Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
skyy

Final Inspection Before 2nd Appointment!

my understanding is:

the second inspection is to check that the house is in the same condition as at the time when you decide to purchase it. Unless the seller took out or change any fixtures, then you can 'complain'.

If you want to bargain, do it before you sign the OTP. if not, it is taken that you are buying it at the 'existing condition'.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi tea,

that's my understanding too...

Unless sellers remove their aircon & leave the buyers with one big lobang in the middle of the living rm, else its buy as it is.

:)

Yesterday was asking HDB officer if i go final inspection and notice cracks or leaks, who should pay for it.

The officer told me seller will make good but if u can live with it then u take it as in condition.

I ask what will happen if the seller dont want to rectify the damage..she juz tell me then the sales not complete lor..

Hmm..

I ever asked my HDB officer the similar qtns as yours. She said the final inspection was meant for me to check any defects or unacceptable things abt the flat, & I should report them to my lawyer so that they could get the owner to fix.

The "as-in" condition clause is to protect HDB if disputs arise. However, I don't think there is no help if you found something not right after the OTP is signed.

Did an early inspection and found out the leakage. Talked to my agent and the seller agreed to pay for the reno work by taking up a HDB package. But by the time that HDB bill came in, I'm already the owner of the unit, so I'm advised by the agent to sign a undertake letter to say that I'll pick up the bill and the seller will pass me the cash before 2nd appointment.

Is that sound logical? By the way, shall I inform my lawyer at this time? My 2nd appointment is still 3 weeks down the road.

Sounds ok to me, but to be on the safe side, better seek your lawyer's advice on this.

The HDB Officer called me just now to explain all this thing. The officer mentioned that the completion of the transaction has been putting on hold till all parties agree to take up the HDB reno package, plus the undertake letter that I gotta sign. Geezz.........think I better call my lawyer now.