Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi All

Hoping there's some "gao shou" out here to help with taking a look at this quote and advise if this is reasonable.

Mine is a resale EA and flooring is still in good condition, just a polish shld brings the blink blink back in the marbles liao :dunno:

Painting not necessary as I have my own ah neh to do tat :P

Here's the quote and i appreciate all who takes the time to read, digest and advise.

Thanking all the kind souls in advance

Really appreciate all kind advice.

Thanks...

SugarLESS

Dismantle Work

To dismantle exsiting shoe cabinet at foyer

To dismantle exsiting alter table at dining

To dismantle exsiting TV ****

To dismantle exsiting TV feature wall ****

To dismantle exsiting platform at balcony

To dismantle exsiting full ht cabinet at balcony

To dismantle exsiting platform at study room

To dismantle exsiting top & bottom study table at study room

To dismantle exsiting recess cabinet at bedroom 2 & 3

To dismantle exsiting wardrode at master bedroom & bedroom 2

To dismantle exsiting dressing table at master bedroom

To dismantle exsiting kitchen cabinet

To dismantle exsiting false ceiling **** hall

To dismantle exsiting by-fold door for 2 bathroom

To dismantle exsiting kitchen door

To dismantle exsiting study room door

To hack floor tiles at kitchen

To hack down kitchen wall & service balocny wall & door

To hack down master bedroom wall & bedroom 2 wall

To hack master toliet wall tiles

To hack master toliet floor tiles

All above items For $2,600.00

Wet Work

To make good wall after hacking of wall at master bedroom & bedroom 2 (including of floor tiles) $480.00

To make good wall after hacking of wall at kitchen & service balcony (Including of wall & floor tiles) $480.00

Supply & lay 300x600 Ceramic or Homogenous Design tiles to Master Bathroom wall ( Full Ht ) $1,280.00

Supply & lay 300x300 Non-Slip Homogenous tiles to Master Bathroom floor $450.00

Supply & lay 300x300 Non-Slip Homogenous tiles to kitchen floor $1,050.00

Supply & lay water-proofing at master toliet floor $100.00

Supply & lay water-proofing at kitchen floor $100.00

To construct a shower kerb at master bathroom $100.00

Supply & construct 50mm kitchen cabinet base $200.00

Supply & construct 50mm refrigerator base $90.00

Plumbing Work

Supply & lay hot & cold Stainless Steel piping to Kitchen & Both Bathrooms $1,250.00

Supply & lay new outlet pipe for kitchen sink $100.00

To run hot & cold piping to bathtub $180.00

Installation 2 nos colour W.C. suite to Both Bathrooms $200.00

Installation 2 nos colour wash basin to Both Bathrooms $140.00

Installation of heater to Both Bathrooms $120.00

Installation of Kitchen Sink & Kitchen tap $75.00

Installation Bathroom accessories to Both Bathrooms $110.00

Ceiling Work

Supply & install design false ceiling at dining $880.00

To add & modify false ceiling **** $250.00

To flush wall using gyson board at both side of recess wall at 2 bedroom $280.00

To flush wall using gyson board at small window at bedroom 2 FOC

Kitchen Door

Supply & install 10mm thick framless clear casement tempered glass sliding door come withceiling plemet & stainless steel handle $680.00

Study Room Door

Supply & install one fix & one casement 10mm thick framless clear casement tempered glass door come with stainless steel handle $1,580.00

Other Work

Supply & lay protection covering to whole house floor finish $180.00

Provide chemical washing to whole house flooring $200.00

Submission of HDB / ENV Permit $250.00

PlATFORM WITH LAMINATE

To construct a platform using soild plywood & lay selected laminate on platform

at bedroom 2 (10ft x 10ft)

To construct a platform using soild plywood & lay selected laminate on platform $2,480.00

at balcony area (13.5ft x 3.5ft)

Foyer Area

Supply & install 7ft decorative feature to camoflage house-hold-shelter using soild plywood cum laminate & mirror finish $1,450.00

Master bedroom

(WIW) Supply & install 20ft decorative wardrode using soild plywood cum laminate $4,960.00

with sandblasted glass & ABS Trimming cum stainless steel trimming

To flush wall at both side using gyson board at exsiting master bedroom entrance $400.00

