Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LadyLuck

Wedding Accessories

Hi LL, I remembered that you are the same BS as me.. For my case, they provided me with the matching accessories to go with the gowns.. I don't think you need to worry about that.. Unless, you really want those very special necklaces or earrings to go with..

If you want, I can PM you my link where you can see the photos of my PS & AD.. :)

hi katvolution, tat will be great thank u.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Or you can consider rent.. i have this site http://bridalcloset.multiply.com/photos which does rent some accessories, do take sometime to browse through.. although mostly gowns, but there are accessories in between here and there..

can also try this link: http://www.justgowns.biz/accessories.html

I wont say those are very nice accessories. In case you find something you like, can consider renting.

:bangwall:

xinyi thanks for your suggestion!!

maybe you can try asking your MUA if she has any to loan you? cos during my prewedding photoshoot, my MUA is the one who provides the accessories. she has a BIG collection! :notti:

hi ladyluck,

maybe you want to check out the accessories shops in the neighbourhood, eg. chameleon (i don't know if i got the right spelling), those from shopping centre counters (eg. taka or bugis, those selling accessories counters at level 1).

at chameleon, you will be able to find loud type (if you know what i mean) crystal or fake glittering diamonds type of costume jewelleries and hair accessories. and at this type of places is where you can find cheaper accessories.

usually, your BS will provide some for you to choose.

i bought alot of such costume jewelleries as i need to attend dinner & function often and usually will not wear my diamond jewellery (except my rings) unless its something special.

and do remember, if the function is at night, there will be alot of lightings and in order to stand out and shine, do wear loud, bigger (don't choose those demure type although they look nicer) necklace, drop diamond earrings, big band type of bracelet, glittering hair clips, glittering diamante heels so that you will shine whichever way you turn coz of the lights effect.

if during the day, a demure type of accessory will do, eg. you can consider wearing smaller diamond type of necklace or pearl type for necklace and earring. if at church, pearls will do great as you will look elegant.

juz a pointer, i always buy those costume jewelleries that i will be able to wear to dinners/functions in the future instead of only using them once for the wedding only.

i have a friend whose MIL gave her a whole set of real diamond jewelleries and she wore those for the whole day and we find that its quite dull. but it all depends on one's likings.

and also there will be a theme like for your gown and photo takings. eg. if you gown is those that have a lot of glittering detail flowers type, you will have to choose a simpler set of costume jewellery so that the focus will be on the beautiful gown and how the gown escentuate your figure.

if you have a more plain gown, you can choose a much more glittering jewellery to add more glitter to it or can also choose a simpler pearl type jewellery.

and during photoshooting, your makeup artist and photographer will tell you what will turn out nice in the photo and what will not. remember, the emphasis is on you, and the photographer will not want ppl to look at the jewellery only but admire the beautiful bride and the handsome bridegroom. :good:

i learn these light effect tricks as i had to organise big functions and dinners at various hotels, conventions and function halls and therefore pick up tips here and there.

you can look at wedding mags and those mags that show pics of celebrities who goes to eg. oscar, emmy awards etc. to get an idea of what type of costume jewelleries to look out for.

hope the above helps.

xinyi thanks for your suggestion!!

welcome.. :)

can try the shop Accessorize.. i just popby there and saw quite a no. of accessories suitable for bridal use.. they even sell small tiara.. which i find pretty nice, and also some bling bling hair bands.. not very expensive.. :good:

if I cant manage to find any nice accessories from BS, can just grab some from there.

alternatively, can consider using fresh flowers as hair accessories.. :(

Or you can consider rent.. i have this site http://bridalcloset.multiply.com/photos which does rent some accessories, do take sometime to browse through.. although mostly gowns, but there are accessories in between here and there..

can also try this link: http://www.justgowns.biz/accessories.html

I wont say those are very nice accessories. In case you find something you like, can consider renting.

:notti:

i rented accessories fm BridalCloset for my AD, very nice n reasonably priced. i did used some fm my BS also.

