Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
newhouse

800x800 Homogeneous Tiles

Hi Guys,

New to this forum. Just got a resale flat and thinking of replcaing the current tiles with 800x800 homogeous tiles .

Most ID advise us against it, claiming that there is normally warping at the ends, creating bumps at the joints between tiles.

spoken to a tile supplier, they say this is not the case. They told me the IDs normally advise against 800x800 because more labour intensive. If theres is any uneveness, usually its the workmanship problem, not the tiles.

Appreciate any feedback on this. Thanks!

Jim

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
yes it's more labour intensive

so far no problem with my 800 x 800 tiles

have to say the tiler did a pretty good job !!

Thanks for your reply.

So, can i say that all those warping talk by the IDs are complete bull****? :bleah:

Any forseeable problems in future?

Thanks

hmm so far i've been staying at my new place for 6 months

only grouse would be the usual dirty grout line and obvious dirt/hair on light coloured tiles :bleah:

won't say the warping talk is complete bull excretion

but the same goes for those 600 x 600, it really depends on your luck

warpage seem to be a problem with China tiles, though mine came from China too !!

Edited by applefreak

Yes, what applefreak said is correct, it depends on the tiles you choose. I chose a tile design which is made in China and according to Patrick, I was the only one who had warping problem with that tile design :bleah:

The uncle who did my tiling work said even Europe made tiles have warping problem but not as much as China ones.

If the tiler says it will warp, I think usually its because they have no confidence in doing it. Laying 800x800 tiles is not just labour-intensive but also require certain amount of skill.

Well, since the tiler does not dare to do it, then you have to consider if you want to force him to do lor.