Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Guest sugarmeg

Tau Interior

Guest IceCreamhouse
"hi of all

my house will complete on next week, me and my wife will be organize a house warming session. Ha ha , come to my list. sarah, ice couple and a few out there, that helping and giving me advice for this few weeks. thank for taking up your time thank you. PM there and here just to help us couple.so will pm you all to confirm the date of my house warming.i wouldn t forget you all and renotalk forum. will been continue sharing my exp. that i went through my renovation with tau ID.

million of thank

tau id good.gif good.gif good.gif good.gif good.gif good.gif good.gif good.gif good.gif good.gif good.gif good.gif good.gif

please take noted everyone...

before sign up with any ID firm. make sure there got a valid hdb license, like what uncle winson do, saw us his license with his photo attached. Tau ID is hdb license holder and only that he also hold a BCA certificate. be ware. bangwall.gif

pls ask them to show and is a MUST.""

No offence, but I am getting really suspicious of this thread on TAU.

All the rave reviews, and no pics STILL to substantiate his quality and workmanship!

Anyone can give practical advice and do a fantastic showroom ( for show)...but it doesn't mean that their workmanship is going to be as good as the mockup. Nowadays, every ID or contractor firm has a HDB licence....and it doesnt prove that their quality and workmanship is good. Even with Hbay, Casetrust, RADAC accreditations, there are still horror stories from forummers who have engaged these firms. So its no guarantee.

And all these firms WILL BE VERY NICE AND ACCOMMODATING when you go to them, but once the contract is signed and deposit given, their true colours will show...and we all hope for the best.

In light of the fact that TAU converted from being a fish aquarium to an ID firm a few years ago, there is not much of a track record, or experience. I am really suspicious as it smacks of those fly by night set ups cashing in on the craze of bubble tea, 4 D lucky fishes, etc.

Its really fishy when you generously give them, lets count ...13 thumbs up! And no pics to substantiate! A picture is worth a thousand words.....if you are really genuine , you will be doing TAU and us a favour.

Perhaps, you can ask your friends coming over to your housewarming to help you take pics and post here.

I dont trust PM...as one can pass another ID's work as his own, and we are none the wiser. Its more transparent and best to have pics posted here for all to judge and comment.

As for me, until I see real proof to substantiate the claims, I am wary of the recommendation of TAU.

wow ...

other alex that can see workmanship and quality from picture. haha ,can teach me and everyone in the forum here. everyone is there to share information but i dun think your infromation is correct and that is personal attacking take place too. Be more realistic in your information and view.

ice

ice

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

No offence but so weird where pictures substaintiate comments and quotations must be shown to the world to validate prices?

How to show workmanship through pictures? I take a far shot generic view of the living room, you can tell if the laminates are done properly at the edges or something?

Pictures that speaks a thousand words for you in this scenario would have to be taken with DSLR in marco.

Today i received my keys from HDB. Going shopping with Winson on coming Monday and reno will start as i go for my honeymoon. For thos who know me, this would be the 2nd flat that i buy as my first had some problems.

i will start a blog so if you want, you can chill out at my reno blog somewhere in mid august after i come back from japan.

My 2cts.

Guest sugarmeg
No offence, but I am getting really suspicious of this thread on TAU.

All the rave reviews, and no pics STILL to substantiate his quality and workmanship!

Anyone can give practical advice and do a fantastic showroom ( for show)...but it doesn't mean that their workmanship is going to be as good as the mockup. Nowadays, every ID or contractor firm has a HDB licence....and it doesnt prove that their quality and workmanship is good. Even with Hbay, Casetrust, RADAC accreditations, there are still horror stories from forummers who have engaged these firms. So its no guarantee.

And all these firms WILL BE VERY NICE AND ACCOMMODATING when you go to them, but once the contract is signed and deposit given, their true colours will show...and we all hope for the best.

In light of the fact that TAU converted from being a fish aquarium to an ID firm a few years ago, there is not much of a track record, or experience. I am really suspicious as it smacks of those fly by night set ups cashing in on the craze of bubble tea, 4 D lucky fishes, etc.

Its really fishy when you generously give them, lets count ...13 thumbs up! And no pics to substantiate! A picture is worth a thousand words.....if you are really genuine , you will be doing TAU and us a favour.

Perhaps, you can ask your friends coming over to your housewarming to help you take pics and post here.

I dont trust PM...as one can pass another ID's work as his own, and we are none the wiser. Its more transparent and best to have pics posted here for all to judge and comment.

As for me, until I see real proof to substantiate the claims, I am wary of the recommendation of TAU.

Hi doggy

If it was bcos of these lack of pics dat cause u so much suspicion & uneasiness. I humbly apologise for it. I tried to upload the pics but jus cant seem to upload it although i tried many many many times.

May i suggest that for u to contact kelvin n request him to bring u to his on going projects(dont ask to see his showroom if u have doubt in it). thats as real as u can get. It will definately help ease ur suspicious mind, trust me.

Yes i agree that Even with Hbay, Casetrust, RADAC accreditations, there are still horror stories from forummers who have engaged these firms. So its no guarantee.

As long as its a human organisation, u should anticipate some error & mistakes. but so long as the person admits his mistake & willingly make up for it, why cant we give them a chance.....

My home was completed by kelvin with excellent customer service b4 & after i signed on the dotted line & even after my home was handed over me. we r very proud of our home n r thankful to him for putting in so much effort for us.

kelvin is a very humble person n we didnt mind paying a little more to buy that peace of mind. Good ppl like them deserves good business. dun judge them by wat others r sayin. c for urself

Cheers

No offence but so weird where pictures substaintiate comments and quotations must be shown to the world to validate prices?

How to show workmanship through pictures? I take a far shot generic view of the living room, you can tell if the laminates are done properly at the edges or something?

Pictures that speaks a thousand words for you in this scenario would have to be taken with DSLR in marco.

Today i received my keys from HDB. Going shopping with Winson on coming Monday and reno will start as i go for my honeymoon. For thos who know me, this would be the 2nd flat that i buy as my first had some problems.

i will start a blog so if you want, you can chill out at my reno blog somewhere in mid august after i come back from japan.

My 2cts.

grats on your new home. i read a lil about your prev encounter. good that u have found a new place. start a renoblog leh... then you can be the first Tau renoblog and who knows maybe I might follow in your footsteps. i'm still in the process of sourcing for ID but Tau is definitely shortlisted.

however, im indeed slightly skeptical about some posters here though i must say that kelvin is really very friendly and helpful. I have even went visiting with him at a flat a pasir ris he had just done up. at first still afraid he might be showing me something very well done or what but i saw the owner talk to kelvin about some flooring problem so im was pretty sure kelvin was the one doing the flat... :P

so anyway, regarding the 'fight' about pictures. i think that having pictures helps alot. lets us see the overall aesthetics with respect to design, color coordination and layout planning of the id. i do agree that workmanship might not be very clear but quality is not all about workmanship :)

so anyway, regarding the 'fight' about pictures. i think that having pictures helps alot. lets us see the overall aesthetics with respect to design, color coordination and layout planning of the id. i do agree that workmanship might not be very clear but quality is not all about workmanship :)

Agree with you. Pictures cannot accurately depict the quality of workmanship but it at least provides an indication of how the final product looks like. I've met Kelvin and he seems decent enough, waiting for my quotation. Before I engage his services I'm sure he'll agree to let me view a project or two and speak with the owners. After all renovation is expensive and everyone would like to do a reference check.

Gosh...what a response!

Lets set the record straight.....I did not say TAU is good or bad... I dont have an agenda against TAU.

I stated my suspicion of this thread on its recommendation, without any pics despite numerous requests from forummers. Only one person received and commented that its like a condo showflat....anyone would be so happy and houseproud to post pics here and recommend such a good contractor, but still no pics after 4 pages to share.

Anyone can say anything good or bad, but without any proof of what they say, one has to be wary and take it with a pinch of salt..maybe a handful :)

Its because of the rave reviews that I went to TAU for quotation...and I have and will be requesting quotations from other firms recommended in this forum as well.

Heres why I am suspicious, its my opinion and not out to slam anyone .... the responses by some of the forummers here did raise my suspicion of the genuineness of these people. EG they seem to be overly protective and defensive when some dont share their positive views of TAU, and seem to know so much about the goings on within TAU, even the details, that one cannot seem to help wonder if they are related or has vested interests. They are also very superfluous in their praises for TAU , and strongly recommend it...however, everytime, someone asks for more info or pics...they are directed to contact TAU. It is also a highly improbable coincidence that 10 friends, cousin and hubbs family are TAU customers!

There are unscrupulous people coming into the forums acting alone or in groups masquearading themselves as very satisfied clients to "advertise"; and others to badmouth.

I am being careful here, as should all other readers, one needs to do due diligence before committing. We need to find out more..eg other forummers' experience and proof to back up their claims, history and track record, experience, licences, accreditations, etc...whatever that may make us feel comfortable and take the plunge with the firm.

Like I have said, until I see the backup to the claims, will I be convinced of the genuineness of the forummers here in their recommendations.

hi you didnt offence me.

thank for sharing with us, if you think that they are not trustable then dont engage them. didnt have to say so much. THEY DID MY HOUSE WELL, IAM VERY HAPPY. So do you want me to invite you over as well for my house warming.. but i dun think you will be welcome cos you will spoil everyone mood and fun of sharing Tau ID work. :notti:

TO THE POINT PLEASE :D

any way tau id is by winson who has over 20yr experience as a contractor. kelvin is trained professional id now from wat i understand, n we like his warm attitude.

please dun give negative comment unless your home was done by them n it sucks

Excuse me, we are here to share our opinions...why are you so defensive? I didnt say they are not trustworthy...how is one to know that they are as you claim,( or that you can be trustworthy ).. and their work is very good? I am happy for you that you are satisfied with them, you can share more of your joy with others here even more with pics to share.

Thanks for asking, but its a bit presumptious and petty of you to think that you know me and that I will spoil your party, to be fair, I do give credit where its deserving...if TAU's workmanship and quality is superb as you say.

You seem offended already inspite of what you said. Let me reiterate, I did not say TAU is good or bad. I commented that he converted his aquarium business to TAU a few years back (this is a fact...one can go ask around the neighbourhood) and , not much of a track record or experience. As to uncle Winson, it sounds like they are related...are they father and son? Where was Kelvin trained as an professional ID? I am confused....Winson has 20 yr experience, TAU formed a few years after changing business from fish aquarium...Can you care to share more info...you seem to know a lot about them.

Thanks.

wow ...

other alex that can see workmanship and quality from picture. haha ,can teach me and everyone in the forum here. everyone is there to share information but i dun think your infromation is correct and that is personal attacking take place too. Be more realistic in your information and view.

ice

ice

hi.... linguan...

that is impossible..., from the bottom of my heart, Tau ID have done amount 10 frens of mine and hubbs, feed back is very good. I think some thing go wrong with your neighbour. I have just chat with uncle winson's son designer consultant kelvin. there have been doing renovation for 30 over housing per month excluding commercial and etc.... the only house the make them upset is at bedok central block 220A , if iam not wrong that is your neighbour.sorry linguan , i have to say if that is your neighbour, We as part of tau ID client feel angry as well, your neighbour have misuse and take it very granted for their service. I have no comment for tau service, one and only word to describe their service is very GOOD.

Ice, you are very quick in attacking people who dont share your very positive views and come to the defense of TAU like you have vested interests or are related, eg to lingguan and DSA; you have insider info of which offending customer and address, and details of the complaints, etc. You side with TAU when you havent heard from the other party their story....you are really protective, and too concerned for TAU "from the bottom of your heart "..when you are not a customer yet....hmmm.

As you seem to know TAU very well...pls elaborate which part of my info is incorrect, and how to be realistic in my info and view...and who am I attacking, I am only voicing my suspicions and concerns, and what I found out. I am surprised that you hadnt "shoot"me down like you did to lingguan with your facts considering your knowledge of TAU. You chastised DSA for wasting TAU's time, but its only right for any consumer to compare.

BTW, you also seem to know how many projects they are doing as well....lets see..."30 over housing per month excluding commercial and etc.", WOW!!!! ONE project a day not including commercial ones...thats a lot to handle! What is the true relationship between you and TAU!?

I am being realistic when I do my due diligence...and not to take another one's word as the gospel truth.

Oh yes...workmanship and quality can be seen from photos, though to a limited degree, if you didnt know, of course nothing beats seeing the real thing and feeling it.

Ok..let me teach you then....if you see poor workmanship like crooked tile laying or big gaps between tiles, etc you can shoot a closeup picture of that area. And likewise for good workmanship, you can take pictures of wherever you think its great work of that area, and highlight that point across eg if you see that the cabinets are evenly aligned, you can take a picture, or if you feel that the tiles are very well laid, take a picture, one can see the evenness and the gaps, etc. Or if you feel the whole apartment was done to a nice touch, take a picture. You can refer to your camera manual for more info on how to take pictures.

Thanks.

My 2cts.

Oh dear...another defensive customer. How come a simple request to share pics can elicit such responses???

Are you going to shoot down everyone who asks for pics??? Besides, it only adds to one's credibility when one post pics to back up their comments....thats all, whats so weird about that? If you dont want to share pics, its your prerogative....No need to react so strongly.

Pictures add weight to words...depending on what views you shoot, if you didnt know, there is such a thing as a wide angle shot and a closeup shot...a lot more info can be gathered from pictures. Eg if workmanship is good, one can take a close up view of the area concerned eg the laminate joining, tile laying, sealing, etc...oh yes, one can really tell the workmanship from a view like this. You can take a wide shot of eg your living room...one can still pick a lot from there, eg space planning, layout, creativity, etc...

Seriously, a normal digital camera will do just fine, its very capable nowadays...an SLR with macro would be a bonus :)

Really, every ID firm has their own portfolio of photos to show prospective clients as well...and they will be most proud to show off their best works. Its just another step to winning the clients over..the next step would be to visit their ongoing and completed projects...its just a natural progression.

Its so weird that satisfied clients can rave so positively about TAU, but yet shy to share pics of their beautiful home when requested.

Aw shucks...thanks, but don't do a blog just for me, you can share your blog with all the readers here...we will be looking forward to it. You can add another 2 cts to that.

Thank you and have a great trip.

Hi doggy

If it was bcos of these lack of pics dat cause u so much suspicion & uneasiness. I humbly apologise for it. I tried to upload the pics but jus cant seem to upload it although i tried many many many times.

May i suggest that for u to contact kelvin n request him to bring u to his on going projects(dont ask to see his showroom if u have doubt in it). thats as real as u can get. It will definately help ease ur suspicious mind, trust me.

Yes i agree that Even with Hbay, Casetrust, RADAC accreditations, there are still horror stories from forummers who have engaged these firms. So its no guarantee.

As long as its a human organisation, u should anticipate some error & mistakes. but so long as the person admits his mistake & willingly make up for it, why cant we give them a chance.....

My home was completed by kelvin with excellent customer service b4 & after i signed on the dotted line & even after my home was handed over me. we r very proud of our home n r thankful to him for putting in so much effort for us.

kelvin is a very humble person n we didnt mind paying a little more to buy that peace of mind. Good ppl like them deserves good business. dun judge them by wat others r sayin. c for urself

Cheers

I am not the only one to feel that way.

As you are a client of TAU as you claimed, your testimony coupled with photos will help ease many of readers' minds that its not a fraud. Up till now, so many satisfied TAU clients, and many RAVE reviews, but no pics to share despite many requests...its strange, no? And we are always asked to contact TAU...weird huh?

You can always google for instructions on how to attach and upload photos, it is really quite easy. The search function is very powerful... try to type " how come I cannot upload photos ", but its best if you try...let me spell it out for you ," How to upload photos", or "how to attach photos in a forum ".

Or you can ask help from your kakis here.

Its great to hear you are happy with TAU, and proud of your home, pls do share your joy and show us photos of your beautiful home....like you said, "good ppl like them deserves good business", you will be doing a great service for TAU, and readers here to share what a "wonderful contractor" you have engaged. Really glad for you :)..really....that you didnt have any problems, unlike some unfortunate forummers who werent as lucky as you. We all dont want to end up with nightmare contractors... and lots of hard earned money down the drain! Plus to live in pain at the sight of poor and lousy workmanship every single day.

I met with many IDs and contractors, they were all very nice and humble too, but I need more than that other than their nice personalities to push me signing up with them. One cannot be too trusting....conmen prey on that.

You are exactly right that I shouldnt believe what others say, and that I need to c for myself, we all do,....I also need unbiased, and genuine testimonies with pictures from TAU clients to be convinced of their claims..its no guarantee, but its one step closer.

Cheers too.

Hi aves, thanks...exactly my sentiments. Wondering if you have received any pics yet?

I am sure all readers can judge for themselves after following this thread.

Heres a very good example , and do I hear anybody else say you cannot see workmanship from photos!??....and his story is more believable. We went there too after seeing their ads in papers! There are many others out there...still need a lot of time to browse through.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...amp;hl=prestige

Luckily, we always make it a point to check back here, and were shocked to discover the many horror stories with this firm! We hate to imagine that our "xue han qian" will go down the longkang like that, plus the unspeakable agony we have to face every day.

We also visit expos...but never never sign on the spot and be tempted by their freebies, ...must always come back here to check.

I and my dear would like to thank him and the rest of the genuine posters here for their great advice and warnings.

Indeed, this forum has been a great help in helping us to build our lovenest...we have to choose wisely, to minimise the pain.

Its scary to think that you all could be the very people from TAU that we are dealing with.

In the meantime, we are continuing our search for a good contractor/id and quotation hunting.

Its time to move on, folks,.......there is nothing to see here...LITERALLY :notti:

Edited by snoopydog

The"heat" in here feels like that in car forums.

Well if one reads on in other contractor threads, actually also not much pictures. If any, its usually in the first few and randomly here and there.

Probably Tau came into spotlight cox of 4 pages without pictures haha

Nevertheless blog is meant for the oldies who's given me advice, support and for me to repay what i learnt.

Going off to get married now hehe

Guest careBnet
The"heat" in here feels like that in car forums.

Well if one reads on in other contractor threads, actually also not much pictures. If any, its usually in the first few and randomly here and there.

Probably Tau came into spotlight cox of 4 pages without pictures haha

Nevertheless blog is meant for the oldies who's given me advice, support and for me to repay what i learnt.

Going off to get married now hehe

haha

enjoy your holiday bro. the xxxx like very sad and uneasy with our valid post. dun provide any information here but keep on back attack on tau. (funny orr). ignore him la.all his post is nothing related to reno and give any good advice. :jawdrop::jawdrop:btw we can request the xxx to post kelvin quot at here if he canT , something must be wrong.we both know how tau quotation and agreement look like, so xxx pls post tau qoutation at here. everyone share and see got any goodies information here, but xxx dun understand wat is a forums ,sad for him. keep on pin point this and that . cant read all his Ah ma story, if i will to read, to the conclusion is HE IS STILL saying the same thing. haha after reading, you wouldnt get any good information for him at all . sobzz if i got to read his invalid post i rather go and clear my IPPT. haha

zc 31 ,have you ever hear a song of the name

hahaa: who let the xxxx!! wo wo :notti:

bro enjoy your holiday. :dancingqueen::dancingqueen:

gtg work

[Phantom: Its just me but I feel offended by the way you refer to another forummer's nick]

Edited by Phantom

I think everyone needs to cool down here.

As much as the 'recommenders' want to help us by giving us good recommendations. The 'doubters' are also out to help by warning us that all the recommendations MIGHT be fake.

We're all (well, not exactly all considering there are really some IDs here giving fake advice/badmouthing) here to help and learn so trust/doubt whatever you want to and at the end of the day, the decision lies with you on who to pick.

I think everyone needs to cool down here.

As much as the 'recommenders' want to help us by giving us good recommendations. The 'doubters' are also out to help by warning us that all the recommendations MIGHT be fake.

We're all (well, not exactly all considering there are really some IDs here giving fake advice/badmouthing) here to help and learn so trust/doubt whatever you want to and at the end of the day, the decision lies with you on who to pick.

A whole bunch of posts by a number of newbies praising Tau to the skies... you do the math... :rolleyes:

Guest IceCreamhouse
haha

enjoy your holiday bro. the xxxxx like very sad and uneasy with our valid post. dun provide any information here but keep on back attack on tau. (funny orr). ignore him la.all his post is nothing related to reno and give any good advice. :jawdrop::jawdrop:btw we can request the xxx to post kelvin quot at here if he canT , something must be wrong.we both know how tau quotation and agreement look like, so xxx pls post tau qoutation at here. everyone share and see got any goodies information here, but xxx dun understand wat is a forums ,sad for him. keep on pin point this and that . cant read all his Ah ma story, if i will to read, to the conclusion is HE IS STILL saying the same thing. haha after reading, you wouldnt get any good information for him at all . sobzz if i got to read his invalid post i rather go and clear my IPPT. haha

zc 31 ,have you ever hear a song of the name

hahaa: who let the xxx !! wo wo :notti:

bro enjoy your holiday. :dancingqueen::dancingqueen:

gtg work

hey care

kelvin have bring my friend to view your house this afternoon, simple renovation work but my friend is confuse why your kitchen sink is facing to the living hall area. who did the design ... cool . cant wait to see your house.pls pm me the place where you bought your sofa. B cos my gal friend taken the picture to show me. ask my hubbs if he want to change a not. my friend have sign up with kelvin this afternoon, after viewing your house.

sobzz

ice

[Phantom: This post is moderated. Certain comments are unnecessary]

didnt have to reply my post.

we just want peace here, for sharing and exchange information here, like a little family or discussion group. and not bad mouthing or invalid information , right a not. but some dont understand. forum is sharing ex of your trusted ID. if you couldnt agree then is simple enough dun post.

Edited by Phantom

my bath before renovation...ugly exposed sewerage pipes :bleah:

SPA56125.jpg

hand drawing by kelvin.. i quite like it :D he proposed to use painted glass instead of hollow block. Nice?

BathDrawing.jpg

Bought toilet accessories & ariston 30-com ariston vitroceramic hob fm Hxx Khxxx thru Kelvin, cheaper at $429 compared to promotional price of $439 :sport-smiley-003: hopes his recoomended lightings & air-con contractor will also be cheaper :dancingqueen:

Hacking works completed. Masonry works starting monday. Lazy to start T-blog so will keep yr guys updated here whn the drawings are confirmed & carpentry works completed ba

some comments on kelvin:

-we met 3 times & he's always early

-he drives a super cool car

-he's friendly & does not mind meeting on weekends/evenings at places convenient to us

-he offers alternatives & suggestions

design-wise, we basically know wat we wan but will seek his advice on materials & color coordination.

let's c how the final result goes :lol:

:yamseng:

Edited by Danielray

my bath before renovation...ugly exposed sewerage pipes :bleah:

SPA56125.jpg

hand drawing by kelvin.. i quite like it :D he proposed to use painted glass instead of hollow block. Nice?

BathDrawing.jpg

Bought toilet accessories & ariston 30-com ariston vitroceramic hob fm Hxx Khxxx thru Kelvin, cheaper at $429 compared to promotional price of $439 :sport-smiley-003: hopes his recoomended lightings & air-con contractor will also be cheaper :dancingqueen:

Hacking works completed. Masonry works starting monday. Lazy to start T-blog so will keep yr guys updated here whn the drawings are confirmed & carpentry works completed ba

some comments on kelvin:

-we met 3 times & he's always early

-he drives a super cool car

-he's friendly & does not mind meeting on weekends/evenings at places convenient to us

-he offers alternatives & suggestions

design-wise, we basically know wat we wan but will seek his advice on materials & color coordination.

let's c how the final result goes :lol:

:yamseng:

can you share with us how much was your quotation? :notti:

can you share with us how much was your quotation? :notti:

Hacking works $2,600

Masonry works $11,200

Plumbing/Aluminium Works $1,000

Painting/Plastering $1,900

Carpentry works $11,585

Hacking works $2,600

Masonry works $11,200

Plumbing/Aluminium Works $1,000

Painting/Plastering $1,900

Carpentry works $11,585

Mind letting me know what are the things you'll be hacking... cos my hacking quote is very high... Oh and is yours a 4/5 room?

Thanks!