Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Guest sugarmeg

Tau Interior

Guest careBnet
I didn't know this is a thread for good comments on Tau Interior and its not specify anywhere. I am just trying to share my experience, whats wrong? But anyway, i expected it. Fyi, i have already waited for 3 months for his quote! I guess you are too anxious to jump into his defence and didn't read carefully. Makes me wonder how are you related to him :rolleyes: I'm not sure how you define "understanding" too... probably you have waited for half a yr to get a quote for him thus my 3 month is nothing compared to yours?? If thats the case... wow.... you are TRULY understanding! *applaud*.

Aside to yuenyuen, i'm sure Kel is lucky to have such a understanding and reasonable customer like you. Cheers!

hmmm....

cool cool...

client, to supporter to good friend. this is our cycle.haha.. you wait for 3 months, that might be a problem that kel didnt dare to bring out,client is always right.cool cool. didnt have to jump up. not worry kel didnt reply.as a reader , iam also can read your attitude. you must have scare kel. haha just joking. optional is yours.

happy renovation and merry christmas

care :D:D:D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Guest careBnet
I didn't know this is a thread for good comments on Tau Interior and its not specify anywhere. I am just trying to share my experience, whats wrong? But anyway, i expected it. Fyi, i have already waited for 3 months for his quote! I guess you are too anxious to jump into his defence and didn't read carefully. Makes me wonder how are you related to him :rolleyes: I'm not sure how you define "understanding" too... probably you have waited for half a yr to get a quote for him thus my 3 month is nothing compared to yours?? If thats the case... wow.... you are TRULY understanding! *applaud*.

Aside to yuenyuen, i'm sure Kel is lucky to have such a understanding and reasonable customer like you. Cheers!

newbie with 6 post

funny orh

may be is from............

care wife

Edited by careBnet

Since there is no review by clients after their renovation with Tau recently. I feel it is time for me to provide a review on their recent workmanship.

Please bear with me as my review on their poor workmanship, poor time management and poor space planning is very lengthy. Also I feel that pictures speak louder than words, so will be uploading some pictures so reader can judge for themselves.

stay tune......while I get my camera in action......

Edited by yuenyuen

Yes, i'm sure pictures speak louder than words... no point having "supporter" on guard 24/7 trying to shoot down bad comments on Tau and even to the extend of bringing out the wife, ah gong, ah ma, uncle, aunty etc... just make pple wonder even more.... :D

I'm outta here for good... Kel... erm i mean careBnet and care wife, be cool ya... if not pple will easily discover your true identity if you are overly defensive... cool cool... haha... just joking... Merry Christmas!

Hi All,

Hope all are calmed down already. Since I'm not going to take side to any parties, I'll try to share my experience as objectively as possible.

For me personally, I am satisfied with most of Tau's work except for carpentry and post renovation cleaning. I am impressed with their workers skills in tiling, piping and wiring. However, I am very disappointed with the work and attitude of their carpenters. Luckily, my kitchen cabinet was completed neatly. However, my bathroom vanity is badly done.

So for Yuen Yuen's case, I think coincidentally most of her renovation involved carpentry so she can't see Tau's strong points. I could understand her disappointment. I myself have told and asked Kelvin about his carpenters as I felt their attitude are really different from his other workers who were very dedicated with their job. Hopefully, he could take it as a feedback to improve Tau's service.

As myself, I would still engage Kelvin in my future renovation because I think his after sales service is quite good as well. Two weeks ago, I had problem drilling my wall to mount my wall clock and ended up screwing up some part of it (including the painting). Even though it's not his mistake he personally came down to my place fixing it (retouching and re-painting the wall including helping me mounting my wall clock) free of charge.

However for carpentry work, honestly I still hesitate to engage him and might prefer engaging direct carpenters to do my future carpentry work until someone gives new positive feedback on it in the future. So for Kel's supporters, it might be good to convey the feedback to him as well so they can improve their service.

Lastly, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Cheers,

Edited by beruang.ndut

It is time for me do a review of my renov process

At first after reading all the good reviews here and no negative review (unless I miss them), decide to used Tau for my renov. BIG mistake.

Please note that I am giving reviews on 8 pieces of carpentary work, 3 huge mirror, painting and baywindow granite (no wetwork or kitchen cabinets).

Defects / sub-standard work which I have to accept as the HO was delay. I have 2 young kids and 1 elderly and can't afford to let them do major rectification like re-doing the carpentry stuff after HO. The HO was to be 27 Oct (1 month from start of Renov) but the actual HO was delay to 13 Nov and this is before rectification of defects. I did not use them for false ceiling or electrical, as I sub them out to my old contact.

1) Altar table - have 6 rows of metal strip running across it, poor workmanship as can see the gaps/wood below it (accept this as this is the only piece with the least defects). I have bought some brown marker to paint it.

2) Display cabinet, laminate cracked, change to plain laminate, still crack, I tried to bend the laminate and it is soft and flexible and no reason to crack and so it must be workmanship problem. Have to accept it as I am moving.

3) TV Console - workmanship is bad, we have 3 metal strips running across it, again wood behind the metal strips can be seen as they can't seems to cut the line for the gap to place the strips straight. The laminate is in white and wood is quite obvious. Tried to cover some of it with my TV, the rest will see if I can use the plaster and white paint to paint it.

4) MBR wardrobe - as mentioned before alignment is out and now we realised it is not only the behind length is longer than the front, the right side is also shorter than than the left. This wardrobe was re-done already as the first one was wrong size. Can't believe they still can't get it right the second time. Very upset with this wardrobe. Someone mentioned that it could be my wall and when I checked back, I had picture of this wall and floor as I needed the developer to rectify the flooring and glass door and confirm that the floor is NOT crooked, so this is POOR WORKMANSHIP.

to be continued........

Altar - gaps in the metal strips and crack in the laminate (highlighted in the smaller red box)

altar1.png

Crack on my display - look at the rectification work (put a lump of plaster there?)

displaycrack.png

Joint lines on display

displayrighttop.png

Edited by yuenyuen

Still on the display - right side bottom

displayrightbottom.png

Display - left side bottom. Just in case you are wondering, the joint lines are black, I have gotten myself some white marker to dot them away. can't cover all as the joint are too wide and the finishing is not straight, so I have a difficult time trying to cover it.

displayleftbottom.png

Please note that all this is at eye level and still this is the main display, really an eyesore and eye opener. Just like any other home owner, I was hoping that I can display my things at the nice display cabinet. If anyone can think of a way to hide them or made them less obvious, let me know.

Edited by yuenyuen

TV console - again there are metal strip running across the TV console

I tried to position the TV such that it hides most of them as the expose wood is on the full length of the TV console.

These are the ones that I can't cover.

tvconsole1.png

tvconsole2.png

The finishing on the side is quite poor as you can see.

tvconsole3.png

Still on the display - right side bottom

[ig]http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/6527/displayrightbottom.png

Display - left side bottom

[ig]http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/5387/displayleftbottom.png

Please note that all this is at eye level and still this is the main display, really an eyesore and eye opener. Just like any other home owner, I was hoping that I can display my things at the nice display cabinet. If anyone can think of a way to hide them or made them less obvious, let me know.

so what did your ID do when you shown him the defects? I guess this is also quite impt.

Edited by alamak

After sales service - after more than 1 month of shifting in. I am still waiting for 1 outstanding small piece of carpentry that he say will be finished last week.

so what did your ID do when you shown him the defects? I guess this is also quite impt.

He kept quiet. Even when we point out the crack in the display and the crooked wardrobe, he just shook his head...

The display is a second piece already as the first piece had 4 cracks and that one we insisted that they change, for the wardrobe, this is also the second time they fix this as the first piece the measurements are incorrect and we also insist that they change as if not I can't open the wardrobe doors fully as it was too big. They took back to change the size, came back and fix a crooked one instead. By the time I check, they have already fix up a box-up beside it and the plank on top beside the box-up already.

1) Altar table - have 6 rows of metal strip running across it, poor workmanship as can see the gaps/wood below it (accept this as this is the only piece with the least defects). I have bought some brown marker to paint it.

3) TV Console - workmanship is bad, we have 3 metal strips running across it, again wood behind the metal strips can be seen as they can't seems to cut the line for the gap to place the strips straight. The laminate is in white and wood is quite obvious. Tried to cover some of it with my TV, the rest will see if I can use the plaster and white paint to paint it.

Sorry just out of curiosity to make everything clear, it seems that you don't like the idea of having metal strips on the carpentry works but how come they were installed on those items? Are there any misunderstanding/miscommunication or you have agreed it to be installed but didn't realize it would be bad later or they have initiatives to install it wiithout your permission?

Cheers

Sorry just out of curiosity to make everything clear, it seems that you don't like the idea of having metal strips on the carpentry works but how come they were installed on those items? Are there any misunderstanding/miscommunication or you have agreed it to be installed but didn't realize it would be bad later or they have initiatives to install it wiithout your permission?

Cheers

i don't mind the metal strips as they add some design and also my old house have them as well and it was nice and neatly done (Was looking through my photo, can't find a close-up of my old TV console to show here). There is no miscommunication as I agreed for it to be installed and was expecting the same standard. It is their skill in cutting the area to put the strips, can't cut straight so there are some gaps exposed.