Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Reverie

Should I Buy This House?

I found a near perfect house.

Good location and nice view. Rooms suitable for myself and family.

However there is a big problem here.

If I were to buy this unit... I would be sharing a common corridor with only 1 neighbour and got to bypass their door and passageway before reaching the lift.

However, this very neighbour hang all their laundry outside the common walkway.

Today I went to view the place again and saw a bicycle, 4 poles of damp laundry outside their corridor (cos all the units come with very tiny laundry area) and a rack of underwear (in their house) facing directly our favoured unit. :jawdrop:

This neighbour love to open their house door cos I can see an elderly man inside the house whenever I am there.

If I bought the place I do not want to open the door daily and see tons of laundry (and really I mean loads of clothes and many pieces of sarongs) and underwear.

But I fancy this unit very much. What can I do??

I can't possibly ask them not to hang their clothes... cos it's a common walkway.

And never my intention to create tension between neighbours.

But it really worries me with regards to the visual aspects and I certainly do not feel right nor lucky if I were to see damp laundry and innerwear daily when I walk out from the main door.

But the house is perfect! :help:

Selfishly... I just wish they would NOT hang anything outside their house at all.

They already got a huge shoe cabinet outside their door... coupled with the many poles of laundry and their bicycle.... Too conjested to walk at all!

It's a fairly new, posh and cool residential area with great surrounding facilities.... I feel so sad that my neighbour is such! :D

I understand sometimes it's inevitable... cos I would be hanging my clothes in one of the spare room too. Guessed they do not have that extra room to do so and thus hang outside. :dribble:

Will a bagua do?? Will it be bad for me to put a bagua against my neighbours?

Appreciate any good advices.

Edited by Reverie

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

If I were to buy this unit... I would be sharing a common corridor with only 1 neighbour and got to bypass their door and passageway before reaching the lift.

Today I went to view the place again and saw a bicycle, 4 poles of damp laundry outside their corridor (cos all the units come with very tiny laundry area) and a rack of underwear (in their house) facing directly our favoured unit. :jawdrop:

This neighbour love to open their house door cos I can see an elderly man inside the house whenever I am there.

If I bought the place I do not want to open the door daily and see tons of laundry (and really I mean loads of clothes and many pieces of sarongs) and underwear.

I can't possibly ask them not to hang their clothes... cos it's a common walkway.

But it really worries me with regards to the visual aspects and I certainly do not feel right nor lucky if I were to see damp laundry and innerwear daily when I walk out from the main door.

But the house is perfect! :help:

Selfishly... I just wish they would NOT hang anything outside their house at all.

They already got a huge shoe cabinet outside their door... coupled with the many poles of laundry and their bicycle.... Too conjested to walk at all!

It's a fairly new, posh and cool residential area with great surrounding facilities.... I feel so sad that my neighbour is such! :D

I understand sometimes it's inevitable... cos I would be hanging my clothes in one of the spare room too. Guessed they do not have that extra room to do so and thus hang outside. :dribble:

Hihi,

I can't comment on the FS part... but what I would like to share is that for common walkways, I believed there's a 'limit' to how much stuff you can place without pure congestion. Like what you mentioned, with a big shoe rack and then with poles of laundry, it will limit a person to walk 'sideway' across? :dribble: Not sure if the Town Council/HDB handles such issues but you have to think that once you feedback, tension may occur since you are the only neighbour sharing the space. :drunk:

If's it's a resale unit, perhaps you can ask the seller had they tried talking to this neighbour? On another hand, if you had bought it and doing renovations, they may automatically remove it since it's gonna be dusty + the wheelbarrow may not even be able to get past.

Good luck! :dribble:

I suggest you better think about it carefully before you buy this house. I think neighbours are very important, if you have this kind of neighbours how are you going to live a peaceful life in future? So what if the house is perfect? As you mentioned that you will have to pass by their house every time you go out or come back. There is not escape from them. I used to live 2 doors away from a large malay family, they also hang all their laundries and stuff outside the corridor. I can't open my front door as the stench from the clothes is terrible. They even put their mattress soiled with urine on the parapet to sun.

It was **** for me at that point. Approach them nicely also didn't worked, complained to hdb also not use as each time the hdb people come, they will keep their stuff indoor but next day still hang out again.

How often can the hdb come and tell them.

Maybe you can look a few more units before you make up your mind as buy house is a big decision.

I suggest you look, look and look first. Even the upstairs and downstair neighbours also very important.

Ever read from some FS books that what your potential neighbour has been doing will bring bad luck to you if you were to buy that unit.

Suggest you forget about this flat and look somewhere else.

Agree. When I first bought my new house, I wasn't aware that all my neighbours hang their laundry at the corridor. Mine's a point block with only 4 units on each floor so all 3 units of my neighbours treat the corridor like their own kampong. And on rainy days their laundry would even block the lift buttons, they would give excuses like oh cos rain water splashed onto their clothes.

I was very upset even till now, I really regretted buying this unit. Everyday when I go home and the lift reaches my floor, my heart would beat very fast cos i duno what i'm going to see that day. It was miserable.

I suggest you re-think this. You have a choice now, dun place your money and regret. Imagine living there and having to face that everyday, can you take it? The kind of neighbours you have are indeed very veryimpt.

Today I went to view the place again and saw a bicycle, 4 poles of damp laundry outside their corridor (cos all the units come with very tiny laundry area) and a rack of underwear (in their house) facing directly our favoured unit. :D

But the house is perfect! :yamseng:

It's a fairly new, posh and cool residential area with great surrounding facilities.... I feel so sad that my neighbour is such! :notti:

I understand sometimes it's inevitable... cos I would be hanging my clothes in one of the spare room too. Guessed they do not have that extra room to do so and thus hang outside. :P

I think it is better to avoid having problems. So, I think you should give this place a miss if the situation is really that bad.

With FS, I have learnt that it is better to find a place suitable with our bazi than to do a makeover of the place to correct the FS. There is a limit to we can do to correct the imprefections.

this is MORE to having a lousy neighbour. not FS.

i wont want to live with such neighbours.

Yaya agree....think twice, thrice, many many times...

Thanks for all the helpful thoughts... they were insightful.

My entire life... I have lived with very considerate neighbours so i better do without the bad ones.

Ok will not get this unit cos i do foresee endless trauma and issues.

:sport-smiley-004:

back to searching for a new home... :yamseng: