Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fifteenmay

Ad Photos -how Many Is Enough?

my PG is my hb's fren. he at first offer to be our AD PG, den later suddenly say cannot, and later say can, den cannot, den on the last wk to our AD den say CAN! :dancingqueen:

u can read all about it in my previous thread.

btw dun think he edit the 300+ photos at all. i have to edit them myself. :notti:

Wow Diva, that must be a worrying and frustrating experience, on top of all the wedding preparations. I rem reading about it somewhere. you should have done this to him :sport-smiley-004:

I think why we are in a hurry is cos the good ones are being snapped up even though it s for next year! This photographer was already booked for the 23rd Sept 09 :) thats why suddenly its our top priority to choose and book our photographer. somemore we have a budget.

All have so good lobang : )

I am meeting another photographer this fri. though his pics cannot be compared to my shortlisted one, his package is way better.

Just need to either choose quality or quantity.

Which would you choose?

:notti:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i would go for quality

another thing i feel it is impt (at least to me) is that u're comfortable with the PG.

i booked mine more than a yr in advance and yet he had already received booking on the same day!! as mentioned in another thread, he eventually took me because i had signed with him for my ROM PG before. i think his package has 400 photos for digital or 8 rolls of film.

Wow Diva, that must be a worrying and frustrating experience, on top of all the wedding preparations. I rem reading about it somewhere. you should have done this to him :)

I think why we are in a hurry is cos the good ones are being snapped up even though it s for next year! This photographer was already booked for the 23rd Sept 09 :dancingqueen: thats why suddenly its our top priority to choose and book our photographer. somemore we have a budget.

All have so good lobang : )

I am meeting another photographer this fri. though his pics cannot be compared to my shortlisted one, his package is way better.

Just need to either choose quality or quantity.

Which would you choose?

:sport-smiley-004:

Quality. They can give you 500 photos but all over or under exposed also no use.

i would go for quality

another thing i feel it is impt (at least to me) is that u're comfortable with the PG.

i booked mine more than a yr in advance and yet he had already received booking on the same day!! as mentioned in another thread, he eventually took me because i had signed with him for my ROM PG before. i think his package has 400 photos for digital or 8 rolls of film.

Hey Fifi,

Lucky you!

400 pics is quite alot of photos.

though he is more on the chinese speaking side, i am actually quite comfortable with him. only abit worried that his jokes are too cold for my family and friends! :bangwall:

Wah andylyf - - hahahahahah

It appears that he will return you the soft copy images for all pics taken, but develop only 150 for you in 4R size. imho, 150 is not sufficient to detail your day, which typically starts from morning make up to sending the guest off after the dinner.

Still - it's better to clarify with yout photographer and ask if you can choose the 150 pics (instead of he choosing).

My package - I wanted to choose myself and develop at my usual photo shop - so I asked for all sfot copies (970 pcs) and develop the pics myself, according to the kind of album I would like to have. You may want to consider negotiating package with photographer to suit your preference.

Guess the reason why deposit is to be paid is to "commit" you to that date - else if you last minute terminate his service, he has "lost" 1 day of income, and along the way, rejected all other request to be photographers for weddings on the same day. But 60% is a tad too high - maybe 10-30%?

Hi fifteenmay...

It also depends on how intensive your day will be...150 photos not a lot to me... :dribble:

Are you having solemnisation together with your day events and night events? Are you inviting many guests for your tea ceremony? Do you have many tables for your banquet? All these may require more photos as AD photos is like a slideshow of your wedding day...every moment is captured...from your makeup to you walking out of the house...taking the bridal car...blah blah...if you have too few photos...the album will lack the fluidity of the events...

For my own wedding...our photographer took about 900++ photos...we developed 350 photos...quite sufficient in my opinion...although initially we had a headache rejecting those 600 photos...hahahaha...

:P

Its better to go for quality than quantity. If you really "click" with that photographer, just go for him, u can develop the rest of the photos yourself when he return u all the softcopies. Dont wait till he got booked and then u regret.

If you show sincerity in hiring him, he mayb willing to lower the deposit when u negotiate with him.

Good luck... and oh ya, my AD photography is from Absolut Resolution.

Edited by andylyf

Hey all,

we are planning to have a church wedding, followed by tea ceremony at both houses and then dinner with about 35 tables.

We cannot choose which photos to make it into the album. the photographer would have the say in that as he says tat they know which photos to choose and which photos to show what. so in that, we have no say in the choosing of photos. :notti:

As on the rest of the photos, i am not too sure how many would he take. sigh, he is the first photographer we met so din ask all the righ questions and now hes on a overseas shoot, so i have to wait til May to check with him.

Edited by fifteenmay

Hey all,

we are planning to have a church wedding, followed by tea ceremony at both houses and then dinner with about 35 tables.

We cannot choose which photos to make it into the album. the photographer would have the say in that as he says tat they know which photos to choose and which photos to show what. so in that, we have no say in the choosing of photos. :good:

As on the rest of the photos, i am not too sure how many would he take. sigh, he is the first photographer we met so din ask all the righ questions and now hes on a overseas shoot, so i have to wait til May to check with him.

for me, i also cannot choose, but i have trust with my PG. :)

i feel you must feel comfortable and able to click with the PG. Good and popular does not means you should hurry to book the PG. try to look at other PGs work.. shotlist a few more, meet up with them, talk to them..

i am sure you wont want to have bad r/s with the PG... when he is the one capturing your most impt moments..

for me, i also cannot choose, but i have trust with my PG. :yamseng:

i feel you must feel comfortable and able to click with the PG. Good and popular does not means you should hurry to book the PG. try to look at other PGs work.. shotlist a few more, meet up with them, talk to them..

i am sure you wont want to have bad r/s with the PG... when he is the one capturing your most impt moments..

Good Advice Xinyi_Reiko!

Just to let you all know, i have decided on another photographer for my AD.

Have chosen Alex from Depixel Photography. Anyone has any experience with him?

We chose him as his photos were comparable to the previous one we were looking at but the package is much better. i have 300 photos for my album and all photos returned, plus all photos have touched up! !! so happy that we waited and looked around somemore.

Ok, another qn: Do we need 2 photographers or 1 is enough?

Ok, another qn: Do we need 2 photographers or 1 is enough?

1 photographer will do.. :sport-smiley-018:

too many photographers will end up blocking each other's view to take photo.. in the results photographer might miss out a good chance to capture the best moments.. same goes to videographer.

I asked this qn before to my PG. This is what he told me.

:sport-smiley-018:

Congrats on finding your PG.

There are a few advantages of having 2 PGs.

1)There will be photos showing your husband preparing in the morning also, before he reached your place

2)When 1 is changing lens, the other PG will still be able to shoot (more precious moments captured)

3)More angles or candid photos taken since 2 PGs able to cover more.

These are all i can think of. I had 2 PGs because of my package.

Congrats on finding your PG.

There are a few advantages of having 2 PGs.

1)There will be photos showing your husband preparing in the morning also, before he reached your place

2)When 1 is changing lens, the other PG will still be able to shoot (more precious moments captured)

3)More angles or candid photos taken since 2 PGs able to cover more.

These are all i can think of. I had 2 PGs because of my package.

Hi Andylyf,

Thanks for the advice.

We are also glad that our search for photographer is over :dancingqueen:

we are still discussing about the extra photographer as we do not have gate crashing.however the extra photographer is only $100 more.Quite cheap right? Dunnoe whether should save that money and use it somewhere else :bleah:

Hi Andylyf,

Thanks for the advice.

We are also glad that our search for photographer is over :jawdrop:

we are still discussing about the extra photographer as we do not have gate crashing.however the extra photographer is only $100 more.Quite cheap right? Dunnoe whether should save that money and use it somewhere else :P

Hi All,

Just an update. at the last min, we have decided to go with Peter from Daylight pictures.

I was reading someone's wedding blog and she happened to mention her photographer, so i kapo opened the link and saw that his package was within our budget. went on a whim and met up with him last night and my HTB liked the pictures alot.

Somemore his company is registered and have more than 12 yrs of exp. heard good comments about him in forums so we made up our minds to engage him! :dancingqueen:

i am banned from looking at other photographers anymore as i am fickle minded and might change my mind again.... ahahah :rofl:

Hi All,

Just an update. at the last min, we have decided to go with Peter from Daylight pictures.

I was reading someone's wedding blog and she happened to mention her photographer, so i kapo opened the link and saw that his package was within our budget. went on a whim and met up with him last night and my HTB liked the pictures alot.

Somemore his company is registered and have more than 12 yrs of exp. heard good comments about him in forums so we made up our minds to engage him! :yamseng:

i am banned from looking at other photographers anymore as i am fickle minded and might change my mind again.... ahahah :notti:

Hi fifteenmay,

Glad to hear you have finally decided on your AD photographer. My HB also likes peter's work. I hav met up with him recently to do my PS photos selection...really liked the pics he took for us. Eventually bought all the pics :bleah: .... So now i'm waiting to see my album layout. Thou i would like to engage him for my AD but i'm more interested in the cartoon animation i saw fr another co haha...