Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BlueFly

Anybody Using Ikea Dioder Lights?

Has anybody used Ikea dioder lights before?

I intend to install, maybe 2 or 3 sets of the white round ones, about $75 per set, in the kitchen and bathroom, as a sort of low intensity general lighting on the wall to complement the kitchen ceiling lights using CFLs.

DSC_7132.jpg

Owing to long lifespan and low electricity cost (hmm, set of 4 lights estimated to cost $8 per year for electricity, i.e. 24x7, 365 days @ $0.25 est per kilowatt!) could simply leave the lights on through the night for the kids. Also saves the trouble of switching on/off the kitchen lights when using the kitchen in the evening.

Anybody can share their experience of using these LED lights from Ikea or other brands? !!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
this is very interesting

does it use AC power?

Yes, Applefreak, this (LED lighting) is the future of lighting!

You simply plug it into a power socket, so you don't need an electrician to install the light for you if your kitchen cab already has power sockets. Very convenient!

Why don't you install first and let me know how bright it is? !!

I am also looking at other LED bulb supplier from overseas, but haven't made any purchases yet.

Edited by BlueFly

Cool...I've been visiting Ikea almost every week and I still miss this lighting? Think my eye got stamp...heehee...muz go check it out...think the long light can put behind the TV? Wonder if it will look nice.

Cool...I've been visiting Ikea almost every week and I still miss this lighting? Think my eye got stamp...heehee...muz go check it out...think the long light can put behind the TV? Wonder if it will look nice.

Hey, you're spot on, keltong! Some used the lights behind the TV set, gives a beautiful glow on the wall behind the TV -- google for how others do their "thing". :yamseng:

Hey, you're spot on, keltong! Some used the lights behind the TV set, gives a beautiful glow on the wall behind the TV -- google for how others do their "thing". :yamseng:

:dribble::dribble::dribble: