Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jopp

Cement Screeding

hi! i had inquired wif my HDB contractor about cement screeding work to be done by them as it was requested in the quote given by my potential ID that "Cement screeding to be done by HDB" for the flooring items.

And following is what i've been advised by the HDB contractor:

"Cement screeding will b done by HDB oni if u r intending to do laminated flooring. If u wanna do homo tiles, HDB will not carry out cement screeding work for u as it's against their regulations."

i've never been informed of such regulations before. Has anyone experienced this?

would appreciate ur advise...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Cement screeding is not required for homo tiles.

If u kiasu, perhaps get the quote from ID on lam tiles, get HDB to screed, after that then decide to change back to homo. They can't fault u rite?

:sport-smiley-004:

If u kiasu, perhaps get the quote from ID on lam tiles, get HDB to screed, after that then decide to change back to homo. They can't fault u rite?

;)

err...so, to screed or not to screed...for homo tiles? :notti:

No, if you confirm going to do homo tiles, you cannot do screeding. If the area meant to be tiled has cement screeding, your ID will have to knock them out in order to put the tiles, and you will probably be charged for that.

No, if you confirm going to do homo tiles, you cannot do screeding. If the area meant to be tiled has cement screeding, your ID will have to knock them out in order to put the tiles, and you will probably be charged for that.

okie understood! oni for the rooms dat i'm doing laminate flooring will require cement screeding.

thanks for all ur help! ;)

Oops.. didn't know that.. sorry for being the smart aleck.. :bangwall:

Sincere apologies for confusing the issue. :bangwall:

Rgd

Hi,

I had homo tiles for living room and laminate for bedrooms...so we asked HDB to do cement screeding for the bedrooms only as laminate requires a smooth flat surface b4 they can lay the planks...

My previous place was fully laminate so they screeded the whole house except the kitchen! :P

You can save quite a bit having HDB to do the screeding...but remember to apply early as there is a waiting period for some estates...especially new ones...I waited 2 weeks for mine to be done and it delayed my renovation progress...fortunately I was not in a hurry to move in.... :dribble: