Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
babytan

Dogs & Us

good deal meh? i think still ok la

summer is ID recommended place wor, i can give you the address but next monday ok cos dun have the invoice with me but i can remember is toa payoh north 2

as for the fujioh hor, i think same model, the price increase to $788 liao

you can go to hoe kee at MM to take a look and see if they can still sell to you at $720 per set

or if you can get cheaper price let me know leh ;)

thanks for the tips!

your deal is ok lah...so many items for that total price. :D

somemore one-stop shopping...save time & energy too :P

I will also go recce Hoe Kee. hope to sniff out some bargains somewhere & anywhere. :dancingqueen:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Updates 13 June 2008 (FRIDAY THE 13TH)

1) recess area in MBR sealed up

2) gypsum board up for WIW

3) part of L-box up

4) toilet bowl, basin, rainshower up

5) all tiling done (wall & floor except for 2 rooms laminate flooring)

took some pictures but unable to upload as i dun where i kept my card reader :dunno: no internet at home as on the "run" now...haiz

Yes, yes...monitoring your thread has become one of my daily routine liao as we are keen to see the development of your home reno. Roy still not free to coordinate a site visit for us. So sad :(

Any luck in finding out the cost you will be paying to cover up those ugly sewage pipes in both the bathroom? :dribble:

kunning :dancingqueen:

summer trading

Blk 206 Toa Payoh North

paisey forgot the unit no.. but you can see summer signboard once you at Blk 206

HTHs :yamseng:

ilmare612 :dancingqueen:

not yet leh cos i guess i will only see the final quote at the end of the reno leh

you have gotten keys to your new flat? you can arrange with him in advance la and at the same time check out other IDs too so as not to waste time waiting and doing nothing wor :drunk:

ilmare612 :dancingqueen:

not yet leh cos i guess i will only see the final quote at the end of the reno leh

you have gotten keys to your new flat? you can arrange with him in advance la and at the same time check out other IDs too so as not to waste time waiting and doing nothing wor :drunk:

Hi BabyTan, we should be getting our keys end June or early July as per HDB. We have been to other ID firm liao. So far Roy has the most hands up from the forum and also I have to admit...his price really attractive as compared to the others. So want to see his work lor. Any new pics to your place? Bet you must be very excited for it to be ready!!! I saw pics of your old place. Compared to this, wow major overhaul :P Congrats!

Hi BabyTan, we should be getting our keys end June or early July as per HDB. We have been to other ID firm liao. So far Roy has the most hands up from the forum and also I have to admit...his price really attractive as compared to the others. So want to see his work lor. Any new pics to your place? Bet you must be very excited for it to be ready!!! I saw pics of your old place. Compared to this, wow major overhaul :P Congrats!

cos normally he will also ask owner if gotton keys liao so that can go and view the house then he will give suggestions. if based on what you told him what you want for your flat, he can also give you a estimated quote but i can tell you, it will change when go and view flat..alot maybe necessary while some are extras..

think his "pattern" is you must have the keys before he will meet you..if you want quote, maybe he just do and email you 8|

to me his quote is just competitive, not the most expensive nor the cheapest but felt quite comfortable talking to him..did you can ask him to bring you to see showflats? he sure say no time wan la but i think all these can be arranged...

mine is 3room overhaul as flat is too old liao..all false ceiling and plastering done, was painting sealer yesterday..think today or tml will be painting and lightings :dancingqueen:

ya la good n bad actually

as i understand that they do need to relieve themselves

i dun mind letting them use so called virgin bowl but at least keep clean rite? leave such a disgusting sight for me..really idiots leh :curse::curse:

My carpenter used my toilet to relieve himself while I was around and didn't wash his hands nor flush after the job!!! *gulp* The moment he left, I had Dettol everywhere he touched!

My carpenter used my toilet to relieve himself while I was around and didn't wash his hands nor flush after the job!!! *gulp* The moment he left, I had Dettol everywhere he touched!

eee so er xin wan..me cannot clean now la...they will still dirty again..close 1 eye lor.. 8| complain here only lor..

as for the light thingy..my whole house is cream white in colour as need to "brighten" up the area cos no sunlight wan leh..think only some in the kitchen laundry area..will have some bold colours for the various feature walls eg TV and headboard..

was just afraid that the lighting not enough but thinking back, my house like very small nia so 4 DL + 6 PLC in the living should be enough hor?? :dunno: i cannot visualise that liao, really have to wait till light up then can tell..we going for daylight and cool white and ID said enough light lah...

eee so er xin wan..me cannot clean now la...they will still dirty again..close 1 eye lor.. 8| complain here only lor..

as for the light thingy..my whole house is cream white in colour as need to "brighten" up the area cos no sunlight wan leh..think only some in the kitchen laundry area..will have some bold colours for the various feature walls eg TV and headboard..

was just afraid that the lighting not enough but thinking back, my house like very small nia so 4 DL + 6 PLC in the living should be enough hor?? :dunno: i cannot visualise that liao, really have to wait till light up then can tell..we going for daylight and cool white and ID said enough light lah...

Actually, what I did throughout the reno was to spend several weekends cleaning up. I cleaned up even tho I knew the contractors would be working for 2 reasons:

A) Idenfication of defects

Only when the place is somewhat clean will I be able to tell if this is a perm stain or if it is just dirt. We eventually discovered several defects and they could fix it quickly before moving onto the next phase of work (e.g., carpentry)

B) Makes the final clean up more manageable

I think my weekend cleaning sessions paid off because as we prepared to move in, I didn't need to clean as much. Also, this "thin layer of dust" that lasts for weeks didn't seem to be there!

