Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

January Balloting Result Out!

Not sure too. i have limited resource. paying the flat by ourself.

Cheap is confirm the key word here.

u looking at 87 or 97sqm?

Haven't really decided yet. Have to run thru the listing with my fiance 1st :bangwall:

Hi,

I guess I am consider quite fortunate. For my first time, I am getting 1X for the balloting exercises for the Bedok 4-rm flat. However, I totally do not know which one to pick. Any kind souls want to share experiences?

Wow! U're really lucky :rolleyes: It'll be my first time selecting a flat too, quite scary thinking about it. Whatever u choose will be your house for the next 5 years at least. Not sure what to look out for, perhaps the experienced folks would like to share some tips.

I would think that u'll have to calculate the budget u're comfortable with first, then shortlist suitable units from there. Then after that it becomes a little subjective coz it'll all depend on your preference. Some pple prefer higher level units, some prefer lower. Loads of factors I guess.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Haven't really decided yet. Have to run thru the listing with my fiance 1st :curse:

Wow! U're really lucky :good: It'll be my first time selecting a flat too, quite scary thinking about it. Whatever u choose will be your house for the next 5 years at least. Not sure what to look out for, perhaps the experienced folks would like to share some tips.

I would think that u'll have to calculate the budget u're comfortable with first, then shortlist suitable units from there. Then after that it becomes a little subjective coz it'll all depend on your preference. Some pple prefer higher level units, some prefer lower. Loads of factors I guess.

Thanks for your advice. That is what I am planning to do also. Me planning to go and explore the area on Sunday. Have any idea whether we can sneak in and see how the flats like? I am going to try it out on Sunday or even Sat night!:bangwall:!:rolleyes: Will share my experiences if I succeed. Hee.

Edited by 2BeMe

Thanks for your advice. That is what I am planning to do also. Me planning to go and explore the area on Sunday. Have any idea whether we can sneak in and see how the flats like? I am going to try it out on Sunday or even Sat night!:notti:!zz Will share my experiences if I succeed. Hee.

Haha, that's my plan too! So if I see someone sneaking around the area over this weekend, it could be u? *LOL*

usually the take up rate is 50%, that's the statistics, and applicable to all numbers. It doesn't mean people with single digit Q number would choose their unit. there are many reasons that a couple decided not to take up any offer, maybe break up liao, maybe financially not allowed, maybe they die die want top level......actually HDB shall review all these stuff b4 granting a Q number, that would save some cost (and hopefully the price of the house would be lowered---> FAT HOPE!:yamseng:!).....

Last time we have 3 blocks to choose, 2 types of units (facing north/south and facing east/west). Our Q number was 60 and only < 30 units were taken up when it's our turn. There were a total of 87 units to choose, still manage to pick up 20+ floor, which is our ideal unit :yamseng:

Edited by tingshen

usually the take up rate is 50%, that's the statistics, and applicable to all numbers. It doesn't mean people with single digit Q number would choose their unit. there are many reasons that a couple decided not to take up any offer, maybe break up liao, maybe financially not allowed, maybe they die die want top level......actually HDB shall review all these stuff b4 granting a Q number, that would save some cost (and hopefully the price of the house would be lowered---> FAT HOPE!:yamseng:!).....

Last time we have 3 blocks to choose, 2 types of units (facing north/south and facing east/west). Our Q number was 60 and only < 30 units were taken up when it's our turn. There were a total of 87 units to choose, still manage to pick up 20+ floor, which is what idea unit :notti:

after hearing what you mentioned, kinda relief.. hoping will be able to select a good unit

wow...

what a relief after read tingshen's exp...

my Qnumber also almost same as urs...

but now onli hv 89 5rm...

2thgs i need to consider... is it worth waiting for the 4yrs or getting the rdy at tanglin halt/strathmore one...

Edited by funfun08

Hey guys, the selection dates are out. Can view it at My HDBPage under New Flats.

I checked but can't see.. maybe not all are updated =p.. u balloted for bedok?