Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LadyLuck

Ang Pow Box - Where To Get / Made?

of course it is rude, my dear!!

nobody does that!! normally the box is placed on the table at the reception. ur helpers at the reception, or even the groom or the parents can direct the guests to drop their ang baos in the box!! but u dun have to label the box!:dribble:

hehheheeee.. :dribble:.. okay. got it.

in tat case i mus have angpow box tat is outstandng enuf :good:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi ladyluck,

alot of my friends make our own angpow box coz only use once and when you want to give to someone else, usually ppl dun want. so you will end up having a box as decor in your hse. do prepare a bigger box just in case some ppl may give gifts instead of ang pows.

during my wedding, the wedding organiser (provided by the hotel) advised us to keep the money close to us as there are cases that ppl come and rob the ang pow boxes.

what we do is put the boxes underneath the table next to the person (that you had appointed) that is sitting at the reception to help out with the registration.

if you are doing the usual wedding dinner (chinese 8 or 9 course type), then the following may give you some tips and ideas:

1stly, appoint someone you can trust coz he or she will be helping you with the registration, ticking against the namelist who had come and where are their seats.

2ndly, you will appoint friends for reception and (the more the merrier or at least 2 friends each from both hb and you for the reception) to usher the guests to their seats, and also guide them to their seats. 1 reception for hb side and 1 for your side, cannot 1 person do everything, wait he/she got kan cheong, everything will be messed up.

3rdly, all the ppl appointed (if possible) should be a mixture of your close friends or your relatives (eg. cousins) as your friends may not know your relatives.

4thly, the person at the reception will receive the ang pow from the guest, marked the ang pow according to the seating number on the angpow and put in the box and also at the same time allocate 3 columns for he/she to tick. 1 column is angpow, that means when he/she rcvd is angpow, just tick will do. this will simplify he/her work. 2nd column is gift as not all ppl will give angpows. do be prepare that some old folks may give gold chains, pendents, etc. in replacement of a angpow. so this must be marked at the gift column. and the last column is remarks column where he/she may write what is the gift item (if they are not wrap and could be seen) or a simple descriptions, eg. heart box (goldsmith shops do give heart box with the chain and pendent and braclet as a set).

5th, separate both ang pow box, as you may not want to have a hard time afterwards in figuring whose angpows/gifts is given to your hb or you.

6th, must do up a guests lists segrating into relatives, friends, collegues, school mates, kopi shop khakis, mountain climbing hardcores, etc. :notti: so that you will be able to gauge the number of guests and who you like to be in the list and whose not and also arrange their seating arrangement.

if you have a wedding organiser to do all these works for you, do follow closely what she is doing and ask her questions on what are being done for you.

and also as the wedding start, the reception still have to seat outside as there may be guests who are late. and say eg, 1 hr after start of wedding, your reception have to bring the ang pow box to your hotel rm (if you are having your dinner at the hotel, they will ususally provide you with a rm), put in the cabinet or safe (if you are comfortable to give them the safe lock numbers which i suggest you do), and lock the rooms.

don't forget, the angpows receive that night will be able to cover the cost of the dinner with a slight surplus and so that's alot of money. and if you have old folks who give gold... :rofl: more headache coz ususally vy bulky items.

hope the above helps.

i have friends who has separate ang bao boxes for the groom and bride. so they placed it 1 side on the reception table guarded by the groom's helpers and the other side by the bride's helpers

yes. Leen has made an impt pt. the ang bao box must be guarded at all times, whether it is placed on the tables or placed on the floor.

hi ladyluck,

alot of my friends make our own angpow box coz only use once and when you want to give to someone else, usually ppl dun want. so you will end up having a box as decor in your hse. do prepare a bigger box just in case some ppl may give gifts instead of ang pows.

during my wedding, the wedding organiser (provided by the hotel) advised us to keep the money close to us as there are cases that ppl come and rob the ang pow boxes.

what we do is put the boxes underneath the table next to the person (that you had appointed) that is sitting at the reception to help out with the registration.

if you are doing the usual wedding dinner (chinese 8 or 9 course type), then the following may give you some tips and ideas:

1stly, appoint someone you can trust coz he or she will be helping you with the registration, ticking against the namelist who had come and where are their seats.

2ndly, you will appoint friends for reception and (the more the merrier or at least 2 friends each from both hb and you for the reception) to usher the guests to their seats, and also guide them to their seats. 1 reception for hb side and 1 for your side, cannot 1 person do everything, wait he/she got kan cheong, everything will be messed up.

3rdly, all the ppl appointed (if possible) should be a mixture of your close friends or your relatives (eg. cousins) as your friends may not know your relatives.