Supply & install full length partition cum 1 door opening with mirror design one side $1,780.00

Bedroom 2

Supply & install 2 panel of decorative sliding door using soild plywood cum laminate $1,780.00

Study Room

Supply & install 6ft decorative study room using soild plywood cum laminate with sandblasted glass & ABS Trimming cum stainless steel trimming $1,380.00

Kitchen

Supply and install 20ft bottom kitchen cabinet in solid plywood with laminate and ABS trimming finish $2,400.00

Supply and install 17ft Top kitchen cabinet in solid plywood with laminate and ABS trimming finish $2,040.00

Supply & install 20ft soild surface on bottom kitchen cabinet $1,760.00

Dining Area

Supply & install supended 7ft decorative shoe cabinet using soild plywood cum laminate with sandblasted glass & ABS Trimming cum stainless steel trimming $980.00

Living Area (Base on Design)

Supply & instal decorative full ht TV feature wall using soild plywood cum laminate with sandblasted glass & ABS Trimming (1800mm) $1,380.00

Supply & install decorative TV console using soild plywood cum laminate with sandblasted glass & ABS Trimming (1800mm) $850.00

Bedroom 2

Supply & install decorative low ht headboard using soild plywood cum laminate with sandblasted glass & ABS Trimming (2100mm) $1,350.00

Master bathroom

Supply & install 5ft soild surface work-top above vanity cabinet $450.00

Supply & install 5ft decorative vanity cabinet using soild plywood cum $450.00

laminate finish

Supply & install 5ft mirror above vanity cabinet FOC

Supply & install 10mm thick framless shower screen with tempered glass for master bathroom $500.00

Dining Wall Mirror 16.5ft $1,300.00

OR Dining wall Mirror 10ft $950.00

10ft cabinet w 3 drawers $1,250.00

Wooden divider , 3 pillars $750.00

4ft master bedroom tv console $500.00

Feature wall for master bedroom tv console area $580.00

4ft study table $600

GRAND TOTAL: $45,725.00

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Guest tommy_moby

I will advise for you to bring the same quote down to another ID firm for comparison. The usual case is you will be able to get a cheaper quote.

dont bring the same quote down to another ID. I would think it's better this way. Know your budget. For example your budget is 45k. Go to another ID tell them your budget is 40k or 38k and tell them what your requirements are and ask them to propose any necessary things. Then ask them give you a quote. Chances are the quotation will be around 43-44k. Then you can add in or take away item from the quotation comparing it with others. !! At least this is what i recommend u to do :yamseng: always let them know your budget minus 3-5k :bleah:

dont bring the same quote down to another ID. I would think it's better this way. Know your budget. For example your budget is 45k. Go to another ID tell them your budget is 40k or 38k and tell them what your requirements are and ask them to propose any necessary things. Then ask them give you a quote. Chances are the quotation will be around 43-44k. Then you can add in or take away item from the quotation comparing it with others. :yamseng: At least this is what i recommend u to do :yamseng: always let them know your budget minus 3-5k :good:

Actually the ID will also know we tend to under declare our budget. That's why their quote tends to be higher than our budget at the end of the day.

I will advise for you to bring the same quote down to another ID firm for comparison. The usual case is you will be able to get a cheaper quote.

this is not advisable... yes indeed you will get a cheaper quote. this goes to the materials and also the workmanship too.

try to source for more quotation and do a comparison. if possible go down to their ongoing projects meaning people's house are still on renovation. check on their workmanship. find out their workers where are they from.

good luck in ur hunting. :yamseng:

wat i did: tell all the IDs that u r meeting ur requirements, from there a comparsion can be done. since same requirements, items done shd be abt the same, then compare the overall quote instead. i believe it is super time consuming to compare item by item (but do make sure items r itemised, hence u knw the cost of each if u want to take them out later).

some ids charge more for carpentry, some charge more for glass, some dun charge for bathroom accessories etc.... but at the end they may cost more or less the same. then see who u can click with, finally check out the workmanship - this is the tricky part!

good luck!

Wow, thanks to all of you for taking time to go thru my lor sor posting and for sharing your views.

Well I guess getting a few more quotes will be a sound option to try out.

Has anyone tried calling in your own wall-papers installers? I have a few pcs of wall which i wan to paste wall papers u see, and i :rofl: how much my ID had marked up.

With everything getting more expensive,can save must save lor :good:

SugarLESS

Guest tommy_moby

learnt something new.. haha.. if u r looking for an ID for another quote, perhaps may wish to try out my ID from Astute Works. PM me for his contact.

Guest IceCreamhouse

hi...

i think you need some consideration for your qoutation, HDB permit submition didnt have to pay. unless PE is request to prove for any hacking of wall that request by hdb ever that we just paid for PE advise and thier signature, HDB there we didnt pay at all. you may try to uncle tay my contractor with 20 over year exprience for better qoutation and advise. if you wan his number you let me noe

cheer

hi...

i think you need some consideration for your qoutation, HDB permit submition didnt have to pay. unless PE is request to prove for any hacking of wall that request by hdb ever that we just paid for PE advise and thier signature, HDB there we didnt pay at all. you may try to uncle tay my contractor with 20 over year exprience for better qoutation and advise. if you wan his number you let me noe

cheer

Hi IceCreamhouse

thanks for reading my post. i also tot i read somewhere that HDB permit submission not need to pay, but cos i not sure if that's reali the case *read alot of posting here, read until a bit info overload liao !! ** thanks for pointing it to me.

IceCreamHouse, ask u hor...i am hacking a common room wall to make the master room bigger, does tat requires a PE? No pillar there.

thanking u in advance for enlightening me !!

Guest IceCreamhouse

hi

for new estated like my gafren house located at compassvale link there , hack down wall btw master room and room2 they request PE, as i say everything is arrange by uncle tay.. we used the same contractor. if for my current house now we are reno , we also hack off the wall but we didnt need any PE, may be our cable ,pipe and wires is not like the new estate that conceal in the wall. for further advice if you need uncle tay number you let me know.

ZZZZ

Hi All

Hoping there's some "gao shou" out here to help with taking a look at this quote and advise if this is reasonable.

Mine is a resale EA and flooring is still in good condition, just a polish shld brings the blink blink back in the marbles liao :bangwall:

Painting not necessary as I have my own ah neh to do tat :dunno:

Here's the quote and i appreciate all who takes the time to read, digest and advise.

Thanking all the kind souls in advance

Really appreciate all kind advice.

Thanks...

SugarLESS

Dismantle Work

To dismantle exsiting shoe cabinet at foyer

To dismantle exsiting alter table at dining

To dismantle exsiting TV ****

To dismantle exsiting TV feature wall ****

To dismantle exsiting platform at balcony

To dismantle exsiting full ht cabinet at balcony

To dismantle exsiting platform at study room

To dismantle exsiting top & bottom study table at study room

To dismantle exsiting recess cabinet at bedroom 2 & 3

To dismantle exsiting wardrode at master bedroom & bedroom 2

To dismantle exsiting dressing table at master bedroom

To dismantle exsiting kitchen cabinet

To dismantle exsiting false ceiling **** hall

To dismantle exsiting by-fold door for 2 bathroom

To dismantle exsiting kitchen door

To dismantle exsiting study room door

To hack floor tiles at kitchen

To hack down kitchen wall & service balocny wall & door

To hack down master bedroom wall & bedroom 2 wall

To hack master toliet wall tiles

To hack master toliet floor tiles

All above items For $2,600.00

Wet Work

To make good wall after hacking of wall at master bedroom & bedroom 2 (including of floor tiles) $480.00

To make good wall after hacking of wall at kitchen & service balcony (Including of wall & floor tiles) $480.00

Supply & lay 300x600 Ceramic or Homogenous Design tiles to Master Bathroom wall ( Full Ht ) $1,280.00

Supply & lay 300x300 Non-Slip Homogenous tiles to Master Bathroom floor $450.00

Supply & lay 300x300 Non-Slip Homogenous tiles to kitchen floor $1,050.00

Supply & lay water-proofing at master toliet floor $100.00

Supply & lay water-proofing at kitchen floor $100.00

To construct a shower kerb at master bathroom $100.00

Supply & construct 50mm kitchen cabinet base $200.00

Supply & construct 50mm refrigerator base $90.00

Plumbing Work

Supply & lay hot & cold Stainless Steel piping to Kitchen & Both Bathrooms $1,250.00

Supply & lay new outlet pipe for kitchen sink $100.00

To run hot & cold piping to bathtub $180.00

Installation 2 nos colour W.C. suite to Both Bathrooms $200.00

Installation 2 nos colour wash basin to Both Bathrooms $140.00

Installation of heater to Both Bathrooms $120.00

Installation of Kitchen Sink & Kitchen tap $75.00

Installation Bathroom accessories to Both Bathrooms $110.00

Ceiling Work

Supply & install design false ceiling at dining $880.00

To add & modify false ceiling **** $250.00

To flush wall using gyson board at both side of recess wall at 2 bedroom $280.00

To flush wall using gyson board at small window at bedroom 2 FOC

Kitchen Door

Supply & install 10mm thick framless clear casement tempered glass sliding door come withceiling plemet & stainless steel handle $680.00

Study Room Door

Supply & install one fix & one casement 10mm thick framless clear casement tempered glass door come with stainless steel handle $1,580.00

Other Work

Supply & lay protection covering to whole house floor finish $180.00

Provide chemical washing to whole house flooring $200.00

Submission of HDB / ENV Permit $250.00

PlATFORM WITH LAMINATE

To construct a platform using soild plywood & lay selected laminate on platform

at bedroom 2 (10ft x 10ft)

To construct a platform using soild plywood & lay selected laminate on platform $2,480.00

at balcony area (13.5ft x 3.5ft)

Foyer Area

Supply & install 7ft decorative feature to camoflage house-hold-shelter using soild plywood cum laminate & mirror finish $1,450.00

Master bedroom

(WIW) Supply & install 20ft decorative wardrode using soild plywood cum laminate $4,960.00

To flush wall at both side using gyson board at exsiting master bedroom entrance $400.00

Supply & install full length partition cum 1 door opening with mirror design one side $1,780.00

Bedroom 2

Supply & install 2 panel of decorative sliding door using soild plywood cum laminate $1,780.00

Study Room

Supply & install 6ft decorative study room using soild plywood cum laminate with sandblasted glass & ABS Trimming cum stainless steel trimming $1,380.00

Kitchen

Supply and install 20ft bottom kitchen cabinet in solid plywood with laminate and ABS trimming finish $2,400.00

Supply and install 17ft Top kitchen cabinet in solid plywood with laminate and ABS trimming finish $2,040.00

Supply & install 20ft soild surface on bottom kitchen cabinet $1,760.00

Dining Area

Supply & install supended 7ft decorative shoe cabinet using soild plywood cum laminate with sandblasted glass & ABS Trimming cum stainless steel trimming $980.00

Living Area (Base on Design)

Supply & instal decorative full ht TV feature wall using soild plywood cum laminate with sandblasted glass & ABS Trimming (1800mm) $1,380.00

Supply & install decorative TV console using soild plywood cum laminate with sandblasted glass & ABS Trimming (1800mm) $850.00

Bedroom 2

Supply & install decorative low ht headboard using soild plywood cum laminate with sandblasted glass & ABS Trimming (2100mm) $1,350.00

Master bathroom

Supply & install 5ft soild surface work-top above vanity cabinet $450.00

Supply & install 5ft decorative vanity cabinet using soild plywood cum $450.00

laminate finish

Supply & install 5ft mirror above vanity cabinet FOC

Supply & install 10mm thick framless shower screen with tempered glass for master bathroom $500.00

Dining Wall Mirror 16.5ft $1,300.00

OR Dining wall Mirror 10ft $950.00

10ft cabinet w 3 drawers $1,250.00

Wooden divider , 3 pillars $750.00

4ft master bedroom tv console $500.00

Feature wall for master bedroom tv console area $580.00

4ft study table $600

GRAND TOTAL: $45,725.00

hihi

try this site....

http://www.hbay.com.sg/apps/php/services/estimatortray.php

hope it can help u