army, if u want u be officer, if not be corporal/ lance corporal.......dont be seagent......become hamburger no use...........both side also no good........

Rgds,

James

Edited by gohkm

Hi,

I am low floor expert...haha, maybe not just expert but just destined for low floor flat.....when i am young i live at Ang Mo Kio(2nd floor)........then i shift to woodlands (1st floor)............then my first ballot flat with my wife is at punggol (3rd floor)............now my 2nd hdb ballot flat with my with my wife at clementi (also 2nd floor).

I live low floors until i very used to it.........i love to live at low floors........no need waste time take lift.....no need to take lift with strangers........imagine taking lift with another family with cats/ dogs and sometimes even with bicycles.......sometimes i becomes lazy to take the stairs and wait for the lift with some people of my block........and the lift takes a long time to arrive and the crowd gets bigger...........then i just walk up my house thinking lucky i no need take lift with them as i got the option to take the stairs.................i admit its abit noisy but i dont like to live in a too quiet place........i like to know theres people around me but not too close to me......

Theres sometimes some funeral downstairs........but sometimes many parties like birthday or celebrations also......so make up for it...........also low floors cheaper also.......

Just my 2 cents worth of view.............i think the best scenario is live the highest floor or live the lowest floor..............live the highest for the best view and the lowest for the best accessibility....live middle not here not there...........like in the army, if u want u be officer, if not be corporal/ lance corporal.......dont be seagent......become hamburger no use...........both side also no good........

Rgds,

James

Just like living in blanglow also in 2nd floor, no need to kanna complaint when you jump and create alot of noise up stair. !!

Just like living in blanglow also in 2nd floor, no need to kanna complaint when you jump and create alot of noise up stair. !!

Ya very true.......this one i forgot to mention...... if u make a lot of noise and jump here jump there....i think nobody would complain u if u stay at 2nd floor.........i remember i got a friend of mine living on the 10th floor......got home after a hard day work..............he sings and dance while taking a shower happily..........after a while he heard "ding dong".......door bell ringing......his 9th floor neighbour come to his door to ask him to stop singing and jumping around or they will call police......

i remember a week after i shift into my 2nd floor clementi unit......an old woman comes to my door and wants to buy my unit........ask me to name a price..........she says she old already and cant travel up down so easily and taking a lift is troublesome...............i say cannot lah.......i just stay for a week, how to sell?...

just my 2 cents view......u want stay the highest or else stay the lowest......highest for best view and lowest for accesibility..........

Actually i personally dun think that living in 3rd floor(or low floor) the noise level will be higher than those living on 13th floor. Cos i live in 13th floor now, i can clearly hear people talking in the carpark at the ground floor. The funeral wake noise is equally high at 13th floor, compared to last time i stay on the 3rd floor in my mom house. Then last year, the primary school beside my flat was demolising, i find that the noise level is higher when i came out of the lift on my 13th floor, compare to when i am at the ground floor waiting for the lift. So sometimes I suspect that the noise travel upwards. So the higher u live the louder the noise. But this is only my suspection. I did not stay at 40th floor before. Maybe so high up there, there will have zero noise coming from downstairs.. :bow:

noise travel upward..

I stay @ 2nd floor... face the road.. yes.. it is noisy..

but when u go to 6 floor.. haha.. even more noisy..

I stay @ 3rd floor before.. and coffee shop is opp..

whenever there is a england cup or simi cup and someone goal..

wow.. u will heard it..

basically u can sleep and wake up to watch the goal replay when u heard " GOALLLLLLLLLL" !!

Edited by therat

Hi, I lived in 2nd floor when I bought my 1st flat and stayed for 8yrs there. The problem I face is mosquito problem which my parents opp at 11th floor don't face. But it is convenient as no need to wait for lift, good when in the rush :)

Another problem is when people burn paper, have to close all the windows. I've got 2 big tree in front of my living room, good for privacy but bad coz not much wind and not much light coming in.

Cockroach visit you first so you need to have your 'defence' mechanism setup. During long holiday when no one clear the rubbish try not to open your rubbish chute. No problem if yours is central (outside your house).

Cordless phone bring downstairs also can use, notebook bring downstairs also can receive your wireless.

But the most important thing is (and this is not restricted to low floor) if you have good neighbours, than 2nd floor or 40th floor also not so bad, but if you have lousy neighbours, than 2nd floor or 40th floor also just as bad.

Haha...

I fully agree with TPY! When my relatives come my place...they say it looks like I am living in a bungalow where the bedrooms can see trees outside...hehe...

Fortunately we don't have a void deck that can be used for "white" events...and our direction has quite a lot of privacy and peace at night...

The only complaint is the mosquitoes recently that always come up for food every night... :curse:

And inconsiderate people burning incense below...but can always complain to town council to move the bins elsewhere lor...heehee... :notti:

I agree with the rest, why regret since you had already bought the unit? You shd instead learn to love it instead. Be it high floor or low floor, it has it's own pros n cons.

I had stayed at mid to high floor for many years.. frankly speaking, I find that it's really nothing fantastic. Some people claimed can see view, more windy etc.. but errrr.... unless your block is beside a really nice seaview, what you see are just blocks and blocks of buildings only what.. what's so great about that :~ and I'm sure they won't admire the so called view religiously every day one lor

I had also bought a 2nd floor unit recently collecting keys soon. My friends all commented, 'yucks why 2nd floor'. Alot of them told me only Malays and Indians stay 2nd floor (it's not meant to be a racist comment, but it's just their observation :P ) I asked them back what's so bad about 2nd floor? I can exercise by climbing stairs, no need wait for lift. I come home late at night can quickly run up to my unit no need scared to share lift with scary people. My unit just as windy as high floor units, and i have 1 patch of greenery view right in front of my balcony. My high floor unit also got lots of cockroaches so I believe it's heng suay whether your estate is clean or not. Alot of my friends stay high floor but not lift level 1, also gotta climb stairs up or down their unit, so what's the diff, still gotta climb stairs wat. Somemore high floor like so much more expensive than low floor, no point paying this premium.

I had never thought much about high floor or low floor living until i started searching for my own house. I also requested for high floor when i asked the agent to look for a unit for us, without any specific reasons, it just seemed like a norm at that time. But after several unsuccessful viewings, we opened up our options and viewed low floor units. I'm very glad I did that, becos we had found our ideal unit. That's where I slowly grow to appreciate low floor living. But the most impt reason is........... my hubby has height phobia :help:

Some people fussy about living high or low floor......for me all my life i am low floor......i remember during the last mature estate balloting exercise at clementi (June 2007).......i am left 2nd floor to choose..........i remember the HDB officer say if i dont like.......theres always a next balloting.......lucky i never heed his advice.......8 months later(at february 2008).....a same level unit next block, the price up more than $100k........selling at $473k and above...........plus HDB change rule already............2nd timer when balloting for new flats will lose out when competing against first timer.....

To me high low is the same......more impt is near MRT and near good school(for kids)..............i agree with what keltong said..........2nd floor got some mosquito and when ppl burn paper u kanna first.........but i am immune by these already..........Regarding that lower floors is mostly for other races....that one i think depend on area........i give u a place at orchard.........i think first floor you also fight to stay dont say second floor.......

Just my 2 cents point of view

Edited by gohkm

I've been staying on low floors all my life :jawdrop:

used to stay on 3rd floor and currently on 2nd and 1st floor. not too bad as dun have to worry abt late nites out as what the others mentioned. :rofl:

only a few tings though irritating, but got used to it... ppl walking past and talking loudly, the car in the carpark trying to display some sportscar startup, cockroaches and lizards... as well as funerals placed on the opposite void deck since there're no void decks at my block.

going to move to mid-floor by this year... i quite dread of taking lift, alone or with strangers. tink i shd stop watching "The Eye" zz