4thly, the person at the reception will receive the ang pow from the guest, marked the ang pow according to the seating number on the angpow and put in the box and also at the same time allocate 3 columns for he/she to tick. 1 column is angpow, that means when he/she rcvd is angpow, just tick will do. this will simplify he/her work. 2nd column is gift as not all ppl will give angpows. do be prepare that some old folks may give gold chains, pendents, etc. in replacement of a angpow. so this must be marked at the gift column. and the last column is remarks column where he/she may write what is the gift item (if they are not wrap and could be seen) or a simple descriptions, eg. heart box (goldsmith shops do give heart box with the chain and pendent and braclet as a set).

5th, separate both ang pow box, as you may not want to have a hard time afterwards in figuring whose angpows/gifts is given to your hb or you.

6th, must do up a guests lists segrating into relatives, friends, collegues, school mates, kopi shop khakis, mountain climbing hardcores, etc. :dunno: so that you will be able to gauge the number of guests and who you like to be in the list and whose not and also arrange their seating arrangement.

if you have a wedding organiser to do all these works for you, do follow closely what she is doing and ask her questions on what are being done for you.

and also as the wedding start, the reception still have to seat outside as there may be guests who are late. and say eg, 1 hr after start of wedding, your reception have to bring the ang pow box to your hotel rm (if you are having your dinner at the hotel, they will ususally provide you with a rm), put in the cabinet or safe (if you are comfortable to give them the safe lock numbers which i suggest you do), and lock the rooms.

don't forget, the angpows receive that night will be able to cover the cost of the dinner with a slight surplus and so that's alot of money. and if you have old folks who give gold... :D more headache coz ususally vy bulky items.

hope the above helps.

im so worried now.. seems like not ez & its dangerous..

i thik its quite hard for them to tick on attendance ba. esp have angpow or not.

cuz guest moving around. some dun even sign guest book & proceed to table already.. u tink so

my sisters and brother in laws helped out at the reception therefore they also guarded the angbao boxes for us. there were two angbao boxes at the reception (one for bride's and one for bridegroom's). some of our guests put the angbao into the boxes and some of them handled to our parents. however, eventually our parents returned the angbao to us. :D

we were very lucky that we've siblings to help out. they helped us to usher our guests to the tables and also entertained our guests for us (too many guests liao and my hb couldnt handle alone). :unsure:

you've to create a list of all your guests who are confirmed to attend then pass the guests list to your helpers at the reception. the guests list must have the table numbers which you've allocated to them. :D

We made our own angpow box too...hehe...but now its lying in the house...dunno wat to do with it leh? :unsure:

that's why better use the angbao boxes provide by the hotel. angbao boxes arent very impt la. most impt is the money inside. :D frankly speaking, nobody will really notice or admire the angbao boxes. :D

i dun care about pple say nice or not, is for my eye mah.

ya la. as long you are happy then can liao. no need bother others. :rofl:

btw, which hotel you booked? i forget liao. :D

out of topic..

maybe i bring safe box lar. with Padlock

aiyo, too exaggerating liao la. :unsure:

if i'm not wrong you booked grand plaza parkroyal, right? :)

For me, my hotel co-ordinator offered matching ang bao box on loan to us to match the complimentary guest book so tt took a load off my mind.

There's a shop at wheellock place, forgot which level that has this arty craft shop. The "creative director" is my friend. Thou calle ddirector, she's really just a young nice ger who's been there for the longest time. If you need more info, drop me a pm cox not nice to post her personal contact here.

They give lessons and advice to ppl who wanna diy on the spot or take home to do. Pretty nice exp if you've got the time and love to do such handicrafts.

Hope this helps.

For me, my hotel co-ordinator offered matching ang bao box on loan to us to match the complimentary guest book so tt took a load off my mind.

There's a shop at wheellock place, forgot which level that has this arty craft shop. The "creative director" is my friend. Thou calle ddirector, she's really just a young nice ger who's been there for the longest time. If you need more info, drop me a pm cox not nice to post her personal contact here.

They give lessons and advice to ppl who wanna diy on the spot or take home to do. Pretty nice exp if you've got the time and love to do such handicrafts.

Hope this helps.

hi all, i'm new in this forum and in midst preparing my wedding and new home. for angpao box, i'm getting it from here:

http://wedding-knots.blogspot.com/

hope it helps u that looking for angpao box

what is ang pao box never heard of it b4 le can please to define more

hi kiapower, ang pao box (money box) is a box (typically come with slot) prepared in the wedding receptionist table so that the guest can drop the angpao (red packet money) to the bride and groom