Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Guest sugarmeg

Tau Interior

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Yuen yuen or any renotalker,

there is something i want to ask u on their installation of the curtain rods.

Do they come to install the rods first, then your ID do up the false ceiling leaving a groove/gap for the curtain-maker to put up the curtains after the whole reno?

Or the false ceiling can be all up, as long as there is a groove/gap left there, the curtain-makers can drill the rods up after the whole reno (with rods hidden behind the false ceiling)?

Btw how wide is the groove that your ID left for the curtains?

Million tks

Hi Yuen yuen or any renotalker,

there is something i want to ask u on their installation of the curtain rods.

Do they come to install the rods first, then your ID do up the false ceiling leaving a groove/gap for the curtain-maker to put up the curtains after the whole reno?

Or the false ceiling can be all up, as long as there is a groove/gap left there, the curtain-makers can drill the rods up after the whole reno (with rods hidden behind the false ceiling)?

Btw how wide is the groove that your ID left for the curtains?

Million tks

Hi enivi

My false ceiling is up already before the curtains guys come. The track is drill upwards one and quite thin and I left about 6 inches which is standard according to them. 6 inches will fit both day and night curtains. My is track kind not rods. For rooms, you can also opt for pelmet to hide the track. Let me search my camera to see if I have picture for you.

Hi,

anyone knows how long it will take to install carpentries?

Hi Gluttonish - depends on how much carpentary work you have. My existing place, they completed within 6 days. For the new place, Kevin told me can finish within 4 days.

guys, how much discount do u all get from Kevin's 1st quote?

I was shocked to see his quote. $5k more than the highest quote I've had so far from a ID firm which I already feel it's quote is too high.

Now like dun even have the feeling to ask him to re-quote unless he gives super big discounts. That's why thought of asking here 1st.

Edited by alamak

Hi enivi

My false ceiling is up already before the curtains guys come. The track is drill upwards one and quite thin and I left about 6 inches which is standard according to them. 6 inches will fit both day and night curtains. My is track kind not rods. For rooms, you can also opt for pelmet to hide the track. Let me search my camera to see if I have picture for you.

tks a lot yuen yuen ..

Btw the track type is it those metal type that our parents use last time? Does all track type come to be drill upwards? tks

tks a lot yuen yuen ..

Btw the track type is it those metal type that our parents use last time? Does all track type come to be drill upwards? tks

Hi enivi

Yes, those metal type that our parents use last time. I use 2 type of tracks, the straight one and bendable ones to cover L-shape window. Bendable ones more expensive and both can be drill upwards.

guys, how much discount do u all get from Kevin's 1st quote?

I was shocked to see his quote. $5k more than the highest quote I've had so far from a ID firm which I already feel it's quote is too high.

Now like dun even have the feeling to ask him to re-quote unless he gives super big discounts. That's why thought of asking here 1st.

Hi alamak

he only give me $50 discount (which is less than 0.5% out of the total bill). The question is whether all the quotes you get are of the same materials. Like my baywindow, some quote me granite, whole plank of good quality wood, plywood wood with laminates, PU cushions, material cushions etc etc, and the costs can be very very different. example granite will cost me $1300 whereas plywood with simple laminates is $300. Must compare apple with apple.