Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fifteenmay

Ad Photos -how Many Is Enough?

Hi All,

Is 150 photos enough for a wedding album?

My shortlisted photographer is only offering to edit and touch up 150 images for my wedding album and all images will be returned to me.

Is this enough?

Also he wants 60% for deposit. as my AD is next year, can i neg with him to pay like 30% for booking and nearer to the date, pay the rest? I am afraid that business might close and i cannot get anything back.

Please help as this is affecting my decision to hire him. !!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

are you referring to indoor and outdoor photos or only AD photos itself?? :notti:

my indoor and outdoor photos have 2 albums. AD photos i also have 2 albums. :bath:

are you referring to indoor and outdoor photos or only AD photos itself?? :dancingqueen:

my indoor and outdoor photos have 2 albums. AD photos i also have 2 albums. :notti:

Which part of the subject title you do not understand ?

He already state AD PHOTOS and he's asking for advice if the photographer he hired is reasonable enough to collect deposit from him 1st and he's worried if the photographer he hired is to run away before his AD.

He's not interested in knowing how many albums u had.

fifteenmay, Usually photographers will collect deposit from you upon confirmation of their service. This is norm. But you may wish to negotiate with him to cut down on the deposit. Another thing is to check the credibility of the photographer. Like in forums, are there many others who engaged and satisfied with his services...etc. Anyway, this is the risk which you have to undertake. In my case, even i do not have to pay any deposit to my photographers, i also worried everyday that they will not turn up on my AD.

About how many photos are enough. This is usually fixed according to their packages. If you think 150 is not enough. you can still look around for other packages which offers u more edited photos of your style since your AD is still some time away. IMO 150 is abit too little. However think of this in another way, since the photographer has only 150 to edit and touch up, he might be able to do a better job then to edit 300-400. I believe you had already meet up with the photographer and seen his work. So you have to judge whether is it enough. Sometimes more dosent mean good.

Edited by andylyf

Placing an intial 60% deposit is quite risky, and your AD is next year, what if something in between happens like you found a better photographer? Try negotiating for lesser deposit....he hasn't done any work yet so I don't see the point why he must collect 60% from you....I paid 10% to my PG as booking for the date only....60% is a tad too much just to book the date with him...

wah andylyf...:dribble:

anyway 150 edited photos r more den enuff. I had 45+ photos and they are enuff to make a magzine styled album. however usually photographers will take 300-400+ photos and den shortlist 200+ over n u narrow down to 50+ or more the photos which u like. :(

p/s: dun spend too much on photos. they usually collect dust after the wedding. :unsure:

andylyf :P:D

diva, i tink the threadstarter is asking about number of photos on AD and not the PS photos for album...

150 is indeed a bit too little, esp if it covers the day and nite events

i agree that placing 60% deposit is a bit too much. probably can try and negotiate? not sure what is the norm deposit. but surely 20% or 30% should be quite enuff?

i did not need to place any deposits with my PG. he does not have this practice. this varies with different PG practices. Have a talk first before committing!

Which part of the subject title you do not understand ?

He already state AD PHOTOS and he's asking for advice if the photographer he hired is reasonable enough to collect deposit from him 1st and he's worried if the photographer he hired is to run away before his AD.

He's not interested in knowing how many albums u had.

fifteenmay, Usually photographers will collect deposit from you upon confirmation of their service. This is norm. But you may wish to negotiate with him to cut down on the deposit. Another thing is to check the credibility of the photographer. Like in forums, are there many others who engaged and satisfied with his services...etc. Anyway, this is the risk which you have to undertake. In my case, even i do not have to pay any deposit to my photographers, i also worried everyday that they will not turn up on my AD.

About how many photos are enough. This is usually fixed according to their packages. If you think 150 is not enough. you can still look around for other packages which offers u more edited photos of your style since your AD is still some time away. IMO 150 is abit too little. However think of this in another way, since the photographer has only 150 to edit and touch up, he might be able to do a better job then to edit 300-400. I believe you had already meet up with the photographer and seen his work. So you have to judge whether is it enough. Sometime more dosent mean good.

Hi Andylyf,

Thanks for the advice. its really useful indeed.

I have met him and saw his portfolio and i really like his work alot. The edited photos were exactly what i am looking for. Have seen other pple's work and all has come short so far.

His name has been mentioned in quite a few forums and feedback was quite good. He is also booked for 23rd Sept next year :(

What you say about more doesnt mean good makes sense. i just need to accept that 150 is ok for me. How many did you get in your package?

the rest i have seen are offering about 300 with touch ups.

150 does seem abit too little. :(

Do you often take your photos out to view?

Hey Korea,

I was talking about AD photos.

2 albums-in the end, is it a white elephant? :) I dun want to waste money.

btw, i am a she : )

Hi Andylyf,

Thanks for the advice. its really useful indeed.

I have met him and saw his portfolio and i really like his work alot. The edited photos were exactly what i am looking for. Have seen other pple's work and all has come short so far.

His name has been mentioned in quite a few forums and feedback was quite good. He is also booked for 23rd Sept next year :disturb:

What you say about more doesnt mean good makes sense. i just need to accept that 150 is ok for me. How many did you get in your package?

the rest i have seen are offering about 300 with touch ups.

150 does seem abit too little. :rofl:

Do you often take your photos out to view?

Hey Korea,

I was talking about AD photos.

2 albums-in the end, is it a white elephant? :rofl: I dun want to waste money.

btw, i am a she : )

i feel 150 might be too little.. my AD Photography package got 300 photos. 8| My ROM already have 120 photos.

i feel 60% deposit is alot.. i only paid $200 dep for my AD PG.

Edited by xinyi_reiko

i feel 150 might be too little.. my AD Photography package got 300 photos. :) My ROM already have 120 photos.

i feel 60% deposit is alot.. i only paid $200 dep for my AD PG.

Hey all,

I not too sure if i misinterpret the package.

They states that all images returned, 150 4R photos in album.

Does it mean that they would take more that 150 photos but only edit and touch up 150 of them to put into the album but the other images are returned?

If that is the case, we still can print it ourselves right?

Xinyi_Reiko, are all 300 photos touched up and edited?

Hey all,

Does it mean that they would take more that 150 photos but only edit and touch up 150 of them to put into the album but the other images are returned?

I think for most cases, they will print out a certain number of photos only.. The remaining, they will return to you in soft copies.. Most likely, unedited bah.. But at least you can still choose the nicer ones and get them print out.. :)

And for my case, my PG did not ask for any deposit.. They only collected full payment upon the collection of the albums..

If there's anything that you not sure about package, the most important person to ask is your photographer. There's nothing to be paiseh about, cause we pple here also not sure about your package and may advise u the wrong thing or make u think otherwise.

But in norm case, from what u wrote it means the photographer will take more than 150 (have to chk if there's a limit of photographs he will take). He will choose 150 according to his taste (which he thinks its good, u may want to clarify how the selection is done with ur photographer)

He will then edit the 150 according to his style and put them in an album. The rest of those undevelope one will be returned to u in some media format which u can later retrieve and print on your own.

Hey all,

yes, mine is 300 photos touched up, edited and printed and slot in photo album. Plus that 300 softcopies (touched up, edited) will be return to us, plus the rest of the photos that is not touched up

if i am not wrong.. AD photography should be in such package.. but there are some whereby np hardcopies will be printed.

i am not 100% sure on this also.. because i use back my ROM photographer. he did what i stated above for my ROM photos. 120 photos for rom.

If there's anything that you not sure about package, the most important person to ask is your photographer. There's nothing to be paiseh about, cause we pple here also not sure about your package and may advise u the wrong thing or make u think otherwise.

But in norm case, from what u wrote it means the photographer will take more than 150 (have to chk if there's a limit of photographs he will take). He will choose 150 according to his taste (which he thinks its good, u may want to clarify how the selection is done with ur photographer)

He will then edit the 150 according to his style and put them in an album. The rest of those undevelope one will be returned to u in some media format which u can later retrieve and print on your own.

i agree with andylyf

Anything not sure, ask the photographer. Get him to write down Black and White.

:)

yes, mine is 300 photos touched up, edited and printed and slot in photo album. Plus that 300 softcopies (touched up, edited) will be return to us, plus the rest of the photos that is not touched up

if i am not wrong.. AD photography should be in such package.. but there are some whereby np hardcopies will be printed.

i am not 100% sure on this also.. because i use back my ROM photographer. he did what i stated above for my ROM photos. 120 photos for rom.

Hey all,

Many thanks for all the advice. i really appreciate it.

I guess i will need to speak to him,have to wait one month as he is overseas. :dunno:

Andylyf,

Yes, i think that is what it means in the package. So is 150 in an album enough to depict the whole wedding in photos?

Hey Kat,

Yup i am definitely going to neg on the deposit part. problem is they are quite popular so they might be fixed in their deposit rules cos if i dun sign with them, there s easily another couple who would :)

Hey all, care to share who is your photographer?

Hey all,

Many thanks for all the advice. i really appreciate it.

I guess i will need to speak to him,have to wait one month as he is overseas. :good:

Andylyf,

Yes, i think that is what it means in the package. So is 150 in an album enough to depict the whole wedding in photos?

Hey Kat,

Yup i am definitely going to neg on the deposit part. problem is they are quite popular so they might be fixed in their deposit rules cos if i dun sign with them, there s easily another couple who would :)

Hey all, care to share who is your photographer?

your wedding is next year right? Then there's no hurry to put your money down at this point...scout around and clarify the details before committing your money...after all, once in a lifetime thing, worth to do more research :D

My PG is my friend, he's a freelance PG...so i only gave him an ang bao after that :dunno:

your wedding is next year right? Then there's no hurry to put your money down at this point...scout around and clarify the details before committing your money...after all, once in a lifetime thing, worth to do more research :dunno:

My PG is my friend, he's a freelance PG...so i only gave him an ang bao after that :)

My PG is also a friend of my boy's uncle.. He gave us a non-market rate that we are not supposed to disclose..