Morning WG

tiara fm BS, necklace n earrings rented fm Bridalcloset

When I change to Kua

Changed to another set of earrings rented fm Bridalcloset

Put on gold bracelet given by my sis

Changed necklace to gold necklace given by my mum

Cocktail Reception

necklace n earrings rented fm Bridalcloset

Night WG

necklace n earrings fm morning but tiara changed to another rented fm Bridalcloset

Night EG

rejected BS choice of accessories for EG and used MUA's own accessories that matches the colour of my EG (choker necklace, earrings and hairpeice) which i had used earlier for indoor PS

Edited by bluberi

awwww. from here my decision is pretty clear, yippeeee

ladyluck,

that time i joined the dec brides thread and they were exchanging their multiply photos of their wedding gowns, shoes and accessories in the dec brides. i dun have their linky anymore.

maybe u can join their thread and they will start exchanging with you? http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/...html?1207793790

btw as a rule of thumb (personal opinion only).

for the day its best not to wear too kua zhang accessaries. just keep it simple. otherwise might look too fake.

for night then its time to wear as blink blink and kua zhang accessaries as possible. all the spot light will be on you and thus you will shine (my MUA also "sewed" some crystals on my hair). even my hb wear a blink blink shiny tie for his tuxedo. The effect is very nice.

and i think the accessaories from the BS is the best since they will usually make matching accessaories for the gowns they have. they have a wide range to choose from. and if u are someone like me who changes mind easily, its logical to get from them (free anyway and i can change my mind as often as i like). so i wouldn't recommend buying since dun think will ever get to wear them anymore after that mah. :good:

yalar.. lucky u tips off me on day event :good: hehee , Wedding Gown day Time wear simple, Tea Cele I wear Kau any suggestion?

Nite i will wear KAu Zhang Accessories from BS ba. If i can find la. try not to buy Kau Zhang accessories like wat u said, i might not wear it again, if go other pple Dinner events, i jus wear Normal real diamonds. so wun have chance to wear fake Kau Zhang Accessories heee..

hi ladyluck,

maybe you want to check out the accessories shops in the neighbourhood, eg. chameleon (i don't know if i got the right spelling), those from shopping centre counters (eg. taka or bugis, those selling accessories counters at level 1).

at chameleon, you will be able to find loud type (if you know what i mean) crystal or fake glittering diamonds type of costume jewelleries and hair accessories. and at this type of places is where you can find cheaper accessories.

usually, your BS will provide some for you to choose.

i bought alot of such costume jewelleries as i need to attend dinner & function often and usually will not wear my diamond jewellery (except my rings) unless its something special.

and do remember, if the function is at night, there will be alot of lightings and in order to stand out and shine, do wear loud, bigger (don't choose those demure type although they look nicer) necklace, drop diamond earrings, big band type of bracelet, glittering hair clips, glittering diamante heels so that you will shine whichever way you turn coz of the lights effect.

if during the day, a demure type of accessory will do, eg. you can consider wearing smaller diamond type of necklace or pearl type for necklace and earring. if at church, pearls will do great as you will look elegant.

juz a pointer, i always buy those costume jewelleries that i will be able to wear to dinners/functions in the future instead of only using them once for the wedding only.

i have a friend whose MIL gave her a whole set of real diamond jewelleries and she wore those for the whole day and we find that its quite dull. but it all depends on one's likings.

and also there will be a theme like for your gown and photo takings. eg. if you gown is those that have a lot of glittering detail flowers type, you will have to choose a simpler set of costume jewellery so that the focus will be on the beautiful gown and how the gown escentuate your figure.

if you have a more plain gown, you can choose a much more glittering jewellery to add more glitter to it or can also choose a simpler pearl type jewellery.

and during photoshooting, your makeup artist and photographer will tell you what will turn out nice in the photo and what will not. remember, the emphasis is on you, and the photographer will not want ppl to look at the jewellery only but admire the beautiful bride and the handsome bridegroom. :yamseng:

i learn these light effect tricks as i had to organise big functions and dinners at various hotels, conventions and function halls and therefore pick up tips here and there.

you can look at wedding mags and those mags that show pics of celebrities who goes to eg. oscar, emmy awards etc. to get an idea of what type of costume jewelleries to look out for.

hope the above helps.

ooh..Leen you always so details..

Great! i better choose from the CHoices of range from BS before i look out for more or else i will end up choosing noting hehee.. as have a mindset wat to look for lioa lo :0