Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
appreciative

Ways To Change The Wardrobe's Doors?

We bought a resale flat recently. 1 bedroom with a Built in wardrobe is not suitable as it has mirror on the bottom door( too dangerous with active kids around). So to save money, we think just keep the structure inside and change the door, also from sliding to swinging (also safety reason as kid's little feet can get caught while sliding). However, we were advised by an ID whom we shortlisted that we can't save much, might as well tear down and redo. Is is true the price will not be too much of a different? We feel it's a bit wasteful, and also to pay to tear and pay to build.

And for the wardrobe in kid's room, we just want to change colour (the doors are swinging type), the existing is dark walnet and the floor also dark walnet. A bit scary for kids, right? So we thought besides painting over it? Can re-laminate? or can put wallpaper over it? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

ID always tell us can't save much one leh. The last time I also thinking of changing door only but my ID told me only $100-$200 diff, but come to think of it cannot be leh. That time never think problem and change the whole thing.

Imagine they need to hack and rebuild the wardrobe, how can be not much difference. All carpentry wood prices are going up because wood prices have gone up quite a bit so just changing door should be much cheaper.

But do note to ensure the current wardrobe the inside is in good condition. Call a few ID or just carpentry contractor to compare quotes. Since changing door only don't need to let ID earn as middleman unless you are doing lots of reno and don't want the hassle of con-ordinating yourself.

Try going thru the feature article on "The Wardrobe Story" in this section for some ideas. I saw one of the owner asked Ah Keong from Ho Bee to do a re-skinning of their existing build-in wardrobe. The result was very good and nice. The damage was $1300 for a very huge wardrobe, looks > 6 feets.

Try going thru the feature article on "The Wardrobe Story" in this section for some ideas. I saw one of the owner asked Ah Keong from Ho Bee to do a re-skinning of their existing build-in wardrobe. The result was very good and nice. The damage was $1300 for a very huge wardrobe, looks > 6 feets.

Thanks keltong and yokine9a for suggestions. Wah, re-skinning so ex. I think my wardrobe is about 4 feet, think it's still too ex to re-skin, if estimate to be 2/3 of $1300.

I think i'm just going to paste pictures all over the dark wardrobe. Just change the wardrobe with mirror in the other room, at least can cut some cost.

I also intending to change my wardrobe door but I would like to change it from swinging type to sliding type. Do you think carpenter can do it. Or the contractor can do it.

I believe a carpenter can do it, but you might have to go thru your contractor to engage the service of his carpenter.

Have you engaged any contractor for your flat? I know for my contractor, Ho Bee, its carpenter Ah Keong can do this kind of job.

Thanks keltong and yokine9a for suggestions. Wah, re-skinning so ex. I think my wardrobe is about 4 feet, think it's still too ex to re-skin, if estimate to be 2/3 of $1300.

I think i'm just going to paste pictures all over the dark wardrobe. Just change the wardrobe with mirror in the other room, at least can cut some cost.

actually if you just want to cover the mirror, can consider using wallpaper

esp if the door is still in good condition :D

Painting wardrobes and doors.....?I want to paint our bedroom. The plan is to do a feature wall in deep pink, and then a pale pink on the remaining walls........

We also have a door (obviously), wooden window frames, and a 3 door wardrobe built into the wall. Would it be best to paint the door/window frames/wardrobe doors...

a) the deep pink of the feature wall

b) the light pink of the remaining walls

c) a slightly darker shade of the light pink of the remaining walls

d) leave them cream/white

e) another colour alltogether?

Any help?? I think the job is too smll for contractor to do. Probably will ant us to hack wardrobe which we don't want.

go to a industrial park and find any carpentry company and ask them for a quote. some companies may not be willing to help on a small project but some might.