Regarding the issue of lights. I actually feel the same. I was (and still am!) constantly complaining the place is too dark just with the regular lights!!! While the place is bright in the day, it's quite dark at night. Truth is, by the time I get home, the sun is already setting so I rarely get to enjoy this "natural" sunlight that my place gets.

I don't know how large your place is but my 3-rm unit is 67sqm. Non-upgraded. Basically when I'm at home, my living room, 2 kitchen + floor lamp are on all the time.

cos normally he will also ask owner if gotton keys liao so that can go and view the house then he will give suggestions. if based on what you told him what you want for your flat, he can also give you a estimated quote but i can tell you, it will change when go and view flat..alot maybe necessary while some are extras..

think his "pattern" is you must have the keys before he will meet you..if you want quote, maybe he just do and email you 8|

to me his quote is just competitive, not the most expensive nor the cheapest but felt quite comfortable talking to him..did you can ask him to bring you to see showflats? he sure say no time wan la but i think all these can be arranged...

mine is 3room overhaul as flat is too old liao..all false ceiling and plastering done, was painting sealer yesterday..think today or tml will be painting and lightings :dancingqueen:

Ya lor, bo bian. Probably have to wait till we collect the keys first. Wonder why haven't HDB written to us as they mentioned we should be getting letter by mid June. Can't wait. We even bought our bed, sofa and dining table liao. GSS...kia su. hehehe. :dancingqueen:

Anw, I must share a joke with you...I read by chance your contribution on another thread on ***. We too went to them for quote and found their packages very attractive but the guy very hard sell leh. When he brought us to see a showflat, we also fainted lor. Cos the design like macham 1980s :P

Not used to attached pictures... thought it was clickable... try this.

dscf5758aw5.jpg

hey max ,

bonnie or bonny is so ke ai wor ... :wub: :wub:

when is the gathering ?? can't wait to cuddle your furkid.

hey hey babytan ,

any updates and more pic pls !! !! :D :D

I don't know how large your place is but my 3-rm unit is 67sqm. Non-upgraded. Basically when I'm at home, my living room, 2 kitchen + floor lamp are on all the time.

same as yours :drunk: ..you got 2 kitchen lights? mine only 1 leh..me haven tot of buying any floor lamp..needed mah? i got 2 dogs with lots of fur everywhere la so want to minimize item to be left on the floor lor..

Ya lor, bo bian. Probably have to wait till we collect the keys first. Wonder why haven't HDB written to us as they mentioned we should be getting letter by mid June. Can't wait. We even bought our bed, sofa and dining table liao. GSS...kia su. hehehe. :dancingqueen:

Anw, I must share a joke with you...I read by chance your contribution on another thread on ***. We too went to them for quote and found their packages very attractive but the guy very hard sell leh. When he brought us to see a showflat, we also fainted lor. Cos the design like macham 1980s :P

wow really a bit kiasu leh..haven taken keys already brought furnitures?? i also kiasu wan but i still think that a bit too early to buy leh cos may have many special promos coming up later leh..just dun wanna luigi so much ma..hahahaha

oh you went to *** and "C" serve you? hahahah super buay tahan him..the tot of him and his facial expression i wan to :bow: liao..hahahaha glad that i change ID to Roy..hahahhahaha

hey max ,

hey hey babytan ,

any updates and more pic pls !! !! :D :D

hahah mr max now busy toilet training bonnie liao lor..wait at least 2 months bah :horse:

hey max ,

Haha... Bonnie is showing good potential on the toilet training but still makes mistakes... slowly lor.

After the next two vaccinations, we should meet up with your furballs as well... also want to get her to interact more with other dogs as Shih Tzus have the tendency to become anti-social towards other dogs after some time.

Haha... Bonnie is showing good potential on the toilet training but still makes mistakes... slowly lor.

After the next two vaccinations, we should meet up with your furballs as well... also want to get her to interact more with other dogs as Shih Tzus have the tendency to become anti-social towards other dogs after some time.

:good::good: unlike my boy..still making mistakes now and he is coming 3years old liao! 8|

should have more interaction in the early stage..i didnt bring mine out to "make frens" earlier so now they are kind of anti social liao.. :(:( waiting to see bonnie :dancingqueen:

Updates 20 June 2008

1) 1st coat of painting done

2) wrought iron gate installed

3) lightings up

4) switches up

5) laminated flooring done

waiting for carpentry now..duno when my WIW be in leh

think can move early july liao :dancingqueen:

main gate

P6182331.jpg

hager 1gang switch (have mixture of 2 & 3 around the house

P6182330.jpg

dining light...sui sui

P6182332.jpg

the whole house indeed enough lightings cos the PLC actually very bright liao..so 4DL + 6PLC for living room for a 3room is enough..and 3DL + 3PLC in the MBR (without ceiling light) also enough..

only place where not up to my expectation is the WIW lighting..like a bit dim...hmm if want to change duno can or not...hahahaha

i love the main gate the most! like the round round and curvy feeling..me not changing the windows grills but 2nd thought now..was thinking if i should change the only the 1 in living room just to make the place looked nicer?? any comments? :unsure: